Sign in to follow this  
greendoor

Final position....

With the way we going at the moment, the games ahead and the position currently in the league (9th)... where do you predict that we will finish?

I cant see us catching or overtakeing anyone above us so we wont be moving up above 9th. I also think that one of the more established prem teams, probably Everton, will come on strong and finnish above us. So I would say 10th!

Whats your prediction?

I honestly think we can finish in the top half this season. And also, I think Swansea is a huge game, they have a huge advantage in their home form, but if we go and win I can''t see us looking back....

Everton and Villa, should if no one else, finish above us. But i''m not sure if they are going to find the consistency they need to do that over the next 14 games, same for Stoke. It won''t be hard for those three, and maybe even Swansea to overtake us, but i''m not going to underestimate Lambert, we could have very easily have stayed in League One for another season, we shouldn''t have been able to get 2nd place last season (in theory), but we did, and we are currently 9th, and its not a fluke. So until something different happens, I have no reason to think we will finish any lower than our current position. But i won''t be disappointed if we do finish lower, as really Everton, Villa and Stoke as established Prem sides, should be able to overtake us, but i''m not so sure they will...

The run in we have looked tough when the fixtures were released but we all probably thought at the time that we would be hovering nearer the relegation places. With survival almost achieved and with the confidence gained so far, i believe that we can play these tough games with a ''nothing to lose'' attitude. With no pressure on us i think we can take a few more points than we would have previously thought from the run in and who knows where we can get to. I don''t think we will overtake Sunderland and can''t see us catching any of the top 7 so its still 9th for me

Haven''t we had similar conversations in the past two seasons at about the same time.  If i remember (can''t be arsed to dig out the threads) the general concensus was that we would not be able to improve on where we were placed then, with quite a few thinking we would stall.  So on that basis, I think we will still find some improvement in league position - why not 7th? 

Still let''s get to Wembley and use that as our passport to Europe!! 

ILWT!  OTBC!

It largely depends on whether my arms are aching or not.

I think we will finish 12th....... I have heard a lot of people saying it don''t matter were we finish as long as its 17th or above but every position higher is worth a lot more money which may prove crucial next season (finishing 13th or above could = a extra player or two in the summer).

I just filled out the BBC PL predictor for the rest of the season - ended up with us 13th. I tried to be quite pessimistic so I''m confident we''''ll stay up. The good thing is that if we take points off any of the top clubs we should finish higher. Interestingly based on my predictions 30 points would be enough to stay up! We''ve done it already so having a beer to celebrate!

TEAM PTS

1 Man Utd 93

2 Man City 91

3 Tottenham 86

4 Chelsea 71

5 Liverpool 67

6 Arsenal 64

7 Newcastle 60

8 Sunderland 59

9 Fulham 50

10 Swansea 47

11 Stoke 44

12 Aston Villa 42

13 Norwich 42

14 Everton 41

15 West Brom 40

16 QPR 34

17 Wolves 30

18 Bolton 29

19 Wigan 27

20 Blackburn 23

[quote user="canaryfairy"]I just filled out the BBC PL predictor for the rest of the season - ended up with us 13th. I tried to be quite pessimistic so I''m confident we''''ll stay up. The good thing is that if we take points off any of the top clubs we should finish higher. Interestingly based on my predictions 30 points would be enough to stay up! We''ve done it already so having a beer to celebrate! TEAM PTS 1 Man Utd 93 2 Man City 91 3 Tottenham 86 4 Chelsea 71 5 Liverpool 67 6 Arsenal 64 7 Newcastle 60 8 Sunderland 59 9 Fulham 50 10 Swansea 47 11 Stoke 44 12 Aston Villa 42 13 Norwich 42 14 Everton 41 15 West Brom 40 16 QPR 34 17 Wolves 30 18 Bolton 29 19 Wigan 27 20 Blackburn 23[/quote].........so your saying that in our last 14 ( that''s fourteen ) games, we will win three, draw one and lose ten, or the equivalent. don''t think so, expect to get at least four more than that.

We''ve spent so much time in 9th place that I''m gonna feel disappointed if we don''t finish there come the end of the season!! :P

[quote user="AJ"]We''ve spent so much time in 9th place that I''m gonna feel disappointed if we don''t finish there come the end of the season!! :P[/quote]

Very true! Would be great to finish that high,although i reckon we will finish 12th,the same as the 1993-94 season!

[quote user="greendoor"]

With the way we going at the moment, the games ahead and the position currently in the league (9th)... where do you predict that we will finish?

I cant see us catching or overtakeing anyone above us so we wont be moving up above 9th. I also think that one of the more established prem teams, probably Everton, will come on strong and finnish above us. So I would say 10th!

Whats your prediction?

[/quote]Hello greendoor, I think your assessment is pretty fair and I would agree with you, it`s 10th for me but I would be happy to be proved wrong and finish 9th!

13th or 14th - so far our injuries have not generally hadndicapped us, but with Ayala out for weeks, and even Whitbread, one or two more injuries and we could struggle. Throughout the autumn, and until the Bolton match, we had a good run without serious injury, but can it go on?

Even with the addition of Howson and Bennett, and possible return of Vaughan, we have some tough matches, beginning on Saturday and with Manure not far away. At the moment relegation seems an unlikely event, with PL encouraging his players to show such determination,  but I think thast we shall struggle to maintain our present 9th. I''m not ruling it out, but perhaps our natural position is slightly lower.

[quote user="Salopian"]

13th or 14th - so far our injuries have not generally hadndicapped us, but with Ayala out for weeks, and even Whitbread, one or two more injuries and we could struggle. Throughout the autumn, and until the Bolton match, we had a good run without serious injury, but can it go on?

Even with the addition of Howson and Bennett, and possible return of Vaughan, we have some tough matches, beginning on Saturday and with Manure not far away. At the moment relegation seems an unlikely event, with PL encouraging his players to show such determination,  but I think thast we shall struggle to maintain our present 9th. I''m not ruling it out, but perhaps our natural position is slightly lower.

[/quote] .........whitbread,ayala and ward were missing from centre defense and vaughan up front during this "run without serious injury".