Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Grant Holt - Twitter v Swansea

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve always thought that twitting was for tw*ts, stupid passtime for the brain dead imo........and we''re sure it was Holt who said it are we?[/quote]...... is that why people like our very own Stephen fry and sir Alan sugar tweet ? Hardly brain dead are they? Some people would say similar for someone that has made nearly 17000 comments on a message board.......[/quote]

Imagine it Wiz only had 140 characters!  The world would be a better place. [;)]
[/quote]

Unlike on t.watter, I''d never share my breakfast details with you.

[/quote]

No.  You would simply copy someone else''s tweet about their breakfast and post it here with a "look at me" threadline along the lines of "Delia facing ruin! [H]", then when you got some justifiable stick you''d start bleating on about shooting the messenger.

[/quote]

Congraulations, you''ve even surpassed how thick and dumb I thought you were, as I said.......well done.

Now, run along there and tweet some other fool.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve always thought that twitting was for tw*ts, stupid passtime for the brain dead imo........and we''re sure it was Holt who said it are we?[/quote]...... is that why people like our very own Stephen fry and sir Alan sugar tweet ? Hardly brain dead are they? Some people would say similar for someone that has made nearly 17000 comments on a message board.......[/quote]

Imagine it Wiz only had 140 characters!  The world would be a better place. [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No.  You would simply copy someone else''s tweet about their breakfast and post it here with a "look at me" threadline along the lines of "Delia facing ruin! [H]", then when you got some justifiable stick you''d start bleating on about shooting the messenger.

[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

''''I''m following my leader''''..........why don''t you just lick his arse fella. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/you-fool-038.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="lake district canary"]

The Welsh have a chip on their shoulder about the English. Some people will make fun of the welsh without realising why.   I have met plenty of welsh people throughout my work, made friends with some of them.   But I have lost count of the times welsh people will put each other first.  In work, if a welsh person has managed to gain a position of power for long enough - lo and behold, most of his/her employees will be welsh.  

It''s not common just for welsh people to do this, you may say, and this is true, but it doesn''t happen so much with the scots who I also meet alot of where I live.   Wales is so close to the main part of England and this is the problem for them.   It is prescribed in the genes of their nationality  to get one over the English at any and every opportunity.   I''m sorry if this sounds racist or xenophobic

[/quote]]Err Yes, sorry LDC, it does!!!!OK, here''s a little bit of history for you: when the Romans invaded Britain, they basically took over London and the south and moved north. They couldn''t be arsed with extremes, and just pushed north all the way to Scotland basically scattering the locals to the extremes of our island. These locals (Celts) were pushed into remote areas such as Cornwall, Norfolk the aforementioned Scotland, and Wales. The celts lived and flourished and rebelled for a while before some regions became intergrated with the norm, and some didn''t. If you are truly a Norfolk person, (and this is not a challenge to see who is the pink un''s most Norfolk person) the Cornish, Scottish and Welsh (and people from Brittany, France) are your brethren, not people from London, the midlands, yorkshire and the south east.I live in Wales. I moved there for work about 13 years ago and my other half and my 3 boys are bilingual welsh/english. I find no offence in Holty''s remark, but I can understand those people who do. As racism is so high profile at the moment, I though his comments were a little tactless rather than racial. Given the chance and taking advice, I guess he wouldn''t make them again. Yes it is banter, but some people ain''t half touchy when it comes to nationality. But plenty of my mates have loved the remark and are getting really pumped up for the game - even though they all support Wrexham or Liverpool!!I guess there are always going to be people more sensitive than most, and people who wave the PC banner just to get someone else in trouble, which is a shame.As for those who do not think Wales is a country but England is, that just smarts of small town attitude.

[/quote]

Well, I''m not usually one to split hairs, but Wales is technically a principality. Mind you, the Welsh can always argue that their principality would be the same size as England if all its mountains & hills were flattened out and it did give us one of the funniest men that lived:[url]http://youtu.be/cc3u9bVV6s4[/url]

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]And Welsh women have faces like dinner plates.....
[/quote]

You mean like Alex Jones on The One Show ???......yeah righto Cluck well spotted[:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]And Welsh women have faces like dinner plates.....[/quote]

You mean like Alex Jones on The One Show ???......yeah righto Cluck well spotted[:''(]

[/quote]Clearly you have low standards Plod... and watch programmes aimed at old ladies.

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="splutcho"]Katherine Jenkins?[/quote]

My Mrs!!!!
[/quote]

Your Mrs is Katherine Jenkins?You lucky bugger!

Have to say there are some fine looking Welsh women out there,and i quite like their accent.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="splutcho"]Katherine Jenkins?[/quote]My Mrs!!!![/quote]

Your Mrs is Katherine Jenkins?You lucky bugger!

Have to say there are some fine looking Welsh women out there,and i quite like their accent.

[/quote]Yeah - I got that completely wrong didn''t I !!I just meant my mrs hasn''t got a face like a pudding bowl.She is miles fitter than Katherin Jenkins, btw!!!

Christs sake, i''m sure some people love getting their PC melodramatic knickers in a twist just because they can. Nice one Grant - nowt wrong with some cheeky banter, and if the Welsh take the p1ss back then so be it, us men can handle it (well most of us can;))

The second goal celebration was pushing it, and I imagine the FA will be in touch.  You can''t mime sexual intercourse with an inflatable sheep without expecting some kind of reaction from the home fans.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve always thought that twitting was for tw*ts, stupid passtime for the brain dead imo........and we''re sure it was Holt who said it are we?[/quote]...... is that why people like our very own Stephen fry and sir Alan sugar tweet ? Hardly brain dead are they? Some people would say similar for someone that has made nearly 17000 comments on a message board.......[/quote]Imagine it Wiz only had 140 characters!  The world would be a better place. [;)][/quote]

[/quote]No.  You would simply copy someone else''s tweet about their breakfast and post it here with a "look at me" threadline along the lines of "Delia facing ruin! [H]", then when you got some justifiable stick you''d start bleating on about shooting the messenger.[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

''''I''m following my leader''''..........why don''t you just lick his arse fella. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/you-fool-038.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]He''s not following me, we just both agree you''re a fucktard.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The second goal celebration was pushing it, and I imagine the FA will be in touch.  You can''t mime sexual intercourse with an inflatable sheep without expecting some kind of reaction from the home fans.[/quote]

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img][img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img][img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img][img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img][img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Brilliant Mr Chops!!! Better not be in agreeance with you too much though hey? Wiz will accuse me of licking you out!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The second goal celebration was pushing it, and I imagine the FA will be in touch.  You can''t mime sexual intercourse with an inflatable sheep without expecting some kind of reaction from the home fans.

[/quote]

I heard the sheep was called Ka-a-a-a-a-thy.[:P]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The second goal celebration was pushing it, and I imagine the FA will be in touch.  You can''t mime sexual intercourse with an inflatable sheep without expecting some kind of reaction from the home fans.

[/quote]

He did because we had come from behind.[:$]

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]Uncouth. sexist and vulgar........[/quote]To be fair, I didn''t specify what sex the sheep was.  (I don''t believe that sort of thing matters when you''ve "got your freak on".)

Marcus on planet swans "A team bankrolled by a f*cking cook and supported by an unfunny comedian.""Enough said, one day they will rot and we will stay up this season ready to take them on next season.""They are just as easy to hate as much as Crawley Town and Scumchester United."

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]Marcus on planet swans "A team bankrolled by a f*cking cook and supported by an unfunny comedian.""Enough said, one day they will rot and we will stay up this season ready to take them on next season.""They are just as easy to hate as much as Crawley Town and Scumchester United."[/quote]He''s just bitter we''ve a kwikfit fitter, Holty plays for us!