Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

Where does this leave Barnet now?

If both Whitbread and Alaya are out for a while I still cant see Lambert playing Barnet although of course I could be wrong, however I think he''s more likely to bring Ward in and switch Martin back to CB.  With Bennet coming in and Whitbread only subbed possibly just as a precaution the chances of him getting a game seem to be remote. He might feel if he cant get a game with 3 reconised CB out then with them all fit he''s probably 6th choice behind even R Martin and I wouldnt be surprised he''ll want a move, funny how things change so quickly as I remember not to long ago alot of opion had him as our best CB if not one of them.

You may be right. It could be three long weeks before Ryan Bennett takes over, and in the meantime we have a problem.

The problem could be much less if Zak is not badly injured, because his departure had a large element of precaution, it seems. If he can play next Saturday, or the following one, then either Ward or Martin will come in. I think that the stop-gap until the Bennett arrival could well be Martin with Zak.

If the both CB`s are out and Barnet still doesnt get a game he might as well go home. I still wonder why he wasn`involved in the deal for Bennet, perhaps that could still happen to get Bennet across here sooner!

If i''d have written that LDC, there would have been about 27 posts by now telling me i''m not funny and not letting anyone have an opinion.... :P

I''d be surprised if he doesn''t start against Swansea now.. if he puts in a good performance its going to give Lambert a problem selection wise.Barney isn''t a bad defender and i think its between him and Ward for the exit door.. this is Barnetts chance to step up now and show why he should be part of the squad.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If i''d have written that LDC, there would have been about 27 posts by now telling me i''m not funny and not letting anyone have an opinion.... :P[/quote]

Listen GP, you obviously don''t get my sense of humour - but I only made the remark to show the op he has got the spelling wrong.   Chill out.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Give it a rest GP & show some maturity. Its the constant digs at other posters & the self-pity that winds people up rather than having a joke.[/quote]

Lol... Who am I having a dig at? And self-pity... Yeah right, if you say so.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If i''d have written that LDC, there would have been about 27 posts by now telling me i''m not funny and not letting anyone have an opinion.... :P[/quote]

Listen GP, you obviously don''t get my sense of humour - but I only made the remark to show the op he has got the spelling wrong.   Chill out.

[/quote]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Ayala will be out for a while because of what looked like a hamstring strain and with Whitbread previous record with injuries I''d not be surprised if hes out for a while so Barnet will be needed![/quote]

But thats one of my points, I''m not convinced that he will play him even then, we shall have to wait and see I guess.  Another good point that was made is maybe we could use Barnet to get Bennet in sooner if Whitbread is indeed out for a while.

And LDC, i''m presuming your comment was sarcasm right?

This isn''t intended to be self pity, because I really don''t care that much, but if people are going to have a go at me if something i put on an internet forum isn''t 100% serious, God forbid, then everyone gets the same treatment? But i''m not allowed to post anything slightly non-serious without someone getting on my back....

[quote user="lake district canary"]

About five miles north of The North Circular road near London..............................

[/quote]

Well it made me chuckle anyway[Y]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lake district canary"]

About five miles north of The North Circular road near London..............................

[/quote]

[/quote]Me also. [:)]Another day, another thread turned into a GP whine-fest........ [N]

I would hope that this leaves Barnett in the first team squad ready to play when called upon. Otherwise we are wasting a large wage. Unless I''ve missed something. What has Barnett done to be excluded? He was first choice from those available when Whitbread and Ayala were injured before.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me also. [:)]

Another day, another thread turned into a GP whine-fest........ [N]
[/quote]

Wine-fest??

Beaus.....

Is that you[:^)]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Me also. [:)]Another day, another thread turned into a GP whine-fest........ [N][/quote]

By the other poster.....

I wasn''t whining at all, I thought LDC post was funny, it was then trent who came in and started moaning at me, because i''m not allowed to post without getting moaned at, so not sure why i''m even posting this, as it''ll just get moaned at some more...

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Me also. [:)]Another day, another thread turned into a GP whine-fest........ [N][/quote]

By the other poster.....

I wasn''t whining at all, I thought LDC post was funny, it was then trent who came in and started moaning at me, because i''m not allowed to post without getting moaned at, so not sure why i''m even posting this, as it''ll just get moaned at some more...[/quote][IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/dmacca666/IronyMeter1.gif[/IMG]

Honestly i''m not whinging, if you think I am thats your problem. If you don''t like my posts, just ignore them and don''t respond to them, i''m giving my opinion, I really don''t care if you think i''m whinging or think I am displaying extraordinary levels of irony. I''m responding to you, because you responded to me.

I know my intentions and my feelings, you don''t..... Simple as that, you might interpret my posts differently to how I intend them, but seriously if you don''t like it, just ignore it, rather than start all this, which then makes me look even worse....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I would hope that this leaves Barnett in the first team squad ready to play when called upon. Otherwise we are wasting a large wage. Unless I''ve missed something. What has Barnett done to be excluded? He was first choice from those available when Whitbread and Ayala were injured before.

[/quote]

Well Lambert has played Martin ahead of Barnet who hasnt even had a run out for the reserves, make of it what you will.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Honestly i''m not whinging, if you think I am thats your problem. If you don''t like my posts, just ignore them and don''t respond to them, i''m giving my opinion, I really don''t care if you think i''m whinging or think I am displaying extraordinary levels of irony. I''m responding to you, because you responded to me.

I know my intentions and my feelings, you don''t..... Simple as that, you might interpret my posts differently to how I intend them, but seriously if you don''t like it, just ignore it, rather than start all this, which then makes me look even worse....[/quote]OH DEAR GOD SHUTUP.I really couldn''t make it any more simplistic if i tried.

We''ll see I guess Ernie.

As for me, I can only "say what I see" and that is a very committed player who is excellent in the air and dangerous to the opposition from set pieces. Unfortunately he makes costly mistakes, some through poor decision making, and these have been punished by Premier League forwards.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We''ll see I guess Ernie.

As for me, I can only "say what I see" and that is a very committed player who is excellent in the air and dangerous to the opposition from set pieces. Unfortunately he makes costly mistakes, some through poor decision making, and these have been punished by Premier League forwards.

[/quote]

Agreed, in fact all of our back four have been guilty of making silly mistakes that have cost us goals, which is why I wonder if he might have fallen out of favour, it would seem, so much with Lambert, or am I making 2 + 2 = 5?

Gingerpele, the reason posters get annoyed with you is because you are not able to have a reasonable debate without resorting to ''well thats my opinion, how dare you question it'' instead of giving reasoned responses like a mature adult would.

Your immaturity has been shown up here unfortunately for you:

1) You start pointing the finger - like a kid would do at primary school ''look at him miss''

2) You rudely tell someone not to respond to you on here, then get upset when someone tells you to ''shut up'' now tell me what the difference is between those two?

3) You basically admit that you are going to start becoming a troll, like you haven''t got your own way so you''re going to throw your toys out of the pram.

Personally I think you take this board too seriously GP and you should take a step back and do the complete opposite of the above. If you do that, you may become pleasantly surprised about how people respond to you, if you carry on in the same vein don''t be too shocked if you get hounded off this message board, we''ve got too many trolls on this website GP don''t become another one.

Oh and good joke by the way LDC, looks like I was about a day too late to make the same one :) Barnett or Ward with R Martin in the next game for me

Thanks for that response GPaC (seriously).

But I don''t resort to ''well thats my opinion'' i''m perfectly happy to have a debate, thats why I post on here.

I don''t take this message board far too seriously, I don''t quite understand how you can have that view point, posts like my ones in this thread are surely quite obviously not serious? I wasn''t sitting at my desk crying. I wasn''t trying to be rude by saying don''t respond to me, I thought it was common sense, if you don''t like my silly posts (which is what that was, and for some reason i''m not allowed them without a backlash, other posters are....) then don''t respond, because then it just turns into this kind of thing.

I''m not trying to get my own way, i''m not taking this too seriously, i''m not pointing the finger, i''m not resorting to ''thats my opinion'' blah blah bah. When I actually do post properly (like I did this morning in every thread I posted in other than this one) I do occasionally get responses, but they get ignored and everyone just comes back to these silly posts, which for some reason makes everyone think they know me.

Computers are incredible things.

With them you can access info at the click of a button. You can download the back catalogue of any Rock Band in seconds. I can listen to Radio Norfolk sitting here in France.  I can send pictures to Australia in milliseconds.

But..... there are still inexplicable gaps . For example why, in 2012 is it still impossible to follow The Pink Un forum without the facility to edit out the tiresome childish squabbles between Ginger Pele and Lake District Canary ?

I wasn''t having a squabble with LDC? And I never have done before....

Seriously, when have we ever ''squabbled'' before? We have had debates/arguments over the whole predicting a loss thing. And in this thread I have absolutely no problem with LDC what so ever, seriously?