Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Lets talk about Blackpool...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think you should be that complacent yet: we won''t be safe until we''re knocked out of the FA Cup.  The longer we stay in the FA Cup, the bigger the distraction and the more league points we''ll drop.  I have complete faith in Paul Lambert and the playing and coaching staff (except Morison and Pilkington who only care about themselves, and the loon player), but it''s those in the darkened committee rooms and board meetings - the Frys and the Smiths and the Wynn-Jones''s - who are targeting a cup run as the means to wreck this club and take us back to the dark ages of 2008/9.  If we win the cup and go down then mark my words, it will be because we got all giddy about winning the cup and forgot to turn up for the league matches.  And then Stephen Fry will steal the cup and sell it on eBay, after all he''s got form for that sort of thing as when he was 18 he broke the law and although he''s served his time and hasn''t reoffended, I can''t forgive a man who appears to be homosexual as it offends me despite it being none of my business.  But then, my grandparents are german and I miss Robert Chase, now that was proper football right until I had to stare down that police horse using a trick I learned from Crocodile Dundee.  Look, it''s not my fault, you started it.  You''ll never drive me out, not even when this country''s under Sharia Law by 2021 and they cut my hands off for posting the truth.  Ask BW if you need more info, cheers. [Y][/quote]

Mr Chops, I have to take issue with you re the above . It''s grossly unfair and inaccurate.

This thread is entitled "Lets talk about Blackpool".

I''ve reread your admittedly interesting and optimistic piece several times, but, not once do you mention anything to do with the North Western holiday town.

Please explain yourself.

[/quote]I''m just calling it as I see it and I have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.  I''ve dealt with zeroes, no marks, knuckleheads, dunderheads, bullies and sycophants like you before.  The mob couldn''t drive me off this message board, and neither will you... got it? [:@]

[/quote]

Ah, but have you dealt with buddies before?

We have a recent invasion, I fear.

OTBC

[/quote]There are a few posters who, like me, call it as they see it and don''t feel compelled to bow to pressure or trot out the so-called "Party line" which will gratify the inner circle who post here but won''t add anything new to the debate.  Whether they post here or not is neither here nor there - in more ways than one - but it''s time the silent majority took advantage of internet anonymity to speak out, wherever they may be.  Or, alternatively, to start several threads a day recycling links from other websites.  That''s democracy in action, and I will not be silenced by the likes of you! [8o|][8o|][8o|]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think you should be that complacent yet: we won''t be safe until we''re knocked out of the FA Cup.  The longer we stay in the FA Cup, the bigger the distraction and the more league points we''ll drop.  I have complete faith in Paul Lambert and the playing and coaching staff (except Morison and Pilkington who only care about themselves, and the loon player), but it''s those in the darkened committee rooms and board meetings - the Frys and the Smiths and the Wynn-Jones''s - who are targeting a cup run as the means to wreck this club and take us back to the dark ages of 2008/9.  If we win the cup and go down then mark my words, it will be because we got all giddy about winning the cup and forgot to turn up for the league matches.  And then Stephen Fry will steal the cup and sell it on eBay, after all he''s got form for that sort of thing as when he was 18 he broke the law and although he''s served his time and hasn''t reoffended, I can''t forgive a man who appears to be homosexual as it offends me despite it being none of my business.  But then, my grandparents are german and I miss Robert Chase, now that was proper football right until I had to stare down that police horse using a trick I learned from Crocodile Dundee.  Look, it''s not my fault, you started it.  You''ll never drive me out, not even when this country''s under Sharia Law by 2021 and they cut my hands off for posting the truth.  Ask BW if you need more info, cheers. [Y]
[/quote]

Mr Chops, I have to take issue with you re the above . It''s grossly unfair and inaccurate.

I''ve reread your admittedly interesting and optimistic piece several times, but, not once do you mention anything to do with the North Western holiday town.

Please explain yourself.

[/quote]

I''m just calling it as I see it and I have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.  I''ve dealt with zeroes, no marks, knuckleheads, dunderheads, bullies and sycophants like you before.  The mob couldn''t drive me off this message board, and neither will you... got it? [:@]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

There are a few posters who, like me, call it as they see it and don''t feel compelled to bow to pressure or trot out the so-called "Party line" which will gratify the inner circle who post here but won''t add anything new to the debate.  Whether they post here or not is neither here nor there - in more ways than one - but it''s time the silent majority took advantage of internet anonymity to speak out, wherever they may be.  Or, alternatively, to start several threads a day recycling links from other websites.  That''s democracy in action, and I will not be silenced by the likes of you! [8o|][8o|][8o|]
[/quote]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think you should be that complacent yet: we won''t be safe until we''re knocked out of the FA Cup.  The longer we stay in the FA Cup, the bigger the distraction and the more league points we''ll drop.  I have complete faith in Paul Lambert and the playing and coaching staff (except Morison and Pilkington who only care about themselves, and the loon player), but it''s those in the darkened committee rooms and board meetings - the Frys and the Smiths and the Wynn-Jones''s - who are targeting a cup run as the means to wreck this club and take us back to the dark ages of 2008/9.  If we win the cup and go down then mark my words, it will be because we got all giddy about winning the cup and forgot to turn up for the league matches.  And then Stephen Fry will steal the cup and sell it on eBay, after all he''s got form for that sort of thing as when he was 18 he broke the law and although he''s served his time and hasn''t reoffended, I can''t forgive a man who appears to be homosexual as it offends me despite it being none of my business.  But then, my grandparents are german and I miss Robert Chase, now that was proper football right until I had to stare down that police horse using a trick I learned from Crocodile Dundee.  Look, it''s not my fault, you started it.  You''ll never drive me out, not even when this country''s under Sharia Law by 2021 and they cut my hands off for posting the truth.  Ask BW if you need more info, cheers. [Y]
[/quote]

Please explain yourself.

[/quote]

I''m just calling it as I see it and I have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.  I''ve dealt with zeroes, no marks, knuckleheads, dunderheads, bullies and sycophants like you before.  The mob couldn''t drive me off this message board, and neither will you... got it? [:@]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

There are a few posters who, like me, call it as they see it and don''t feel compelled to bow to pressure or trot out the so-called "Party line" which will gratify the inner circle who post here but won''t add anything new to the debate.  Whether they post here or not is neither here nor there - in more ways than one - but it''s time the silent majority took advantage of internet anonymity to speak out, wherever they may be.  Or, alternatively, to start several threads a day recycling links from other websites.  That''s democracy in action, and I will not be silenced by the likes of you! [8o|][8o|][8o|]
[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNZosqiJISs

"call it as they see it"Blimey, we even get Tarzan impersonations as well

The comparison with Blackpool were relevant - similar points and goals tally during first half of the season attracting media plaudits.

The difference is we have kicked on in second half of the season, through having a more tactically astute manager, who guarded against complacency amd who gives the team real options to last the season and a better depth of squad able to cover drop in form or absence.

As a result we have obtained 4 points since the new year which took blackpool many more weeks to obtain.

Once we have secured the 6 points we need to be here next season (and relegation is all but avoided bar mathematical nightmares) we can start to pick who season two scenarios we want to avoid! Tahn or hull ;-)

There''s a ''small'' matter of a £10m prize to chase and an FA Cup final to fight for, firsttrust me, NO ONE at the club is warbling on about 40 points, safety, six points or any other such lunacythe club is geared towards success, not being grateful for avoiding failure 

After 24 games, Blackpool were on 28 points, 13th position and ONLY 4 points above the drop zone.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]The comparison with Blackpool were relevant - similar points and goals tally during first half of the season attracting media plaudits.

The difference is we have kicked on in second half of the season, through having a more tactically astute manager, who guarded against complacency amd who gives the team real options to last the season and a better depth of squad able to cover drop in form or absence.

As a result we have obtained 4 points since the new year which took blackpool many more weeks to obtain.

Once we have secured the 6 points we need to be here next season (and relegation is all but avoided bar mathematical nightmares) we can start to pick who season two scenarios we want to avoid! Tahn or hull ;-)[/quote]We''ve racked up ten points in 2012 already and with 42 points still to play for we''d need to drop 38 over the remainder of the season to maintain the parallel with Blackpool.Did I mention that 40 miles from Blackpool is a town that time forgot, a town filled with dossers and ''asbeen asbo ''ard cases drinking super out of milk cartons. So nothing like Norwich at all.