Sign in to follow this  
J.Warman

which players have been offered to peterborough?

I thought I read something about a youth player heading to Posh on loan somewhere during all the ''is-he-coming-or-is-it-too-late'' confusion on Tuesday night... which would make sense in a way, PL is clearly keen on loaning out talented youngsters for first-team experience, and Ward already has experience and would arguably be better served by playing alongside some of his teammates for the reserves to get his fitness up...

I got the feeling that we loaned him back for a month instead in the end.The loan player going the other way is the same one who is coming in!

Hmm... but Bennett''s loan-back deal is only until the end of February, right? I''m guessing that''s because they have Burnley, West Ham and Cardiff coming up, all of which will be tough defensive games for them... I wonder if we''ll loan them someone else at the end of Feb for the rest of the season? (Maybe Barnett if Ward is fully fit; Ward if he still needs match practice; or a youngster if any senior defenders get injured in the meantime)

Not questioning PL''s statement, just I could swear I remember Barry Fry talking about a loan deal for someone other than Bennett...

The rumour I heard from the Peterborough fans was that Drury was going to join them on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent move in the summer.   That wouldn''t have surprised me too much, but with our current defensive situation, I don''t think it will happen - Drury was solid today (a few jitters early on but hasn''t played much) and he still doesn''t let us down when called on - he''s still got it!