Sign in to follow this  
courtyboy89

Who would Lambert leave us for?

Sorry for the negative thread but just wanted people''s thoughts on which club(s) Lambert would ever contemplate leaving us for? I''m not a WUM or a binner before you ask. Having a quick look through other club''s forums it is amazing how many would like their next manager to be Sir Paul. These include Everton, Villa, West Brom and Wolves. For me Lambert would not go to any of those clubs. West Brom and Wolves would surely be sideways moves at best.I genuinely think Lambert would only leave for a top 6 club in England, Celtic or Dortmund.

I think only one job would ever tempt Lambert to leave Norwich. The Scotland national team.

Hadn''t thought of the Scottish national team. Would probably want to leave it until he''s a bit older though and achieved more in club football.

I''m not even sure if he''d be interested in the Scotland job yet cause hes still on the upward spiral like Norwich. If he stays with us another 3-4 years and we fully establish ourselves then the club will get much bigger with a bigger ground and better players while Lamberts reputation will be sky high meanign he can pick and choose where he wanted.

The Scotland job would be ideal for Lambert 10-20 years down the line after success at Norwich and possibly (hopefully not!) a bigger club!

I would like to think that once he''s got Norwich into European competition he will take over at Liverpool who, by that time will be reigning Eropean Champions league winners two years running!!

Awright! Awright, don''t shout, I''m gettin'' me coat!

Answer is simple - SPURS (in the summer) when .....''good old''Arry'' answers the call to arms.

I spoke to someone a few weeks ago who said Daniel Levy has been very impressed with what PL has done at FCR and was a real admirer. Brace yourself for a summer of upheaval. Maybe the good times (in this particular cycle of the clubs history) have only another two or three months to run?

Mind you I also heard a long time ago now that the boy McNally already knows who PL''s replacement will be.  

Do me a favour.  

PL is our manager.  I believe he is here for the long haul.   The only reason he will leave is if the fans drive him out.

If he feels the momentum has gone and he starts getting negative feedback  - he will be off.

Lambert is the epitomy of positiveness and demands it of himself and everyone at the club -  including the fans. 

If he does go, it may not be to a top club.  Who, after all, would want to manage the kind of  greedy prima donna players that are at the top clubs?  PL believes in teamwork and togetherness - something that is distinctly lacking at the very top of the game.    He will want to be at a club where he feels he can have a positive impact - and get in his type of player.  Can that happen at the top clubs given the expectations of the super rich owners? I doubt it.   Lets hope that he feels that  he can have a positive impact here at Norwich for a long time to come. 

Discussed this many times with mates. It won''t be Celtic he dismissed them a couple of years ago. He might go to Celtic later in life but not now. Scotland job really? Why has sir Alex never been bothered then? If he did go it would be for a top six side. If he does to a top six side good luck to him. But this has not happened and I just want to enjoy him here and now. The guy is a living legend. Theres only one Paul Lambert, one Paul Lambert!!!!

Tottenham...Imagine inheriting Harry''s boys, especially if they qualify for the Champions League.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Tottenham...

Imagine inheriting Harry''s boys, especially if they qualify for the Champions League.
[/quote]

I actually think Brendan Rogers might be more likely to get the Tottenham job, just because of all the hype about Barcelonaesque football. Probably one of the reasons O''Neill has never been given a chance at one of the big four, is that like our football it''s very british, which i love but isnt that fashionable.

A open offer to Lambert from Celtic to be their manager would still make me nervous and i''m sure he''d think on it.

I think he would be a perfect replacement for Sir Alex when he retires in 5 years. By that time we should have cemented our precence as newest member of the top 4!!!

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]My spurs fan mate wants morinho if harry leaves . Morinho wants to return to England aswell. Probably will happen.[/quote]Actually.......I think that''s more likely.

Spurs will be looking for a bigger fish.

Lambert off to Villa in the summer when fan protests force out McLeish.

Or Everton when Moyes feels he''s done what he can.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

Why would Spurs look for this ......''bigger fish''?? If that was the case why did Levy go for old man Redknapp? Redknapp came from Pompey and had never managed a ''big club''. PL will be right up at the top of their list, mark my words!  

Well since Capello has just resigned and ''Arry now seems odds-on for the England job, maybe we will be finding out what Spurs want very soon.I think and hope that Lambert''s lack of managing any big name players and his management style might count against him. No big time Charlies as PL keeps saying himself. Well he will find plenty of them at Spurs.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

Why would Spurs look for this ......''bigger fish''?? If that was the case why did Levy go for old man Redknapp? Redknapp came from Pompey and had never managed a ''big club''. PL will be right up at the top of their list, mark my words!  

[/quote]

I hear what you are saying but Harry was a far bigger name than Lambert when they hired him ... don''t forget he won the FA Cup with Pompey.

Spurs are trying to establish themselves as a Champions League side and will want a man with proven credentials and a large reputation to attract marquee signings.

Lambert to Villa for me.

Of course there is always the thought that just maybe Lambert is building something here that he may not be able to replicate anywhere else, as he has brought us up through the divisions adding to the squad as he has gone along. That wont be easy to do at a big club elsewhere. From what i read and hear, PL distances himself from the players and they all call him gaffer. Can you imagine Adebayor, Van der Vart, Defoe etc doing that sort of thing?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear what you are saying but Harry was a far bigger name than Lambert when they hired him ... don''t forget he won the FA Cup with Pompey.

Spurs are trying to establish themselves as a Champions League side and will want a man with proven credentials and a large reputation to attract marquee signings.

Lambert to Villa for me.

[/quote]

Why? Levy is no fool and is not dazzled by ...''big names'' or your so called ''marquee signings''. PL has a champions league medal (as a player), something old man Redknapp was not remotely near. He has secured back to back promotions and NCFC are sitting in 9th place confounding the critics. Why wouldn''t Levy go for PL? If it was City, United or Chelsea I would''nt be concerned as they would go for the ''big name''. Tottenham are different and so is Levy. All I''m saying is if PL does land the job, don''t express surprise. It''s quite possible.     

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lambert to Villa for me.

[/quote]

Why? Levy is no fool and is not dazzled by ...''big names'' or your so called ''marquee signings''. PL has a champions league medal (as a player), something old man Redknapp was not remotely near. He has secured back to back promotions and NCFC are sitting in 9th place confounding the critics. Why wouldn''t Levy go for PL? If it was City, United or Chelsea I would''nt be concerned as they would go for the ''big name''. Tottenham are different and so is Levy. All I''m saying is if PL does land the job, don''t express surprise. It''s quite possible.     

[/quote]

Why are you t**ts talking as if Lambert is going anywhere?    Who says he has to go anywhere?  Why shouldn''t he stay at Norwich?   Aren''t we good enough?   Has he not created something here that he might want to develop further?       Can''t some fans see beyond the ends of their noses?

I ask you................

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lambert to Villa for me.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why are you t**ts talking as if Lambert is going anywhere?    Who says he has to go anywhere?  Why shouldn''t he stay at Norwich?   Aren''t we good enough?   Has he not created something here that he might want to develop further?       Can''t some fans see beyond the ends of their noses?

I ask you................

[/quote]Some people are starting to suffer from delusions of grandeur! The big four wouldn''t be interested in him until he proves his worth with a larger club with more pressure. If any of Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Spurs came knocking he would be gone. I hate to point out to some people, they are massive clubs compared to us. This is the reality of football. Do you really think that we can offer Lambert everything that his ambition desires? I personally think Lambert may one day be manager of Man Utd. I really think he is that good, but he''s relatively inexperienced compared to many and will eventually have to prove himself at a club where the demand for success is an ever present. If/when he leaves i will wish him all the best and will always have pride that his success really began here. Until that time I''m just going to enjoy having him here as he''s something special!!!