Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Slight hamstring tear for Ayala

Well that''ll make things interesting as Ryan Bennett should be in contention when Ayala.

In my opinion, Ayala has been shakey more often than he has been solid but fotunately Whitbread has been absolutely excellent alongside him.

So I don''t really see Ayala as a great loss at the moment, though he is quality with the ball at his feet.

Zak Tweeted on Sunday:

"Confident hamstring injury Yday isn''t anything serious find out full extent 2mrw.. Thanks for msgs and great result! #NCFC"

He hasn''t Tweeted about it since so fingers crossed he''ll be fit for Saturday. Assuming he is I reckon Cafu will get the nod along side him.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Zak Tweeted on Sunday:

"Confident hamstring injury Yday isn''t anything serious find out full extent 2mrw.. Thanks for msgs and great result! #NCFC"

He hasn''t Tweeted about it since so fingers crossed he''ll be fit for Saturday. Assuming he is I reckon Cafu will get the nod along side him.

[/quote]

It''s going to depend what it is. Sometimes when you''ve had proper tear (as Zak has) you get scar tissue around the site that tightens up and pulls (I speak from personal experience!)  If that''s what it is it could well be massaged out. If it''s a new area I suspect the physio''s will want to play safe as bringing him back too soon could put him out for longer.

As an aside, if he doesn''t make it I''d be tempted to start the four who finished on Saturday. Swansea don''t bomb lots of high balls into the box and nimbleness and good reading of situations is likely to be more valuable, which is why I''dbe reluctant to start Barnett.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Zak Tweeted on Sunday:

[/quote]

It''s going to depend what it is. Sometimes when you''ve had proper tear (as Zak has) you get scar tissue around the site that tightens up and pulls (I speak from personal experience!)  If that''s what it is it could well be massaged out. If it''s a new area I suspect the physio''s will want to play safe as bringing him back too soon could put him out for longer.

As an aside, if he doesn''t make it I''d be tempted to start the four who finished on Saturday. Swansea don''t bomb lots of high balls into the box and nimbleness and good reading of situations is likely to be more valuable, which is why I''dbe reluctant to start Barnett.

[/quote]

What do you reckon about thinking of converting Elliot Bennett to a permanent right back, since it seems we may be unable to secure Naughton for next season? He seems to have the goods to me.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Zak Tweeted on Sunday:

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you reckon about thinking of converting Elliot Bennett to a permanent right back, since it seems we may be unable to secure Naughton for next season? He seems to have the goods to me.

OTBC

[/quote]

I think he looks good there. Good pace, doesn''t dive in and anticipates well. Plenty of top quality fulbacks started as wingers.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Zak Tweeted on Sunday:

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you reckon about thinking of converting Elliot Bennett to a permanent right back, since it seems we may be unable to secure Naughton for next season? He seems to have the goods to

[/quote]..........his height could be a problem with this idea though his ability was there for all to see saturday. on the wing his tracking back to help his fullback has been very impressive all season.

On saturday, when we lost our 2nd centre back, and no obvious replacement on the bench, my imediate thought was why not slot Holty alongside Martin? I''m sure he would be able to fill in, in such an emergency, and Naughton could have continued in his prefered position.

As it happened, Naughton, Bennett, Martin & Drury coped very well against what was a very poor Bolton performace, but i think i would rather have seen Holty alongside Martin.

Has Holty got it in him to follow Dion Dublin, Chris Sutton, Rob Newman, the Doc etc in performing well in centre of defence and attack? I''m sure he would have done a great job at the back on saturday.    

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]

On saturday, when we lost our 2nd centre back, and no obvious replacement on the bench, my imediate thought was why not slot Holty alongside Martin? I''m sure he would be able to fill in, in such an emergency, and Naughton could have continued in his prefered position.

As it happened, Naughton, Bennett, Martin & Drury coped very well against what was a very poor Bolton performace, but i think i would rather have seen Holty alongside Martin.

Has Holty got it in him to follow Dion Dublin, Chris Sutton, Rob Newman, the Doc etc in performing well in centre of defence and attack? I''m sure he would have done a great job at the back on saturday.    

[/quote]NO. Holty still has the centre forward tackle in his armoury, dangerous against the pace of Swansea, thats a BIG fat NO.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Canarygeorge"]

[/quote]NO. Holty still has the centre forward tackle in his armoury, dangerous against the pace of Swansea, thats a BIG fat NO.
[/quote]

Seconded...there''s no way Holt is a centre-back, or a winger for that matter ;) and who was it that suggested he could do a job centre-mid? lmao

Holt is an out-and-out centre forward.....