Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Daily Mail-quality journalism

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2096417/Norwich-2-Bolton-0.html

Under the photos of our efforts on goals ''Bolton Keeper Ruddy''

even when clearly in one it says Bogdan. I realise The Mail is a rag, but still- why is that NO media in this country cares about Norwich City and still aren''t taking us seriously? I just cannot understand it. We''re top half and peforming way above pre season relegation favourites tag. So why doesn''t anyone give us the respect we deserve.

I missed MOTD- but watching Sunderland it seemed as though all the panel had decided we were going to lose before the game had even K.O (fair enough we lost) but why don''t they actually give us some credit were due...? Don''t know about you guys but it''s really winding me up.

Talking of inept journalism, the Express website reckons we have just ended our worst home run for 8 years.3 home league games without a win (two of them drawn), and a home FA Cup win in the middle? I don''t see how they think that''s the worst in 8 years![:^)]

Perhaps we haven''t gone 3 home games without a win in the last 8 years? Not saying thats true, I have no idea, but they could be right....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Perhaps we haven''t gone 3 home games without a win in the last 8 years? Not saying thats true, I have no idea, but they could be right....[/quote]No, I have double checked on statto - 2004-5  First 6 home games without a win2005-6  First 4 home games without a win2007-8  5 home games without a win, about the time Roeder took over2008-9  Two separate sequences of 4 home games without a win during the relegation season.Plus loads of other sequences of 3 home games with no wins.Sorry for being a statistics geek. I''ll just get my anorak......[:)]

Well fair enough, another example of poor journalism. If they are going to write something that is fact based, you would have thought they would check it first...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well fair enough, another example of poor journalism. If they are going to write something that is fact based, you would have thought they would check it first...[/quote]

Well.....you couldn''t make it up.

Ooops...They just did.

Still, what do you expect from Tory rags like the Wail and  the Depress ?

My only quibble with this thread is that  it contains the wors "Daily Mail" and "Quality " in the same sentence.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well fair enough, another example of poor journalism. If they are going to write something that is fact based, you would have thought they would check it first...[/quote]

Well.....you couldn''t make it up.

Ooops...They just did.

Still, what do you expect from Tory rags like the Wail and  the Depress ?

My only quibble with this thread is that  it contains the wors "Daily Mail" and "Quality " in the same sentence.

[/quote]

Eric, there was a classic mistake in a Daily Mail headline the other day:

CONSERVATIVES ARE LESS INTELLIGENT THAN LEFT-WINGERS, SAYS CONTROVERSIAL STUDY

Of course what it meant to say was:

CONSERVATIVES ARE LESS INTELLIGENT THAN LEFT-WINGERS, SAYS ENTIRELY UNCONTROVERSIAL STUDY

Sunday Telegraph online report has "Bolton goalkeeper John Ruddy" as well-I think they just take in the reports from freelancers who phone them in post-match and compile them as the game progresses, your more likely to see their staff writing about the game on the Sunday/Monday.

They all like to be first with the online report of the match so get careless.

[quote user="Charlesberg"]in the same article: "Knees up: Anthony Pilkington (right) goes in hard on Zak Whitbread" this bloke is a berk[/quote]

Easy mistake to make.They look similar[:D]

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]its littered with errors bogdan is twice called ruddy plus "Anthony Pilkington (right) goes in hard on Zak Whitbread"
[/quote]As noted elsewhere, there''s a separate thread for homosexuality in football.

Right! That''s it! From now on I''m going to read Labour leftie papers from now on. I will also only watch BBC News.

After all between them they have made the country what it is

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]It also says Alaya twice rather than Ayala.
[/quote]

An easy mistake to make for the Mail hacks.

That''s what happens when you let these Johnny Foreigner types in the country to play association football.

another fab quote There was also a second clean sheet in three league games for Lambert to savour, after his team had set a Premier League record of 23 matches from the start of the season without a shut-out` have Blackburn kept a clean sheet this season yet ? or have i missed something and they have played 24 games now I might be wrong but .......

Couldn''t you save us all a lot of time and make a list of the ACCURATE stats in this flippin'' report, as opposed to a list of the INACCURATE stuff.?

It''s bound to shorter.