Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Snow Watch

Preston, Lancashire - frosty, not snowing, bitterly cold and we''ve run out of fuel oil .......

PS - what is "raping it down"?????

wanted to use a different thrase to ''pissing it down''

So thought I would go with raping it down instead...

after all the snow is unrelenting and doesn''t stop when you ask it too.....

About 3 to 4 inches in Welwyn GC.Cars been abandoned on the other side of town.Couldn''t get off the drive.Council out in force gritting and clearing the roads*.

*Complete lie.Council woefully unprepared again.

About four inches in King''s Lynn. No gritting apparent either in the town or on the major routes in last night made driving unbelievably dangerous. Word amongst the taxi drivers was that the council had baulked at paying double time for gritters on a Saturday night. If so someone''s head needs to roll.

About 4 inches here in North Norfolk overnight but nothing today, looks very pretty but wouldn''t want to be driving in it.

The home town looks the same,

as I step down from the train

and there to meet me

is my mama and my papa

down the lane I look

and there walks mary

eyes popping out and all so scary

its good to touch the green green grass of 

................................the lake district

No snow here!

Wish I was there though.

The reason we oop North have no snow, LDC, is that it''s too cold here to snow! Just wait till it warms up a degree or two .....

Any snow in ipswich[:^)]

Perhaps they''re all snowed in. That''d explain why they can''t get on here to gloat. Afer all, they did win yesterday[*-)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]About four inches in King''s Lynn. No gritting apparent either in the town or on the major routes in last night made driving unbelievably dangerous. Word amongst the taxi drivers was that the council had baulked at paying double time for gritters on a Saturday night. If so someone''s head needs to roll.[/quote]How right you are Beauseant and if it''s true what the taxi drivers said then it wasn''t just Norfolk County Council who were keeping their hands in their pockets.Left Norwich at 8.30pm for the drive back to Cambridgeshire. Nothing until just past East Dereham then the blizzard began !! The A47 was definitely NOT gritted beforehand......cars sliding from side to side.....impossible to see any white lines.....lethal. The 80 mile journey took three hours as we were all crawling along at 20/25 mph. Luckily everyone was sensible including the usual boy racers who must have been s*itting themselves as much as everyone else !! Scariest car journey I''ve ever made. Thankfully I didn''t see any accidents which was just as well as the few ambulances I saw on call  raced past me at around 35mph......On the entire journey I saw two snowploughs and two gritting lorries heading east. Nothing westbound.There really is no excuse as this was forecast nearly all week. There''s been no real cold snap until now so the local authorities must have a mountain of grit and salt stored somewhere. Why not spread it on the roads instead ?Just a thought....

Government have slashed the funding to councils this year which means they can''t afford to grit the roads. Typical Tory government, their voters all have 4x4s with tyre chains so they''re alright while the rest of us risk death leaving the house.

[quote user="Canarino"]The reason we oop North have no snow, LDC, is that it''s too cold here to snow! Just wait till it warms up a degree or two .....[/quote]

To cold to snow, its Minus 35 in the poles and they have tonns of the stuff have a look at serbia as well