Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

Wilbraham, Ward, Vaughan..............

I was surprised these players and others coming back from injury or lack of games didn''t get a run out against a strong Liverpool reserves side.  Surely as has happened in the past 90 minutes actual playing in time is better than just training?  And yes I appreciate some players need to be eased back and not risk a reacurance of their injury but at the same time you cant wrap them in cotton wool can you?  Vaughan and Ward for example played 60 mins for the res 2 weeks ago and haven''t been seen since and lets not forget Barnet whose been MIA for weeks.

Maybe its a reflection on how seriously Lambert is taking the cup? And the run in to the league.

Ward is no great surprise is he? Ayala out for a month now and we dont know about whitbread or tierney so we are only left with naughton, martin, drury, barnett and Ward defensively.

I was a little surprised, but I wonder if it was partly due to the temperature - very easy to "do" hamstrings, tendons, muscles, etc, if over-reaching in the cold. In other words, it just wasn''t right to risk returning players. Why Barnett was not selected is a bigger mystery. He was not even on the bench on Saturday. Has he blotted his copybook in some way?

We not put any player from first team on away reserves games this season so not surprise at all.

This is rule for PL possible because he belive is not good for morale first team players to take long jurney with kids during the weeks.

Same time home games always use all pro who not play many games.

I''d of thought Barnett, Vaughen and Ward need the game practise but Wilbraham whether people like it or not is an essential squad being the only player capable of covering the targetman position and thus has been a regular benchwarmer so while hes played plenty of home reserve games a midweek reserve game away at Liverpool is not a priority for him!