Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

The difference in Lambert today

I was watching the game online today (and also Sunderland) so didn''t have the benefit of being at the game, but to me it seemed as if Lambert was a completely different figure in the dugout today than he was at Sunderland.Today from the first min Lambert was out on the touchline urging his team to press, show high energy and come out of the blocks running, he seemed to keep this encouragement up the whole game. At sunderland he seemed a lot more subdued, spent a lot of his time in his dugout looking a bit lost. Just wonder what the reason for the difference was, the Lambert we saw today was the usual Lambert.I also imagine that when the players see Lambert on the sideline giving it some, it drives them on another 5-10%

I think on Wednesday he was simply just as shocked as we were that the team didn''t perform. It wasnt stage freight in front of his gaffer, just disbelief and disappointment that he knew it just wasn''t happening.

I also think Lambert is very comfortable at Carrow Road in front of us.

The difference wasn''t whether Paul Lambert was on the touchline or not, it was:

a) playing two naturally wide players in Pilks and Surman (oh and they benefitted from it by being the goalscorers)

b) playing David Fox - you can''t play him every match due to his limitations but when we are able to play him, his passing is deadly

c) playing Simeon Jackson - a live wire, got Man of the match much deserved!

d) playing the ball out of defence rather than long ball - brilliant today....ruddy was almost playing sweeper

Don''t read too much into Lambert''s movement, I''m sure he doesn''t read anything into it.....

I think Lambert had something to prove to himself yesterday. He was subdued against Sunderland, no doubt about it. It was great that Sky had Neil Lennon doing the Sunderland game because he was able to give real insight into how PL was feeling.

Lambert was not his normal self. Especially in the first half. It was just a case of him admiring O''Neil so much that PL saw himself as inferior. I believe that if PL could play that game again, he would be totally different.

I go to all home games and enjoy watching PL on the touchline and yesterday he was at it again. Completely different to Wednesday night. He was kicking every ball. It certainly helps the players to see PL there with them, rather than sitting quietly in the dugout.

Spot on Row D

I thought Lennon was excellent on Wed night. A great insight into how he would feel facing the master again and that appeared to be exactly the reaction that Lambo portrayed.

A most unusual night that one - all very strange but Sir Paul is back on song now!