Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Lets talk about Blackpool...

... Plents of guest houses, the pleasure beach is fun, it''s got a tower and is popular for stag weekends. However, it''s a bit cold this time of year.

Anything else[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

... Plents of guest houses, the pleasure beach is fun, it''s got a tower and is popular for stag weekends. However, it''s a bit cold this time of year.

[/quote]

Cockles.........................................

I don''t think you should be that complacent yet: we won''t be safe until we''re knocked out of the FA Cup.  The longer we stay in the FA Cup, the bigger the distraction and the more league points we''ll drop.  I have complete faith in Paul Lambert and the playing and coaching staff (except Morison and Pilkington who only care about themselves, and the loon player), but it''s those in the darkened committee rooms and board meetings - the Frys and the Smiths and the Wynn-Jones''s - who are targeting a cup run as the means to wreck this club and take us back to the dark ages of 2008/9.  If we win the cup and go down then mark my words, it will be because we got all giddy about winning the cup and forgot to turn up for the league matches.  And then Stephen Fry will steal the cup and sell it on eBay, after all he''s got form for that sort of thing as when he was 18 he broke the law and although he''s served his time and hasn''t reoffended, I can''t forgive a man who appears to be homosexual as it offends me despite it being none of my business.  But then, my grandparents are german and I miss Robert Chase, now that was proper football right until I had to stare down that police horse using a trick I learned from Crocodile Dundee.  Look, it''s not my fault, you started it.  You''ll never drive me out, not even when this country''s under Sharia Law by 2021 and they cut my hands off for posting the truth.  Ask BW if you need more info, cheers. [Y]

Is that post of the new week in which case don''t you think it''s a bit early to say or is it post of the last week ending this Saturday just gone in which case I already had post of the week?

I don''t think this is a clear.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Is that post of the new week in which case don''t you think it''s a bit early to say or is it post of the last week ending this Saturday just gone in which case I already had post of the week? I don''t think this is a clear.[/quote]

Both weeks Ruddy buddy...

Mister has taken the perch from under you...

Sorry but maybe the new helpline will help you get over it[;)]

I''ve tried all those numbers but I still find them vaguely unsatisfactory. How do I know that the woman on the other end of the line is really the one pictured?

[quote user="Ruddygore"]I''ve tried all those numbers but I still find them vaguely unsatisfactory. How do I know that the woman on the other end of the line is really the one pictured?[/quote]

You won''t know that. So hold on to your picture of Delia whilst you bare your soul.

Keep the faith Ruddy buddy.

Post of the week buddy[Y]

Thank you Mister. This board is a happy place today[<:o)]

[/quote]

Far TOO happy-clappy, touchy-feely happy for my liking.[:@]If this carries on we''ll get posters coming back.[:P] Something needs to be done about that...[;)]

I''m sure I could put a few people off If you like Purple, I seem to have that effect on posters....

Also, why the change to red text? Will you follow it up with a name change?

[/quote]

But there are still striking parallels with Blackpool last seasonAfter 24 games we have 32 pointsAfter 24 games Blackpool had er, ummmm ................... 28 points

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m sure I could put a few people off If you like Purple, I seem to have that effect on posters.... Also, why the change to red text? Will you follow it up with a name change?[/quote]

I wouldn''t lose any sleep over it, GP! And, as you see, back to purple. The red was just to convey my synthetic anger. If I changed colour and name permanently some people might think I had left-wing views or something equally treasonous...

[quote user="City1st"]But there are still striking parallels with Blackpool last seasonAfter 24 games we have 32 pointsAfter 24 games Blackpool had er, ummmm ................... 28 points[/quote]And had pretty well stopped winning or even scraping draws just like us.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think you should be that complacent yet: we won''t be safe until we''re knocked out of the FA Cup.  The longer we stay in the FA Cup, the bigger the distraction and the more league points we''ll drop.  I have complete faith in Paul Lambert and the playing and coaching staff (except Morison and Pilkington who only care about themselves, and the loon player), but it''s those in the darkened committee rooms and board meetings - the Frys and the Smiths and the Wynn-Jones''s - who are targeting a cup run as the means to wreck this club and take us back to the dark ages of 2008/9.  If we win the cup and go down then mark my words, it will be because we got all giddy about winning the cup and forgot to turn up for the league matches.  And then Stephen Fry will steal the cup and sell it on eBay, after all he''s got form for that sort of thing as when he was 18 he broke the law and although he''s served his time and hasn''t reoffended, I can''t forgive a man who appears to be homosexual as it offends me despite it being none of my business.  But then, my grandparents are german and I miss Robert Chase, now that was proper football right until I had to stare down that police horse using a trick I learned from Crocodile Dundee.  Look, it''s not my fault, you started it.  You''ll never drive me out, not even when this country''s under Sharia Law by 2021 and they cut my hands off for posting the truth.  Ask BW if you need more info, cheers. [Y]
[/quote]

Mr Chops, I have to take issue with you re the above . It''s grossly unfair and inaccurate.

This thread is entitled "Lets talk about Blackpool".

I''ve reread your admittedly interesting and optimistic piece several times, but, not once do you mention anything to do with the North Western holiday town.

Please explain yourself.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think you should be that complacent yet: we won''t be safe until we''re knocked out of the FA Cup.  The longer we stay in the FA Cup, the bigger the distraction and the more league points we''ll drop.  I have complete faith in Paul Lambert and the playing and coaching staff (except Morison and Pilkington who only care about themselves, and the loon player), but it''s those in the darkened committee rooms and board meetings - the Frys and the Smiths and the Wynn-Jones''s - who are targeting a cup run as the means to wreck this club and take us back to the dark ages of 2008/9.  If we win the cup and go down then mark my words, it will be because we got all giddy about winning the cup and forgot to turn up for the league matches.  And then Stephen Fry will steal the cup and sell it on eBay, after all he''s got form for that sort of thing as when he was 18 he broke the law and although he''s served his time and hasn''t reoffended, I can''t forgive a man who appears to be homosexual as it offends me despite it being none of my business.  But then, my grandparents are german and I miss Robert Chase, now that was proper football right until I had to stare down that police horse using a trick I learned from Crocodile Dundee.  Look, it''s not my fault, you started it.  You''ll never drive me out, not even when this country''s under Sharia Law by 2021 and they cut my hands off for posting the truth.  Ask BW if you need more info, cheers. [Y][/quote]

Mr Chops, I have to take issue with you re the above . It''s grossly unfair and inaccurate.

I''ve reread your admittedly interesting and optimistic piece several times, but, not once do you mention anything to do with the North Western holiday town.

Please explain yourself.

[/quote]I''m just calling it as I see it and I have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.  I''ve dealt with zeroes, no marks, knuckleheads, dunderheads, bullies and sycophants like you before.  The mob couldn''t drive me off this message board, and neither will you... got it? [:@]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m just calling it as I see it and I have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.  I''ve dealt with zeroes, no marks, knuckleheads, dunderheads, bullies and sycophants like you before.  The mob couldn''t drive me off this message board, and neither will you... got it? [:@]

[/quote]

Absolutely Mister. Crystal clear.

Still don''t know why you are avoiding talking about the "jewel of the Fylde Coast" though......

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m just calling it as I see it and I have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.  I''ve dealt with zeroes, no marks, knuckleheads, dunderheads, bullies and sycophants like you before.  The mob couldn''t drive me off this message board, and neither will you... got it? [:@]

[/quote]

Still don''t know why you are avoiding talking about the "jewel of the Fylde Coast" though......

[/quote]Look, it''s simples.  Blackpool started last season well but then got relegated.  We''ve started this season well and could still get relegated.  In some ways we''re in a worse position because Blackpool didn''t have an FA Cup run to distract them.  In Lambert I Trust, but he might still lose the plot, send out a strong XI against Leicester and take us down.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look, it''s simples.  Blackpool started last season well but then got relegated.  We''ve started this season well and could still get relegated.  In some ways we''re in a worse position because Blackpool didn''t have an FA Cup run to distract them.  In Lambert I Trust, but he might still lose the plot, send out a strong XI against Leicester and take us down.
[/quote]

Is that ''take us down'' as in take us down to Wembley?  [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][Look, it''s simples.  Blackpool started last season well but then got relegated.  We''ve started this season well and could still get relegated.  In some ways we''re in a worse position because Blackpool didn''t have an FA Cup run to distract them.  In Lambert I Trust, but he might still lose the plot, send out a strong XI against Leicester and take us down.
[/quote]

You have to hand it to him. He''s a bundle of laughs, isn''t he ?

In addition to being influenced by Mr Cohen, did you have a hand in writing some of  The Smiths/Morrissey lyrics, Mr Chops ?

[/quote]

Can I just say ''Henry''s Bar''.

You know who you are [;)]

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Can I just say ''Henry''s Bar''.

You know who you are [;)]

[/quote]

It was all part of me embracing diversity.Had the Rainbow Flag been flying from the roof i doubt you would have spotted it as you had been drinking when you were not thirsty i seem to recall.[:P]

[quote user="Ernie"]No teeth, beer bellies, lots of tats and thats just the women.  Nice beach mind.[/quote]If you don''t mind sharing it with the effluent being spewed out by those gigantic sewage pipes.Mind you I''ve heard a couple of pre-vacation jabs can sometimes avert the last rites.....

"And had pretty well stopped winning or even scraping draws just like us."wrong(try checking first, it does help)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think you should be that complacent yet: we won''t be safe until we''re knocked out of the FA Cup.  The longer we stay in the FA Cup, the bigger the distraction and the more league points we''ll drop.  I have complete faith in Paul Lambert and the playing and coaching staff (except Morison and Pilkington who only care about themselves, and the loon player), but it''s those in the darkened committee rooms and board meetings - the Frys and the Smiths and the Wynn-Jones''s - who are targeting a cup run as the means to wreck this club and take us back to the dark ages of 2008/9.  If we win the cup and go down then mark my words, it will be because we got all giddy about winning the cup and forgot to turn up for the league matches.  And then Stephen Fry will steal the cup and sell it on eBay, after all he''s got form for that sort of thing as when he was 18 he broke the law and although he''s served his time and hasn''t reoffended, I can''t forgive a man who appears to be homosexual as it offends me despite it being none of my business.  But then, my grandparents are german and I miss Robert Chase, now that was proper football right until I had to stare down that police horse using a trick I learned from Crocodile Dundee.  Look, it''s not my fault, you started it.  You''ll never drive me out, not even when this country''s under Sharia Law by 2021 and they cut my hands off for posting the truth.  Ask BW if you need more info, cheers. [Y]
[/quote]

Please explain yourself.

[/quote]

I''m just calling it as I see it and I have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.  I''ve dealt with zeroes, no marks, knuckleheads, dunderheads, bullies and sycophants like you before.  The mob couldn''t drive me off this message board, and neither will you... got it? [:@]

[/quote]

Ah, but have you dealt with buddies before?

We have a recent invasion, I fear.

OTBC