Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich vs Bolton Match thread!!

"Michael Starr"]Really poor stuff now. Get the woeful Jackson of, get Morison on. put the ball wide and get those crosses in!! Come on LAMBERT. Only one winner right now at it''s the team in white.

Woeful Jackson, one of our best players today. Do you watch much football?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]hoolahan playing well normally means a good result and is the case today[/quote]

Agree to that.Thought he had a great game.My MOTM[Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]#ncfc starting XI Ruddy, Drury, Whitbread, Holt (C), Jackson, Surman, Pilkington, Hoolahan, Fox, Naughton, Ayala. And the #ncfc bench - Steer, Martin, Johnson, Morison, Crofts, Bennett, Wilbraham Looks like diamond again to me...[/quote]

[Y][Y]

Like this!   This for me is our best line up.    Attacking, with good passers throughout the team.    This is a footballing team.

[/quote]

[Y][Y][Y][<:o)]

Great game and a very much deserved 3 points. Fantastic afternoon where everyone on that pitch worked hard. We were as brilliant as Bolton were woeful.

On a side note I thought Bennett looked very cool and composed at the back, his cushioned header back to Ruddy was delightful.

Have to ask how did Naughton perform today? On Wednesday I thought he was awful a liability to have in the left back position.

4 inches of snow in the Mountains of Wales but I''m very warm after that.  Special note for Naughton who was as cool as you like out of position.  Thought he was excellent!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I much prefer this line-up to the one on Wednesday. I''d assume its a diamond but Pilkington & Surman will spread wide when in possession. If we''re to play the diamond, everybody has to be comfortable in possession with plenty of movement off of the ball. Perhaps its a bit lightweight today & vulnerable on the break but Fox has to play ahead of Johnson because of his ball retention & simply Crofts has struggled this season so Pilkington gets the nod there, Jackson will also push their defence deeper with his pace & allow the midfield diamond more room whereas Sunderland were able to press high.[/quote]

Trent, I hope you''re right, but I don''t see much of a difference. It is still (presumably) Hoolahan behind two strikers (with Jackson  less able to hold the ball up than was Morison) and so a three-man midfield that is likely to get overrun.

[/quote]

Midfield ran the show today with composure on the ball & movement off of it. Jackson was MOTM though, his pace forced Bolton deep and allowed the midfield to dominate.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I much prefer this line-up to the one on Wednesday. I''d assume its a diamond but Pilkington & Surman will spread wide when in possession. If we''re to play the diamond, everybody has to be comfortable in possession with plenty of movement off of the ball. Perhaps its a bit lightweight today & vulnerable on the break but Fox has to play ahead of Johnson because of his ball retention & simply Crofts has struggled this season so Pilkington gets the nod there, Jackson will also push their defence deeper with his pace & allow the midfield diamond more room whereas Sunderland were able to press high.[/quote]

Trent, I hope you''re right, but I don''t see much of a difference. It is still (presumably) Hoolahan behind two strikers (with Jackson  less able to hold the ball up than was Morison) and so a three-man midfield that is likely to get overrun.

[/quote] Midfield ran the show today with composure on the ball & movement off of it. Jackson was MOTM though, his pace forced Bolton deep and allowed the midfield to dominate.[/quote]

Trent, I''m very happy[Y] to be proved wrong! At least today...[;)]

From what I saw (around half the game in dribs and drabs) the team/formation (including, as you predicted, Jackson) certainly worked. I do still worry about using it against better teams, though.