Sign in to follow this  
unique

Manchester United at Carrow Road

Doesn''t seem quite such a difficult fixture as it did at the beginning of the season, does it?

Just as well they slunk out of the Champions League this season, but a shame they got knocked out of the FA Cup. Two Europa cup ties to play compared to our one FA Cup tie, and a potentially tough game against Ajax on the Thursday before the Norwich game, will hopefully work in Norwich''s favour.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Also doesn''t have the same feeling as it did 8 years ago.[/quote]

So what happened  8 years ago in the 2003/4 season then you silly banana ?[*-)][8-)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Also doesn''t have the same feeling as it did 8 years ago.[/quote]And that''s a good thing, as one of the massive highlights of that day was three largely unexpected points when we were fighting against what looked like certain relegation.

I so want to see us put a dent in their aspirations and I''m glad Giggs is still around to be on the receiving end.

This is THE fixture bar none for me and I know our boys will match them for passion, commitment and effort; infact we could just run the legs off them.

I cannot remember if this corresponding fixture back in 90/91 or 91/92 season was when City got the result against Man Utd at Carrow Road after a late(i think it was 79th or 80th minute) goal from Dale Gordon. I was standing in the Barclay End and Flash after scoring the goal, wheeled away in celebration, performed his half cart wheel/half somersault and the pistol grip hand raised celebration right in front of the Barclay stand. It was magnificent and the first time I had seen Man Utd live. Will never forget it.

I hope we get the same result in a fortnight. If we do, I might be me doing the celebration half pike twist Smile [:)]

Lets not get too carried away. They are still a very, very good team and if the likes of Rooney, Nani and Welbeck play well they will be very hard for us to handle. As with Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc anything we get from this game is a bonus and they are massive favourites.

But the good thing is we are under absolutely no pressure at all, playing well and confidence is high. I therefore hope that we will go out and play our own game and really take the game to them. If we do that then we are capable of causing them problems. Their midfield is aging and their defence is not what it was. These are the areas we need to try and exploit. We must not sit off them and let them play or (as Chelsea found out in the last 30 minutes recently) they will beat us easily.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

I cannot remember if this corresponding fixture back in 90/91 or 91/92 season was when City got the result against Man Utd at Carrow Road after a late(i think it was 79th or 80th minute) goal from Dale Gordon. I was standing in the Barclay End and Flash after scoring the goal, wheeled away in celebration, performed his half cart wheel/half somersault and the pistol grip hand raised celebration right in front of the Barclay stand. It was magnificent and the first time I had seen Man Utd live. Will never forget it.

I hope we get the same result in a fortnight. If we do, I might be me doing the celebration half pike twist Smile [:)]

[/quote]I remember that one too! I was standing in the Barclay End and the performance was great. Ihope we can keep them at bay this time...but it''s a different game...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Bet365 have Norwich at 5/1 and 3/1 the draw, by the way.[/quote]That''s pretty generous.We were 6/1 for the home game in 2005 and on all known form the two teams were oceans apart that day. That said I think United will have a bit too much nous for us this time but the draw might be worth a few bob.

"But the good thing is we are under absolutely no pressure at all"It is because Lambert has put pressure on the players to win that that we are "playing well and confidence is high"I cannot think of no one connected with the club who will not want to win this one - least while the board who will know that a few bad results could see us slip down amongst the chasing pack. Four places dropped would mean a potential loss of £3.2m (as it stands).£3 million  (we recieved £25,000 for winning League 1)No pressure ?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Bet365 have Norwich at 5/1 and 3/1 the draw, by the way.

[/quote]

Don''t give a stuff what the bookies say,we play on a football pitch not a betting slip.

Last time I had a bet on M.U. was  Ashton to score first. 2-0  at 270-1, which seemed ridiculous odds (which is why I bet on it).    A good day!   

2-0 Holt to score first goal?  Bet that won''t be 270-1 this time!!

If we get hammered we''ll be on first on MOTD.

If we were to win it''ll be the lowest Utd have been on their schedule for years.

Unrelated i know but i thought i''d say.

Think we could do it, with Lambert anythings possible.

We will win 2-1 but Hansen will say "yes but United were without Vidic and Ferdinand". On Saturday cannot recall Hansen saying "Norwich were without three key regular defenders"

I''m holding back on predicting this one. It all depends on Merson. If he gives another one of his storming match predictions, "despite how well Norwich are playing, I can''t see Utd losing this one - 3-1 to Utd" - then I might fancy a flutter on us beating them[:D]