Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Leicester allocation

[quote user="SpaMFox"]Leicester fan here in peace, one of your guys posted on our forum earlier so i just thought i''d post our two bob on the situation. A lot of our fans are just completely baffled by this desion to be honest. We''ve current sold 2,300 of the allocation so this whole argument of us not being able to sell the full 4,000 tickets is a little off. Can understand you guys are pleased that your actually going to be able to get tickets, but the argument your club has put forward about it being a safety issue is pretty much nonsence. We hosted our local rivals Forest in the cup, and there was zero problems between our fans and theirs, infact there was more funny banter going on between the two sets of fans than i''ve heard for a long time, plus we gave them an allocation that was way over the 15% touted by the FA. We also had to move a lot of our fans who own seasons tickets to accomdate them. Our fans arnt trouble makers, bar a few i''m sure, so we cant understand how your people can justify this with that excuse. The bottom line is we are annoyed that anybody without a season ticket isnt going to be able to go, even the members are missing out on a good day out. Cup games are supposed to be a big occasion for everybody, not a chance to flex your muscles and put fans down.

Good lucjk with the rest of the season anyway, hopefully we''ll be up there too in a couple of years!
[/quote]

I wonder if the Barclay enders would be prepared to move so that your fans could have 4,000 seats?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Tim Allman"]I''ve read this on a Leicester City Forum, posted by NCFCDave whoever he (she maybe) which might go some way in explaining the decision. The real reason for the low allocation is Norfolk Police, renowned for being ridiculously heavy-handed when it comes to footy matches. Although it''s a big derby with potential for trouble, Norwich v 1p5wich games aren''t in the same league as Millwall v West Ham or Birmingham v Villa when it comes to trouble, yet they''re played on Sunday every year thanks to Norfolk police. As a couple of posters have pointed out, this goes back to the trouble Norwich fans caused when you beat us 4-0 at your place 3 years ago. We went down that year so didn''t play each other the following season, but upon our return to the Championship last year, Norfolk police requested both games involving the clubs were midweek, which would guarantee fewer travelling fans. Now we have you in the cup you should quite rightly get 15% and it''s Norfolk police who are putting pressure on the club to give you a reduced allocation. Admittedly, the club probably won''t put up much of a fight as they know we''ll sell out with home fans anyway, and as there are lots of Norwich fans unable to get tickets for Premier League matches, it gives them an opportunity to please more fans. Personally, I think it would add to the occasion if there were 4,000 Leicester fans there. Would enhance what will already be a great atmosphere. If it was the other way around, I''d be absolutely livid. But as for the posts about Norwich fans being arrogant and thinking we''re a top 4 club, come on!! Norwich has more than its fair share of stupid fans but even they don''t think that. We''re similar sized clubs and we''re just enjoying a rare period of success.[/quote]

NCFCDave is talking out of his bottom believe me Tim.

[/quote]

Where''s the evidence m''lud?

[/quote]

All you have to do is talk to the right people Tangible.Simples and as you may observe from the official press release the decision was made by the Norwich City Safety Advisory Group which is run by Norfolk County Council not Norfolk Police. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So it seems you have never turned away your own fans in order to accomadate others.

As far as I can make out your average away attendance is less than 2000. This figure is boosted greatly by large followings to Coventry, Derby and Forest whose grounds are really close by. When your away game is any further away your following is often less than 1,000.

There must be a lot of your fans want to watch us[;)]

[/quote]

Good one Nutty!

Matt Juler:

Out of intert, do those who sit in the middle blocks of the Jarrold have a caveat with the season ticket saying their seat may not be available for cup games?  I believe there use to be back in the days of the old South Stand.

Tangible:

I sit in K block and the there is no caveat.

I stand corrected as I have just seen your later post.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Sing Up The South Stand"]I''m not sure that''s the reason.  I remember when we played West Ham in 2005 in the FA Cup I had to move (I''m in block J usually) because they had the full allocation.[/quote]

Er - that West Ham match was at Upton Park mate! 

[/quote]

We played West Ham at Carrow Road in the third round in 2005-06 season

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10355~2005,00.html
[/quote]

My apologies to ''Sing up the South Stand''  - you''re absolutely right well, not ''absolutely''as it was January 2006 but near enough!

I''d completely forgotten that - believe that was when the rumours of Ashton''s sudden injury surfaced - you know when worthy said.......''I''ve got the scans to prove it''!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Tim Allman"]I''ve read this on a Leicester City Forum, posted by NCFCDave whoever he (she maybe) which might go some way in explaining the decision. The real reason for the low allocation is Norfolk Police, renowned for being ridiculously heavy-handed when it comes to footy matches. Although it''s a big derby with potential for trouble, Norwich v 1p5wich games aren''t in the same league as Millwall v West Ham or Birmingham v Villa when it comes to trouble, yet they''re played on Sunday every year thanks to Norfolk police. As a couple of posters have pointed out, this goes back to the trouble Norwich fans caused when you beat us 4-0 at your place 3 years ago. We went down that year so didn''t play each other the following season, but upon our return to the Championship last year, Norfolk police requested both games involving the clubs were midweek, which would guarantee fewer travelling fans. Now we have you in the cup you should quite rightly get 15% and it''s Norfolk police who are putting pressure on the club to give you a reduced allocation. Admittedly, the club probably won''t put up much of a fight as they know we''ll sell out with home fans anyway, and as there are lots of Norwich fans unable to get tickets for Premier League matches, it gives them an opportunity to please more fans. Personally, I think it would add to the occasion if there were 4,000 Leicester fans there. Would enhance what will already be a great atmosphere. If it was the other way around, I''d be absolutely livid. But as for the posts about Norwich fans being arrogant and thinking we''re a top 4 club, come on!! Norwich has more than its fair share of stupid fans but even they don''t think that. We''re similar sized clubs and we''re just enjoying a rare period of success.[/quote]

NCFCDave is talking out of his bottom believe me Tim.

[/quote]

Where''s the evidence m''lud?

[/quote]

...... the Norwich City Safety Advisory Group which is run by Norfolk County Council not Norfolk Police. 

[/quote]

but that doesn''t prove a vow of silence between the two organisations, does it?

What sort of Safety Advisory Group would it be if it didn''t interact with the local Police force/service?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Out of intert, do those who sit in the middle blocks of the Jarrold have a caveat with the season ticket saying their seat may not be available for cup games?  I believe there use to be back in the days of the old South Stand.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are wrong Tangible.I am sure you have your season ticket renewal package handy so turn to the inside page at the back and under terms and conditions read paragraph 2.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Out of intert, do those who sit in the middle blocks of the Jarrold have a caveat with the season ticket saying their seat may not be available for cup games?  I believe there use to be back in the days of the old South Stand.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are wrong Tangible.I am sure you have your season ticket renewal package handy so turn to the inside page at the back and under terms and conditions read paragraph 2.

[/quote]

Please see this post:

Today, 5:56 PM

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone? is not online. Last active: 08/02/2012 15:55:57 Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 6,526

Re: Leicester allocation

Reply Quote

Matt Juler:

Out of intert, do those who sit in the middle blocks of the Jarrold have a caveat with the season ticket saying their seat may not be available for cup games?  I believe there use to be back in the days of the old South Stand.

Tangible:

I stand corrected as I have just seen your later post.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Spam Fox.

Welcome. I think you will find that most of our fans are sympathetic to your plight and think its a shame that leicester cannot take their full allocation. We would certainly be annoyed if the boot was on the other foot. One thing i would say though is that many Leicester fans are being very quick to pin this decision on Norwich City Football Club but in truth none of us really know the reason behind the decision (which ultimately has been upheld by the FA so there must be some vague reason behind it). As i understand it (and I stand to be corrected if i am wrong) the Norwich City Safety Advisory Group is not some cosy in house Norwich City FC committee but a group including representatives from the club, police, local authorities and licensing authorities which every club has to have and presumably whose recommendations are hard for the club to ignore. It may well be that the club has been told by the police that they will not police a larger allocation (or that they would want a ridiculous sum of money to do so) or by the licensing authorities that there is some kind of safety issue. we all simply do not know. In that regard it would undoubtedly help the situation if the club simply came out and said what the issue is. On that topic it must also be noted that your club has also not said what the issue is which seems slightly strange given their apparent outrage.

[/quote]See [url]http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/pdf/guide2saf.pdf[/url] for details about SAG and who sits on them at 4.3 and 4.4The police will definitely have had their say if the Norfolk SAG has them in it.

I wonder who (i.e. names of people and which organisation - e.g., Police, Norfolk County Council, NCFC.) are members of this Safety Advisory Group?

[/quote]

Nobody from NCFC or Norfolk Police are members of the SAG.

Don''t shoot me if I am wrong but from previous ticketing situations I would imagine the problem is that Leicester were not prepared to commit and more importantly pay for 4000 tickets up front, as they were not confident of selling their full allocation.  Whether they sell them or not in that situation LCFC are responsible for paying for the full 4000.  The way the blocks are situated in the Jarrold Stand for segregation reasons it is not possible for Norwich to start allocating the remaining home tickets if they don''t know what the away allocation will be if LCFC wanted the option of the other 1600, therefore there is a chance of lost revenue for NCFC.  So for that reason I am pretty sure that the ball actually falls in LCFC''s court as they will have had to make the decision as to whether they wanted 4000 tickets up front, and decided they don''t but what they would like to do is sell 2400 first and then take the other 1600, but given the pressure on tickets at Carrow Road and more importantly segregation safety, it was either take the 4000 and cough up or just take the 2400.  This decision would not have been taken just because there has been a little trouble between the fans over the last few years.

More hereThe Safety Advisory Group is made up of representatives of Norfolk

County Council, who chair it, Norfolk Constabulary, Norfolk County

Council Fire and Rescue Service, the East of England Ambulance Service

and Norwich City Council building control. Norwich City FC also attend

meetings.

Another Leicester fan here. I thought all along it may have something to do with the SAG as it certainly wasn''t going to be our club not accepting 4000 tickets as Ibelieve we would have sold them easily. They are already selling quickly and probably will not even reach members sale let alone general sale.

I think the only thing this will have done is cause bad feeling between certain of our fans and probably encourage those looking for trouble who attend matches.

I hope everything goes well on the day and you play badly and we paly well and a there is a good atmosphere in the ground. I have my tickets so will be there but a lot of my friends will miss out and I''m sure you would agree that''s unfair.

My biggest issue is that once again all our fans have been stereotyped as thugs and hooligans, I thought things had changed but unfortunately they haven''t.

Look forward to seeing you all and finally what''s the best away pub near to the ground to go prematch please.

Welcome 1964 and great post[Y]

I believe the Compleat Angler opposite the train station is a designated away pub.[B]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Welcome 1964 and great post[Y]

I believe the Compleat Angler opposite the train station is a designated away pub.[B]

[/quote]

Agree with that Nutty but just to add that normally almost any pub doesn''t have a problem with well behaved away fans, even in colours. There''s some great pubs fairly close to the ground but as this game has now been designated '' edgy '' then there might be a perceived problem by some landlords. Best bet is keep the colours hidden and do a bit of fine tuning on that Bernard Matthews accent......[;)]

Thanks for the advice I will cover up my colours going into the pub then and unlash them for a good old sing song inside. That''s as long as the cops let us leave the ground once we get dropped off the coach as we''re very dangerous you know.

[quote user="1964FOX"]

Another Leicester fan here. I thought all along it may have something to do with the SAG as it certainly wasn''t going to be our club not accepting 4000 tickets as Ibelieve we would have sold them easily. They are already selling quickly and probably will not even reach members sale let alone general sale.

I think the only thing this will have done is cause bad feeling between certain of our fans and probably encourage those looking for trouble who attend matches.

I hope everything goes well on the day and you play badly and we paly well and a there is a good atmosphere in the ground. I have my tickets so will be there but a lot of my friends will miss out and I''m sure you would agree that''s unfair.

My biggest issue is that once again all our fans have been stereotyped as thugs and hooligans, I thought things had changed but unfortunately they haven''t.

Look forward to seeing you all and finally what''s the best away pub near to the ground to go prematch please.

[/quote]

You''re spot on Fox!

Unfortunately this decision has the hand of dull old Plod all over it. The so called ''safety group'' took the decision ........''after advice from police'', I''d love to know exactly what that advice was based on!!

Too many people outside football just still live in the time warp marked s...''1970''s and 1980''s and refuse to believe that going to a football match is actually now a hell of a lot safer than a night out in Norwich or Leicester. They still truly think that  a full scale riot takes place at every football league ground every Saturday!

Even Patrick Collins who writes some truly awesome articles on sport in general and football in particular in the Mail on Sunday, can''t wait to jump in on the remotest hint of any trouble at a match and portray it as like the ruins of Hamburg after the RAF had fire stormed it in the War!     

I would be amazed if you encounter any trouble at all in sleepy Norfolk on the 18th. Enjoy the day (but not too much of course!).    

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]You were saying TIL1010The Safety Advisory Group is made up of representatives of Norfolk

County Council, who chair it, Norfolk Constabulary, Norfolk County

Council Fire and Rescue Service, the East of England Ambulance Service

and Norwich City Council building control. Norwich City FC also attend

meetings.

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]I see it was the police who instigated the numbers after all.

Ah well...

Thanks for the link Pete
[/quote]

“Following representations from the football club and advice from Norfolk Constabulary, the Safety Advisory Group supported the Constabulary’s view that, on this occasion, the visiting supporters’ allocation should not be increased to 4,000.

Indeed, the Police argued for the lower number, and presumably what the police argue for they normally get, but what would be interesting to know is what the representations from the football club (which is not commenting) were. Were they in support of the police''s view or against it? The club obviously had an opinion one way or the other, because it made representations.

Wouldn''t it be better, and it''s something Archant could lead on, if all of us common supporters made the Leicester supporters particularly welcome for this game. I''m sure there will be mixing in the pubs and around the ground before and after the match and therefore plenty of opportunity to show how ridiculous the labelling of this fixture has been.

North-Norfolk is full of retired Leicester folk; those who have moved and those who come here on holiday. Even their landed gentry owns a pad near Wells-Next-The-Sea.

Last season they conceeded us 6 loverly points and even let Wilbrahamovic have a goal at their place; these are generous people who just want a nice day out however badly their team performs.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Wouldn''t it be better, and it''s something Archant could lead on, if all of us common supporters made the Leicester supporters particularly welcome for this game. I''m sure there will be mixing in the pubs and around the ground before and after the match and therefore plenty of opportunity to show how ridiculous the labelling of this fixture has been.

North-Norfolk is full of retired Leicester folk; those who have moved and those who come here on holiday. Even their landed gentry owns a pad near Wells-Next-The-Sea.

Last season they conceeded us 6 loverly points and even let Wilbrahamovic have a goal at their place; these are generous people who just want a nice day out however badly their team performs.

[/quote]

I think they''d feel a warmer welcome if a couple of their players wore a fetching pair of white tights like the last FA Cup game[:O][W][;)]

[/quote]

Drove through Wells the other day and there was a very strong police presence - now I understand why.

On a serious note - after the problems in Leicester City centre some fans of both clubs (I think?) were jailled - could it be possible that these "Fans" are now free and roaming the streets again?  and this could be a concern all be it misplaced.

Last season they conceeded us 6 loverly points and even let Wilbrahamovic have a goal at their place; these are generous people who just want a nice day out however badly their team performs.[/quote]

Good point.  Last year the game at Leicester was the best away performance I saw (I didn''t get to the game at 1p5wich) and the atmosphere in the away end (corner) was brilliant.  Walking back to the car the Leicester fans I spoke to were happy to concede we were the best team that had come to them that season.

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You were saying TIL1010

The Safety Advisory Group is made up of representatives of Norfolk County Council, who chair it, Norfolk Constabulary, Norfolk County Council Fire and Rescue Service, the East of England Ambulance Service and Norwich City Council building control. Norwich City FC also attend meetings.

[/quote]

Without revealing who i spoke to believe me there is a lot more to this decision than pointing the finger completely at the Police.Whatever way you want to spin it the ultimate decision was made by the SAG and not Norfolk Constabulary alone.

As Purple has touched upon the lack of response and stating their stance on the situation from NCFC has been alarmingly silent and if the Police were happy to have housed just in excess of 3,500 West Ham fans back in 2006 in the very same stand why the objection now to Leicester fans ?

But 2006 saw the reign of Cullen,Gough and Doomy in charge of customer relations but 2012 sees McNally and his anonymous sidekick or am i being too cynical.Personally i think not.

The customer relations with respect to the K blockers in the Jarrold stand is excellent on this issue. Why should we move?

May be those in other stands would be willing to give up their seats for the Leicester fans.

[/quote]

Am i therefore to assume from your first sentence that K blockers were consulted on the Leicester allocation or have i read it wrong? I thought those K blockers who used to receive concessions on their seats were some of the first to be subjected to the ruthlessness of Mr McNally when he took over office and remove them.Maybe Tangible you did not read in letters in the press or listen to complaints aired at the AGM over the removal of those concessions.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]You were saying TIL1010The Safety Advisory Group is made up of representatives of Norfolk County Council, who chair it, Norfolk Constabulary, Norfolk County Council Fire and Rescue Service, the East of England Ambulance Service and Norwich City Council building control. Norwich City FC also attend meetings.

[/quote]

Without revealing who i spoke to believe me there is a lot more to this decision than pointing the finger completely at the Police.Whatever way you want to spin it the ultimate decision was made by the SAG and not Norfolk Constabulary alone.

[/quote]The only one `spinning` so to speak seems to be you. You originally said no-one from the Norfolk Constabulary are members of the SAG, when quite clearly that is a lie. You managed to dust over that quite quickly and then accuse another poster of spinning?