Sign in to follow this  
Horse Manure

Whitbread/Ayala injuries

Just from a semi informed opinion it seemed like Ayala''s injury will be a full 6 weeker and Whitbread may have been a precaution and could (fingers crossed) be ok next week. With Ayala already out Whitbread may have been taken off to avoid any further damage which would have ruled him out for a long spell. He certainly didn''t look in too much distress.

from the commentators on my stream, they seem to think that lambert wanted Whitbred to carry on, Whitbred didn''t look to happy with this and jsut walked down the tunnel. I am sure Lambert would not have forced him to keep playing though, he''s too injury prone. Real shame this partnership has been broken up, we have looked much more solid as a defensive unit recently and those two were at the heart of that. Great game by Naughten today, superb!

It looked like Lambert wanted Whitbread to stay on if he could and Zak decided himself he wasn''t going to stay on so went down the tunnel.

Superb play by Naughton and Bennett. however I think other teams may not be so toothless as Bolton were today. Unfortunately we won''t get Ryan Bennett until after Man Utd.Not too reassured by Barnett, though were he to partner Ryan Bennett with Elliot Bennett on the right of defence then it would make for an interesting game for the commentators.Ward is, at the moment, an unknown.

Surprised know one has posted any ''Whitbread obviously wants out'' posts yet...

Hopefully Whitbread won''t be anything much, wouldn''t be surprised to see him playing next week. But Ayala definatly looked more serious, think he, and the physio knew there and then it wasn''t good. Whitbread himself, probably didn''t want to risk it, he obviously well aware of his injury history, even if Lambert wanted him to go try finish the half, Whitbread obviously felt it wasn''t worth the risk. Lambert probably more visibly upset/agitated because no more defenders on the bench...

Drury again a solid performance could do worse than give him another year as cover as LB.

The reason clubs employ physios is to provide the manager with informed information about injuries, so the likelihood of Lambert forcing an injured player back onto the pitch against the wishes of the physio is unlikely. I seem to recall that Zak kicked something as he walked into the tunnel which doesn''t strike me as the reaction of a player who''s just refused to return to action against his manager''s instructions.

"Confident hamstring injury yday isn''t anything serious find out full extent 2mrw.. Thanks for msgs and great result!"    Zac seems pretty confident that the injury isnt too bad.