Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Beckford off for Leicester City yesterday

Beckford straight red for foul & abusive language, believe that means he will miss the FA Cup match.  Which is a bit of a shame in some ways, as he''s crap.

Hopefully this will be a 3 gamer and he misses it. He''s one of those players who lifts his game for the FA Cup and nearly always scores.

Well, I don''t know.  I remember Ginger Pele having Beckford in his pocket all day long a couple of seasons back.  And we all know Ginger Pele was the worst Centre Back we ever had, a complete liability and worth at least 2 goals to the opposition.

Haven''t seen it mentioned anywhere... his appeal was successful and so he will be available for the FA Cup game. Not sure exactly what he was supposed to have done; have seen both foul & abusive language and violent conduct reported. How exactly you would prove (at an appeal) what a player did or didn''t say to another player during a game I''ve no idea.

[quote user="Northluck C."]How exactly you would prove (at an appeal) what a player did or didn''t say to another player during a game I''ve no idea.[/quote]They managed to prove it in Suarez''s case, and possibly will in Terry''s as well...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Northluck C."]How exactly you would prove (at an appeal) what a player did or didn''t say to another player during a game I''ve no idea.
[/quote]
They managed to prove it in Suarez''s case, and possibly will in Terry''s as well...
[/quote]

Red card recinded SSN

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Northluck C."]How exactly you would prove (at an appeal) what a player did or didn''t say to another player during a game I''ve no idea.[/quote]They managed to prove it in Suarez''s case, and possibly will in Terry''s as well...[/quote]About a second after I posted that I realised someone was going to mention those! It''s fair to say though this isn''t quite on the same scale. In a case of foul & abusive language, it must be nearly impossible to overturn a red card because there''s never going to be any clear video footage which proves the officials were wrong.Anyway, Leicester''s OS says he was dismissed for violent conduct (which goes completely against what the FLS "confirmed" on Saturday night), in which case it was an easy decision for the panel to overturn.