Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Tutt Tutt Kyle Naughton

If that''s as bad as he gets, that suits me fine.Damn good player who was exceptional on saturday playing in 3 different positions, deserves nothing but our full support.

I took me twelve years to get my first three points. How did he get get twelve already, he''s only a kid! Tsk tsk indeed.

[quote user="Jonzey"]I took me twelve years to get my first three points. How did he get get twelve already, he''s only a kid! Tsk tsk indeed.[/quote]Tsk tsk you shouldn''t have any[:D]

It was Lansbury last year, it will be someone else next year.  Young lads with the money to buy fast cars.  I''d imagine the nicer cars get pulled over more often too...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_s_spurs_loanee_kyle_naughton_banned_for_speeding_in_norfolk_1_1203985

He''s either reached 12 points or been driving less than 2 years and lost his licence at 6 points.

[/quote]

You do not get a ban if you get six points in your first two years you just have to both the theory and practical tests again,

Unfortunately this is speaking from experience!

Easy to forgive as we''ve all done been there and done that.Driving while drunk however requires a very different punishment.

Five times? He was a danger to himself and others at that rate. Fifty three mph in a thirty zone?? Costly habit as well. He''s best off the road until his driving habits mature a bit. As somebody said, young man fast car.

Funny as he comes over as a pretty mature individual otherwise and on the pitch especially.

Not preaching, but  I keep to the limits strictly except on motorways, especially with all these cameras around. On motorways I tend to creep towards eighty as this seems to be accepted (unofficially) nowadays. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It was Lansbury last year, it will be someone else next year.  Young lads with the money to buy fast cars.  I''d imagine the nicer cars get pulled over more often too...[/quote]Probably a red car - to overcome boredom the cops play snooker when they''re on speeding duty. As they need a red before they can get a colour, red cars stand twice as much chance of being nicked than any other colour. If they see a yellow/green/brown/blue/pink/black car speeding, but they haven''t got a red, then they''ll let it go. Thought this was common knowledge 

If you see the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-16964923he has since sold the car and only uses public transport now (maybe a stunt to avoid worse punishment, but could give him the benefit of the doubt)I agree that 53 in a 30 is really anti-social, but in the end he has been banned like you or I would, so shows the system works

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="blahblahblah"]It was Lansbury last year, it will be someone else next year.  Young lads with the money to buy fast cars.  I''d imagine the nicer cars get pulled over more often too...[/quote]

Probably a red car - to overcome boredom the cops play snooker when they''re on speeding duty. As they need a red before they can get a colour, red cars stand twice as much chance of being nicked than any other colour. If they see a yellow/green/brown/blue/pink/black car speeding, but they haven''t got a red, then they''ll let it go.
Thought this was common knowledge 
[/quote]

I didn''t. Quite amusing in a way, but I would hope that it''s only for marginals as it would be pretty irresponsible of them to ignore a Kyle Naughton whizzing poast at over 100mph. 

I hope this wont affect PL''s desicions. Absolutely brilliant player who has been fantastic all season. And i cant see a better full back for the position in the squad.hes just a young lad,after all.

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]If you see the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-16964923

he has since sold the car and only uses public transport now (maybe a stunt to avoid worse punishment, but could give him the benefit of the doubt)

I agree that 53 in a 30 is really anti-social, but in the end he has been banned like you or I would, so shows the system works

[/quote]

It depends on where and when.    I got stopped doing 45 in a 30 - on a road that looked as if it was a 40 limit - I know, should have been looking at the signs - but there are so many inconsistencies - it was a wide road, practically empty of traffic.   Also how many times have you seen a camera and jammed on the brakes because you couldn''t remember if it was a 40 or 30 limit.  

On another note, I got snapped by a camera doing 36 in a 30 - it was dark, raining, busy road, heavy lorries around, unfamiliar road, trying to see signs,  driving at what I felt was a safe speed, trying to keep an eye on my speedo to make sure I didn''t go over 30 - but zap - got caught out.     You cannot always be a perfect driver.

Finally - driving at 6.00 am on Christmas morning down the M6, completely empty motorway,  one lane closed with two empty lanes.   No traffic anywhere except me.   Average speed cameras 40 mph.   Miles trying to resist the temptation to go over 40. Very difficult - quite bizarre actually. 

Don''t know why I''m sharing this, Naughton looks to have been a tad too hasty with his driving - hopefully he''ll learn.   I have, I was caught 3 times and risked my job if caught again.  Haven''t  been "snapped" (touch wood)  for four years. 

[au] [au][sn]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]If you see the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-16964923

he has since sold the car and only uses public transport now (maybe a stunt to avoid worse punishment, but could give him the benefit of the doubt)

I agree that 53 in a 30 is really anti-social, but in the end he has been banned like you or I would, so shows the system works

[/quote]

It depends on where and when.    I got stopped doing 45 in a 30 - on a road that looked as if it was a 40 limit - I know, should have been looking at the signs - but there are so many inconsistencies - it was a wide road, practically empty of traffic.   Also how many times have you seen a camera and jammed on the brakes because you couldn''t remember if it was a 40 or 30 limit.  

On another note, I got snapped by a camera doing 36 in a 30 - it was dark, raining, busy road, heavy lorries around, unfamiliar road, trying to see signs,  driving at what I felt was a safe speed, trying to keep an eye on my speedo to make sure I didn''t go over 30 - but zap - got caught out.     You cannot always be a perfect driver.

Finally - driving at 6.00 am on Christmas morning down the M6, completely empty motorway,  one lane closed with two empty lanes.   No traffic anywhere except me.   Average speed cameras 40 mph.   Miles trying to resist the temptation to go over 40. Very difficult - quite bizarre actually. 

Don''t know why I''m sharing this, Naughton looks to have been a tad too hasty with his driving - hopefully he''ll learn.   I have, I was caught 3 times and risked my job if caught again.  Haven''t  been "snapped" (touch wood)  for four years. 

[au] [au][sn]

[/quote]

If they were all just your bog standard speeding offences you can get them removed after 4 years.

Agree, I got points doing 43 or so in a 30 too under similar circumstances, wide road, early morning etc, so am not claiming to be a saint!53 is a fair bit quicker again though, enough to definitely get points in a 40.Don''t think any worse of the guy, but probably for the best that the wrist slap is enough to stop it  becoming a regular habit.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[au] [au][sn]

[/quote]

If they were all just your bog standard speeding offences you can get them removed after 4 years.

[/quote]

I know, I''m now squeaky clean - so''s my licence!

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="blahblahblah"]It was Lansbury last year, it will be someone else next year.  Young lads with the money to buy fast cars.  I''d imagine the nicer cars get pulled over more often too...[/quote]Probably a red car - to overcome boredom the cops play snooker when they''re on speeding duty. As they need a red before they can get a colour, red cars stand twice as much chance of being nicked than any other colour. If they see a yellow/green/brown/blue/pink/black car speeding, but they haven''t got a red, then they''ll let it go. Thought this was common knowledge  [/quote]I thought they did/used to do that on routine checks but not speeding cars.  Otherwise people with silver cars would never be pulled up, or they''d let dangerous speeding go past for the sake a game.

Well, he was certainly worth 3 points on Saturday.

Have the mob been appeased by a racially aggravated speeding offence with a massive punishment yet? Just asking!

Back to the point, what is more dangerous? A young man, super-fit with lightning reflexes in a new high spec car or all those old gits you come across everywhere driving at 45mph........everywhere!! Sitting in their decrepit Rover''s and Skoda''s and wondering why they are in the car and where they are going?

At least Kyle was going the right way down the A11; I don''t think a young driver has ever done otherwise; but as for the old gits....??

As a cyclist I can tell you the elderly drivers are the worst; they don''t see you so come past you with millimetres to spare. The youngsters tend to come past fast, noisily and wide.

Still, can''t condone it but home young Kyle signs on a permanent in the summer.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]If you see the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-16964923he has since sold the car and only uses public transport now (maybe a stunt to avoid worse punishment, but could give him the benefit of the doubt)I agree that 53 in a 30 is really anti-social, but in the end he has been banned like you or I would, so shows the system works

[/quote]

[au] [au][sn]

[/quote]Some police are f**kers that''s a fact. A year or two back the 300-400 yard stretch through Rollesby was cut from 40mph to 30mph for no other reason except it was done because of the school, but if you drive through there at school leaving time you can''t drive very fast because every sod is blocking the road up with their parked cars, but that''s another story. Anyway the police at times will hide in the entrance to the school and about 9.00pm in the pitch dark so you can''t see them and point their speed guns at you.  If you''re unlucky and still assume the limit is 40mph you are well and truly f**ked.  At night they also hide in the bus shelter near Martham DIY and hide up a private road on the straight stretch near the doctors'' surgery.

Agree with Rudolph on the phenomenon of the one-speed elderly driver (identified from the back by the flat cap and large ears), except I always call them the "40 mph drivers". You think you can get around them, and then you hit a 30 mph zone and they keep going at 40, so they get ahead of you again ......

Where we live, there are a number of elderly ladies who have those 1.1 litre automatic Metros (I think the model is Kensington?) - they tend to play it safe and stick to 25 mph.

When I had my home season ticket a few years ago (only away season now) whilst doing the bi-weekly London>Norwich journey to "tot up" 13 points for driving over the speed limit but managed to get off with "exceptional hardship" due to a £800 barrister and and awesome cap in hand sob story. If I would have known I would have give Kyle his number.

As I am slightly less stupid nowadays I have 0 points.

"Free the Swaffham one"! I shouted at the kangaroo court! (possibly).

[quote user="Shankslad"]It''s got to be Paul Lamberts fault - for saying they need all the points they can get!!![/quote]Well played! [Y]Of course, if Kyle Naughton had Steven Gerrard''s legal team then the court would have reset his points tally to zero and thrown in a Maserati by way of apology...