Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Goal celebration chant yesterday

What was the chant yesterday that started before the 1st goal? It started in the snakepit with loads jumping up and down to it ( to keep warm )

I could grasp “that’s the way I like it, like it like it  ”somewhere in it !

After Surmans goal it seemed to spread around and into the Barclay, I really think it could catch on , I have seen it abroad with fans swinging scarf’s around above their heads !

Impressive if other stands catch on jumping up an down to it (until you get asked to sit down again)

I can see it being the new goal celebration song !

A new chant is definatly a good thing, been thinking for a while now that there is no originality in football chants these days, I remember my first away game at Ipswich years and years ago, a 1-1 draw. And the songs that were sung all the way through that game were great, surely some of that creativity can be found against other sides or in general?

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

What was the chant yesterday that started before the 1st goal? It started in the snakepit with loads jumping up and down to it ( to keep warm )

I could grasp “that’s the way I like it, like it like it  ”somewhere in it !

After Surmans goal it seemed to spread around and into the Barclay, I really think it could catch on , I have seen it abroad with fans swinging scarf’s around above their heads !

Impressive if other stands catch on jumping up an down to it (until you get asked to sit down again)

I can see it being the new goal celebration song !

[/quote]Was The Snake Pit who started it! Barclay Quiet as Normal!

Lets be honest - this started at St Pauli and England as a whole nicked it.

Good terrace chant though. it may be linked to a dodgy disco track but thats a good thing if it means I dont have to sign song to the tune of the heartbeat theme tune. (slaps head).

Now lets sing it so loud when we score we can drown out that awful happy house rio meets pop-trance ballswang music.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Lets be honest - this started at St Pauli and England as a whole nicked it. Good terrace chant though. it may be linked to a dodgy disco track but thats a good thing if it means I dont have to sign song to the tune of the heartbeat theme tune. (slaps head). Now lets sing it so loud when we score we can drown out that awful happy house rio meets pop-trance ballswang music.[/quote]

Good shout Spencer, oh I hate the goal music , although yesterday its seemed very delayed which was good !

With out a doubt its going to catch on ! , can you imagine both the pit and Barclay in full voice bouncing up and down swinging scarfs when we score against Man U

loved it and hope it spreads around the ground.

i was in the jarrold h block and reckon after it died down after each of the goals, we really missed a rousing stadium-wide on the ball city.

i was itching to give it some more welly, but those around me seemed very subdued most of the game.

thats sorted then! everyone who hates the carnival del ballswand goal musica can start singing the "we love"/St Pauli song and the club will soon realise and move on.

Obviously there is no music like this for our away goals and it doesnt lessen the buzz a bit, especially as you consider there are only 10/15% of the yellas at away games conpared to huum.

Personally I think the St Pauli song is the worst one we have. Can''t stand it.It really peed me off yesterday when we didn''t have our usual big round of OTBC shortly after scoring because everyone was just going oooooh oohhh ooohh ooohhh oohhh oooooohhh.

I think we should find a chant from a foreign clubs fans and copy it as our own. There are loads that such as FC Koln, Borussia Dortmund etc sing that would be really catchy and don''t seem to have any particular words yet involve a lot of jumping about. I reckon within a couple of months because of the amount of exposure we get in premier league everyone would copy us around England. And we would be the apparent innovators.

FC Koln fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsCz0PsF30A

I''m not sure you''d get the river end or Jarrold doing any of this though!

Really like this chant, we seem to have been singing the same old songs for years now and it''s nice to hear something different. Hopefully it will be sung after every goal to drown out that ghastly goal celebration music.

It''s nothing new. We tried this before but it never caught on : -

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2271397/ShowPost.aspx#2271397

I guess the televised Palace cup semi has brought it back to prominence. We have never chanted it with the intensity they do. But it doesn''t belong to them. If it belongs to anyone it''s St Pauli. So on that basis I''d be happy for it to be used. It''s origins fit our club quite nicely[:O]

i agree with barclaystand though.. we still need a rousing ''on the ball city'' at some point after scoring. it''s what we do and everyone joins in.

I actually thought the Sunderland fans had some original songs the other night that I''d never heard anywhere else.

One had a line with something like " It''ll be alright" which I thought worked quite well.

But there were others that were new to me that everyone else doesn''t sing, so it can be done.

"Follow follow follow" is pretty unique for us although I think it was started by Man U fans. Don''t hear it much anywhere else now.