Sign in to follow this  
johnboy

palace game

lets wake up and smell the coffee saturday was a one off it all went well for us and man u were at there absolut worst. We''ve been crap all season and that will probaly continue on saturday.2 or 3 nill to palarse hope i''m wrong but i fear not.

So Saturday was a one-off in what sense?I think although Utd were crap we played well and had a little bit of luck for a change. Perhaps the luck was the one-off you''re talking about.I hardly think it''s necessary to warn us all not to get overexcited. Most of us already accept that we''re probably down even if we win on Saturday. Even so, don''t you think you should wait to see what happens against Palace rather than telling us we''re going to lose beforehand?I promise that you can say I told you so if you''re right. Just don''t go on about it until then ok?

[quote]lets wake up and smell the coffee saturday was a one off it all went well for us and man u were at there absolut worst. We''ve been crap all season and that will probaly continue on saturday.2 or 3 nil...[/quote]

WHAT??

Were we crap when....

• we almost got an unlikley draw at old trafford
  • we were able to get back from 2-0 down agianst Newcastle
  • we outplayed Everton off the park and unfortunatly lost
  • we should have beaten portsmouth at our place if it hadn''t been for Gary Holt hitting the bar, after coming back twice
  • we came back from 4-1 down agiainst boro
  • we outplayed west brom at their place and were unlucky not to win
  • we came back twice agianst Bolton and won 3-2!!
  • we managed a draw at pompy with ten men and very poor weather

This season all we are guilty of is being damned unlucky, a tad nieve at times, some bad decisions, but not bloody crap!!

We have held our nerve agianst the teams in our mini league and not dropped any points!!

Don''t be soo quick to write us off, after all its easy to criticise, why not be more imaginative and think positively!!

Lastly, don''t take the credit away from our players by saying man u were at their worst!! Those players played magnificently and deserve the highest praise!!

unlucky  2-3 man city 0-1 fulham,  villa away bolton away charlton away  i could go on and on  oh yeah we were very lucky home to wba  And a point was to be had home to chelsea but we were to nice. and someone said we got a point at wba   well that one was 2 points lost. Like i said wake up and smell the coffee.  

It would be typical city to go and lose to Palarse having beaten Manure; it would render last saturdays performance meaningless if a similar performance does not happen this weekend.

In many respects city HAVE been crap this season.  We ARE bottom of the league, have conceeded more goals than any other side and defended naively.  The manager on the whole has been poor tactically and allowed too many players to perform below their best, let alone premier levels, without being replaced by players who were available and deserved a better chance than they were given initially.  The treatment of Charlton, our best defender this season bar Shacks, is truly shocking.

The counter argument is right though.  Despite our very obvious shortcomings there have been very few games where we have been hopelessly outclassed and to be honest far too many games that we have lost or drawn where we should have picked up either one or all of the points, mainly due to the failings in the paragraph above.  In the main, (Bolton and Ar$e away)the attitude of the players on the pitch has been excellent and they have fought well, even if the quality has not been there.  Overall this IS a poor quality prem league this year.

We could so easily be sitting where Fulham/Portsmouth are now and that is what is so frustrating about this season.  As a club we do deserve to be where we are today, bottom of the league, however the story could have been so so different if only...

Its up to the players on saturday to show that the if only remains alive instead of just a dream.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS. 

OTBC

Didn''t Saturday give you any hope, lets cling to slender hopes until 17.00 Saturday.  I think it unlikely but a similar performance it would not be impossible. 

[quote]Fact : We''re bottom, the league doesn''t lie mate.[/quote]

What exactly does that mean?

Does that mean that I am lying??

I didn''t say that we hadn''t turned in some very poor performances, but to say that we have been poor all season is just not true!!

[quote]Fact : We''re bottom, the league doesn''t lie mate.[/quote]

FACT 1 

WE BEAT MAN UTD

FACT 2

STILL 6 GAMES LEFT 18 POINTS TO WIN

FACT 3

WE CAN STILL STAY UP

SO LETS STOP THE NEGATIVE TALK AND BE POSITIVE

YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW