Sign in to follow this  
courtyboy89

Who would Lambert leave us for?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Spurs will be looking for a bigger fish.

Lambert off to Villa in the summer when fan protests force out McLeish.

Or Everton when Moyes feels he''s done what he can.

[/quote]

Why would Spurs look for this ......''bigger fish''?? If that was the case why did Levy go for old man Redknapp? Redknapp came from Pompey and had never managed a ''big club''. PL will be right up at the top of their list, mark my words!  

[/quote]

I hear what you are saying but Harry was a far bigger name than Lambert when they hired him ... don''t forget he won the FA Cup with Pompey.

Spurs are trying to establish themselves as a Champions League side and will want a man with proven credentials and a large reputation to attract marquee signings.

Lambert to Villa for me.

[/quote]

Why? Levy is no fool and is not dazzled by ...''big names'' or your so called ''marquee signings''. PL has a champions league medal (as a player), something old man Redknapp was not remotely near. He has secured back to back promotions and NCFC are sitting in 9th place confounding the critics. Why wouldn''t Levy go for PL? If it was City, United or Chelsea I would''nt be concerned as they would go for the ''big name''. Tottenham are different and so is Levy. All I''m saying is if PL does land the job, don''t express surprise. It''s quite possible.     

[/quote]

Why are you t**ts talking as if Lambert is going anywhere?    Who says he has to go anywhere?  Why shouldn''t he stay at Norwich?   Aren''t we good enough?   Has he not created something here that he might want to develop further?       Can''t some fans see beyond the ends of their noses?

I ask you................

[/quote]

[img]http://www.oldcopper.org/images/monkeys/japbrass1.jpg[/img]

I have mentioned it before, there are many reasons why he may leave us but it may not all be governed by football.I wonder what his private life is like in Norfolk, many players have been ''hooked'' by the Norwich bug, my only hope is that he''s enjoying living in the area.

I posted on here about a month or two ago about Lambert being wanted by Spurs eventually, and Levy being a fan - Redknapp lives very locally to myself, and one of his golf pals from the IOPGC (Charlie) has already told me Levy has known from day one that Harry''s ambition is to manage England, and knows should that opportunity arise then he will go. Redknapp has already recommended Sir Lambert to Levy as replacement when the inevietable day arises, according to Charlie R. Forget the big name nonsense, PL has already proved he''s no one season wonder - and probably wouldn''t cost the earth which would suit someone as financially astute as Levy. Obviously i hope this doesn''t happen as i think at this rate Paul could take us back into European competition within a season or two such is our rapid rise - the worlds his oyster here i feel and it''s up to him how far he wants to take NCFC (the money will come with the growing success). An extraordinary manager and bloody proud to have him here.

["Bryangunnshairline"]Ahhhh can''t help myself but mike walker left us for everton and they were near relegation at the time

Norwich City January 1994 is a completely different situation to Norwich City 2012!

In 94 Chase was in the process of breaking up the 3rd place, UEFA cup team and saw us as a selling club.

Now we are building something big.

Aston Villa are at best going to be nothing more than a middling Premiership team and their set up is behind the scenes isn''t as good as ours!

Do Lambert have any experience of handling any high value players? I think not. So this

may cause big clubs to be a bit weary of him for now.

I would hope so at least. 

Do Swansea panic about losing Brenan Rogers?

The Totenham question is an interesting one.

Will the FA go for Harry? He still isnt a long term solution is he?

Should they do so I would expect it to be part time until the summer when he picks up the reigns full time.

I cant see spurs surrendering him easily and they will no doubt loose his staff team too.

Rather than debating who PL will leave Norwich for, when the time is right for him.How about, we celebrate, our most successful manager for the best part of 20years.We have a manager that we want to keep, many guess PL is high on many teams wanted lists. (When they need a new manager)Who was the last manager, that we feared losing? O''Neill? or Walker?We have had a long list of managers, that the only debate has been when are they going to be sacked. We just have to accept that PL will one day leave, hopefully that day is far in the distance. But I have faith that when the time comes, McNally is astute and will target a manager who will suit Norwich... It wouldn''t surprise me, if part of his 7 year plan also involves the risk of losing PL, and has been monitoring possible replacements. we have a great manager, a great ceo, and 9th in the league....

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Ahhhh can''t help myself but mike walker left us for everton and they were near relegation at the time[/quote]

True but I think PL is fully aware of how badly that turned out, and also there''s the example of Martin O''Neill at Villa.  I think outside the top 6, the problem with clubs like Everton, Villa and most mid-table Prem clubs is that the expectations are so high but they can''t back them up with financial resources. 

For the top 6, I''m sure they would be concerned that PL hasn''t yet managed the sort of superstar primadonnas in their squads.  At City there''s no one who''s an international for a big team, and the strength of what PL has achieved is based on bringing through lower league players and getting an outstanding squad mentality where no-one has a guaranteed place in the starting line-up.  I don''t think he''s got the experience yet to move to the top 6.

[quote user="It''s Character Forming"]

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Ahhhh can''t help myself but mike walker left us for everton and they were near relegation at the time[/quote]

True but I think PL is fully aware of how badly that turned out, and also there''s the example of Martin O''Neill at Villa.  I think outside the top 6, the problem with clubs like Everton, Villa and most mid-table Prem clubs is that the expectations are so high but they can''t back them up with financial resources. 

For the top 6, I''m sure they would be concerned that PL hasn''t yet managed the sort of superstar primadonnas in their squads.  At City there''s no one who''s an international for a big team, and the strength of what PL has achieved is based on bringing through lower league players and getting an outstanding squad mentality where no-one has a guaranteed place in the starting line-up.  I don''t think he''s got the experience yet to move to the top 6.

Aboslutely spot on, and exactly what I was about to post. I cant see over paid primadonnans showing Lambert the sort of respect he gets here. If Lambert went to a top 6 club he''d struggle to hold relationships with these sort of players, he simply doesn''t like players like that! Lambert is not stupid, he coudlnt go to a club like spurs and nurcher talent from the lower leagues. They only club I would worry a little bit about him going too is Everton, but having said that I genuinely believe we have potential to be a more succesful club then everton over the next few years. Providing we stay up this season and next, keep the same group of young players like Pilks, Bennet, Ayala etc and expand the stadium who know''s what could happen.

Id be dissapointed if PL left for a Everton,Villa type, as far as I am concerned they can offer no more than us.

If any of the Top6 or England/Scotland, Dortmund came calling, I''d be happy to see him go.

He seems to speak more highly of is time in Germany than Scotland, so im not so sure Celtic is a dream of his.

Spurs, well, I would believe they are interested. I dont believe the primmadonna''s wouldnt give Lambert the respect our lads do. He is a Champions League winner with a outstanding record. My hope is that the whole media circus around Swansea and Brendan Rodgers may tempt Spurs into going for him instead of our Paul.

Harry wont take over England until the end of the season by which time the managerial canditates around and available will look quite different. spurs will probably be able to choose from the likes of ''The Special One'', AVB (who will be replaced by Capello before the end of Feb) and probably a few others so I am not too concerned at the moment.

I actually see this thread as a positive one, its not often we have to worry about losing our staff rather than sacking them and is when the majority here think that only the biggest 5-6 clubs in the country could possibly tempt Lambert away it goes to show how far we have come not only in league placing but club stature. When eventually Lambert does move on we should be in a situation where we can attract replacements of the calibre of O''Neil and Rogers rather than Grant & Gunn