Sign in to follow this  
Panic

Did this really happen?!

Reading today''s Media Guardian, I came across Giovanni di Stefano and had a read of his Wikipedia page. I then discovered the quite remarkable story of him attempting to buy the club.

I can''t remember anything about this (I mean, I was only ten at the time so you''re going to have to forgive me); but I haven''t heard anything about it since.

Can anyone shed some more light on this extraordinary story?

It did and he did and he made some, eventually pretty much proven visits to WOTB in order to drum up grass roots support for his quest!

Promised Bryan Robson would be appointed Manager plus other random nonsense and names. It was nothing more than bluff and bluster on his part, had no realistic chance of happening, though he did, I think, end up having some sort of say at another club-memory fails me.

[quote user="Old Shuck"] It was nothing more than bluff and bluster on his part, had no realistic chance of happening, though he did, I think, end up having some sort of say at another club-memory fails me.[/quote]

It was one of the Dundee Clubs which ended up in administration and he placed on of his sons on the board who was little more than a teenager.