Sign in to follow this  
Wiggle

Online ticketing - Too good to be true?

Hi all,

Ive been on the phone since 8:45 trying to get tickets for the Leicester game with no luck. I thought id turn on the laptop on the off chance that the online ticketing would be available. What do you know, I got straight in, grabbed 4 tickets and straight out. There was tickets in every section of the ground and hundreds in each block.

Is this too good to be true? I thought there was massive demand for the game, but seems to me that hardly any season ticket holders have snapped up their seats.

[quote user="Wiggle"]Hi all,

Ive been on the phone since 8:45 trying to get tickets for the Leicester game with no luck. I thought id turn on the laptop on the off chance that the online ticketing would be available. What do you know, I got straight in, grabbed 4 tickets and straight out. There was tickets in every section of the ground and hundreds in each block.

Is this too good to be true? I thought there was massive demand for the game, but seems to me that hardly any season ticket holders have snapped up their seats.[/quote]Lucky. I have been on the online ticketing since 8.45 and it still says I cannot get through due to the demand. [:@]

Im on the phone and haven''t been able to get through.Ive been trying since 9.10am...hopefully i''ll get lucky and get a pair of tickets.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Wiggle"]Hi all,

Is this too good to be true? I thought there was massive demand for the game, but seems to me that hardly any season ticket holders have snapped up their seats.[/quote]Lucky. I have been on the online ticketing since 8.45 and it still says I cannot get through due to the demand. [:@][/quote]

Saying that, im still waiting for a confirmation email and its not showing up on my purchase history. But they have already earmarked the money from coming out of my account according to my online banking. Lets just hope its because they are busy and they havent processed it yet.

Damn thing keeps telling me that "NORWICH CITY V LEICESTER CITY is only available to customers who have purchased the correct pre-requisite products."

Tis rubbish!

Worked fine for me. I think the key is to get on there well before 9.00am and refresh periodically - I first loaded it up about 8.20am. At 8.59am the game appeared on there but all the seats were greyed out. At about 9.03am the seats were released and there were plenty available. Got my eight and got out. However, as soon as I''d finished and tried to load it up again, I got the "high demand" message.The confirmation email came through straight away too.I was one of those season ticket holders who didn''t reserve their seat - I usually sit in block O near the corner but gambled on being able to get better seats today (which I have).

[quote user="Northluck C."]Worked fine for me. I think the key is to get on there well before 9.00am and refresh periodically - I first loaded it up about 8.20am. At 8.59am the game appeared on there but all the seats were greyed out. At about 9.03am the seats were released and there were plenty available. Got my eight and got out. However, as soon as I''d finished and tried to load it up again, I got the "high demand" message.The confirmation email came through straight away too.I was one of those season ticket holders who didn''t reserve their seat - I usually sit in block O near the corner but gambled on being able to get better seats today (which I have).[/quote]I refreshed every 5 minutes since 8.20 but to no avail. "Please wait. There is currently a high level of demand. We will automatically connect you when a session becomes available so please do not navigate away from this page. Thank you for your patience." Getting tiresome now. I just want 3 tickets together, anywhere in the ground! [:(]

I bought four on Sat in upper Barclay (3 right at the top and one on its own a bit lower) then go online today and hundreds available ! I thought f*ck it and got four more today together so will see if i can flog the four or take the hit. Trouble is now I can see away fans getting them all over the ground cause of the the limited amount we gave them.

[quote user="Firedawg"]I bought four on Sat in upper Barclay (3 right at the top and one on its own a bit lower) then go online today and hundreds available ! I thought f*ck it and got four more today together so will see if i can flog the four or take the hit. Trouble is now I can see away fans getting them all over the ground cause of the the limited amount we gave them.[/quote]

Good point about the away fans,however,why did you buy 4 more tickets when you already had 3?

I bought four on Sat 3 top row of Barclay and one about six rows down, trouble is missus was gonna have to sit with the kids on her own - so thought f*ck it and bought four together today ! Will see if I can get rid of the first four if not tough, though I never dreamed there would be so many available today.

Will p*ss the away fans off though if we have loads left .

[quote user="Kirby_86"]

[quote user="Firedawg"]I bought four on Sat in upper Barclay (3 right at the top and one on its own a bit lower) then go online today and hundreds available ! I thought f*ck it and got four more today together so will see if i can flog the four or take the hit. Trouble is now I can see away fans getting them all over the ground cause of the the limited amount we gave them.[/quote]

Good point about the away fans,however,why did you buy 4 more tickets when you already had 3?

[/quote] 

My tickets arrived on tues morning, as I chose the auto ticket send out on the s/t form and today I had a look on line and think we could see a sell out for the match 

The thing with online ticketing is that if they let everyone on at the same time, then the demand would crash the site - which would lead to people complaining.  If the demand is controlled to say a couple of hundred sessions at a time, then you can run a service and help as many people at once as possible.I spent about half an hour on hold, starting from 9.15 a.m, as initially I couldn''t get into the telephone queue, due to demand - which is fine. I managed to get 4 tickets on the half way line of the Jarrold Stand.  Pretty happy with that, and with the service given by the young man on the telephone - very quick and professional.

TC - I started at position 90, it took about half an hour.  Plenty of others will hang up, if you stick it on speakerphone for a bit you''ll get there eventually :).

Got through about 15mins ago and bought mine - the online ticketing demand seems to have gone down a bit so anyone struggling on the phone I would suggest you go online. I couldn''t believe how many were available - very good availability in every single block! At a rough guess I would say no more than 10k have sold!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]TC - I started at position 90, it took about half an hour.  Plenty of others will hang up, if you stick it on speakerphone for a bit you''ll get there eventually :).
[/quote]

In days gone by I have sat on the phone and started in position 120, by the time I got to 2 I was cut off as the ticket que had reached it limit, so did I,  nearly 2 hours on hold, bet you can''t guess what I said at the time,  But have to say that was in the days before my S/T

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Got through about 15mins ago and bought mine - the online ticketing demand seems to have gone down a bit so anyone struggling on the phone I would suggest you go online. I couldn''t believe how many were available - very good availability in every single block! At a rough guess I would say no more than 10k have sold!
[/quote]

Makes you wonder why the phone and on line are shot this morning then

Pete !  You''ve just reminded me of the play-off final tickets queue !  The one for the match in Cardiff.  I had the bright idea of trying to get through to the ticket office on my mobile, got to position 3 or 4 in the queue, and my mobile died !Never mind, 11 hours later I had my tickets - now THAT was a queue :).

If apparently we haven''t sold that many tickets-then why are people having problems online/ringing up the club? I started trying at just past 9am...a few times i couldn''t even get in the que.Now i do get in the que and was number 90ish....got down to 70ish then hung up.Guess i''ll have to try later....

Do it online Pete, it''s a lot less hassle and you can see where the best seats available are.

Anyone kno what the club are like with refunds or

changing seats? Got mine under my ST but wish to sit with my friend now? 

Thanks

[quote user=".takecare."]Anyone kno what the club are like with refunds or changing seats? Got mine under my ST but wish to sit with my friend now?  Thanks[/quote]

I don''t think they do refunds or it''s on a re-sale basis only.

I did it online, logged in about 8:30ish, did the odd refresh and had to login again had my tickets ordered by 9:05. Ended up in the Jarrold which is a shame as I wanted to go in the Barclay End for the first time in a long time but all the seats were coming up greyed out even though the stadium plan said there were loads available. Nevermind I''m just pleased to be going :)

Davo

[quote user="Wiggle"][quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Wiggle"]Hi all, Ive been on the phone since 8:45 trying to get tickets for the Leicester game with no luck. I thought id turn on the laptop on the off chance that the online ticketing would be available. What do you know, I got straight in, grabbed 4 tickets and straight out. There was tickets in every section of the ground and hundreds in each block. Is this too good to be true? I thought there was massive demand for the game, but seems to me that hardly any season ticket holders have snapped up their seats.[/quote]

Lucky. I have been on the online ticketing since 8.45 and it still says I cannot get through due to the demand. [:@]
[/quote] Saying that, im still waiting for a confirmation email and its not showing up on my purchase history. But they have already earmarked the money from coming out of my account according to my online banking. Lets just hope its because they are busy and they havent processed it yet.[/quote]

i still havnt had a confirmation email for my ticket and ive already got the ticket in the post.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Why have so few season ticket holders bought tickets?

We''re in the 5th Round, with the potential of a Quarter Final & the price is reasonable.[/quote]

I have a season ticket and there are season ticket holders seated either side of me. My son and his girlfriend wanted tickets, so I waited until this morning to see if I could get 3 so we could sit together. Was surprised when I logged on to see how many were still available just after 9am, and have booked 3 in the same row as my ST seat. No problem with logging on, and very quick and easy. Beats hanging on the phone in a queue!

If you just want to simply buy seats (rather than move your seat or other complications) then Online is by far the easiest. I don''t understand why people would hang on the phone for 30+ mins @ 5p/min when you can do it online and even choose exactly where you want to sit (e.g next to the aisle, near the exit, etc).I logged onto the ticketing website this morning at 8.50am. Refreshed every min and the Leicester game appeared just before 9am. I selected 5 seats in the centre of the Jarrold and the confirmation email came through by 9.10am.Excellent online service.