Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Good luck Alec,I''m an exited canary about a possible trip to Wembley so I''ll be with Muddy and Jellytot in NappingNORWICH CITY v Leicester City - HOME WIN!LeedscanaryPs - Jellytot, re your signature - "shake shake shake your peanut!"

Just for a change, I''m going to take a little trip to Cyprus, and what I''m sure will be a banker to fill out your 6 for you EC.

Top of the table AEL Limassol FC are at home to bottom of the table Ermis Aradippou FC, who have lost all 9 of their away games this season and have only scored 9 goals in all matches.

It has to be a Home win for AEL.

Good luck Excited Canary, and all.

[quote user="Scooby"]Just for a change, I''m going to take a little trip to Cyprus, and what I''m sure will be a banker to fill out your 6 for you EC. Top of the table AEL Limassol FC are at home to bottom of the table Ermis Aradippou FC, who have lost all 9 of their away games this season and have only scored 9 goals in all matches. It has to be a Home win for AEL. Good luck Excited Canary, and all.[/quote]

I was waiting for odds for this one! AEL with a not that impressive 6-3-1 and 9/5 home record, but, as Scooby says, Ermis have a dreadful 0-0-9 and 1/18 away record.

Home win for AEL.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

Scottish First Division where leaders Ross County (6-4-0-21-7) entertain bottom club Ayr (2-2-5-8-22). There can only be one outcome to this match Surely?Ross County v Ayr........Home win.Good luck Alex. [Y]

Tough week. Only Madrid, Anderlecht and AEL look nailed on. However Anderlecht are usually poor after Europa League games, and AEL score so few at home. However will go with Anderlecht to beat Westerlo.They are top, and 10/2/0 at home. Westerlo are 2nd bottom and 1/2/9 away.On the plus side Anderlecht score a lot, already 35 goals in 12 home games.However they are 4/3/1 after Europa League games, and three of those wins were by the odd goal. So I would be careful with this one, but hopefully there home goal scoring record will see them through.Best of luck all.

Great post Trent with good insight into the effect European football can have on domestic form. I looked into this a little a couple of seasons ago and came to the conclusion that when there''s 2 games a week managers often target one of them as most important. Even 2 domestic games. If say Wigan were away to Man City midweek and at home to Wolves weekend I''m sure they''d target the Wolves game and pick a team accordingly. I''m sure the same applies in European games.

Hi guys, I am just about to post my 6 picks but can anyone tell me if there are odds on Bet 365 for AEL Limassol to beat Ermis please? I have no idea how to work that website [:$]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Hi guys, I am just about to post my 6 picks but can anyone tell me if there are odds on Bet 365 for AEL Limassol to beat Ermis please? I have no idea how to work that website [:$][/quote]There are odds, currently about 1/20 (as of lunchtime today)Go Soccer > Europe > Cyprus and you''ll see it.

Evening all. First of all, before I get started, can I thank you all very much for your picks - I wouldn''t have been able to scrape a 6 without you. Also a massive thank you to Nutty for tirelessly running this awesome thread week in week out, and for giving me another chance to try and Rays some funds for our wonderful club. After much contemplation, deduction and effort I have - with your help - come up with six final picks which I, and all of us, hope will be successful. Here we go: Real Madrid to beat Racing Santander - This was by far the most popular pick from all of you, and I have to agree with you all in saying that it is surely a home banker. Madrid look to be running away with the title and should comfortably see off 3 from bottom Santander. This is also my pick thank you Nutty.Anderlecht to beat Westerlo - Another relatively popular pick. I have acknowledged Trent''s point about Anderlecht being poor after Europa League games, however no matter what situation you cannot really look past 1st at home to 2nd bottom. Wrexham to beat Hayes and Yeading - Another high placed team at home to a low placed one. This time in Wales, where 2nd place Wrexham should have enough for 2nd bottom Hayes (lost 10 out of 15 away games). Chelsea to beat Birmingham City - I have been reluctant to pick a game from the FA Cup, but without doing so I am struggling to find 6 picks that I am relatively confident with. Certainly seems quite a tough week, even if I do say so myself! Anyway, I don''t think I have to say too much about this - a top premiership team against a top Championship team. I can see Birmingham putting up a good fight but with AVB''s job on the line, him, their fans and Abramovic will be demanding a win and I think with that they should come through.Spurs to beat Stevenage - As I have just said, I am very cautious about picking cup games and fully know all about the magic of the cup and this having the potential to be a huge giantkilling. However, Spurs have played strong teams in Round 3 and Round 4 against Cheltenham and Watford and ''Arry looks to be taking the competition pretty seriously. With this in mind, the likes of Van Der Vaart, Bale & Modric should really see Spurs past a good but limited Stevenage side.  AEL Limassol to beat Ermis FC Aradippou - Just by looking at the league table you would think this is a cert - top vs bottom. However, I was slightly dubious as AEL have only a satisfactory home record, only scoring 9 goals in their 10 home games. The fact that Ermis seem to be doing awfully in the league, and have lost every single away game this season tipped it for me. Well, there we are. A few other picks came close, one of them being Norwich. However, I am never confident in backing ourselves and have a slightly dodgy (probably nerves) feeling about tomorrow! Thanks again everyone.I would like to end this post with a special mention to our very own Ray who we all know was joined by Arthur of this forum up there just recently. We will miss them dearly - they bought much debate and entertainment to this forum and it will never be the same without them. Therefore, I really hope our 6 picks come through this weekend for them. Rest in peace boys, I am sure you are looking over us and enjoying a pint this weekend whilst our great club goes one step closer to Wembley. [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Excited Canary"]Hi guys, I am just about to post my 6 picks but can anyone tell me if there are odds on Bet 365 for AEL Limassol to beat Ermis please? I have no idea how to work that website [:$][/quote]There are odds, currently about 1/20 (as of lunchtime today)Go Soccer > Europe > Cyprus and you''ll see it.[/quote]Cheers Chops. [:)]

Good luck EC, they look like a strong set of picks.  I''m sticking in England where I expect:Spurs to beat StevenageGood luck EC and all you Pups.

Well now, what can I say except that''s awesome work Alec. It''s never a chore for me to run this but if I ever needed inspiration then it''s right there with your post. When I looked at this weeks fixtures I thought they were difficult but thanks to you and our intrepid PUPs I think we have a wonderful chance of securing another win.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential winnings are £27.59 : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Chelsea @ 3/10
Wrexham @ 1/4
Real Madrid @ 1/12
Anderlecht @ 1/8
Tottenham @ 2/7
AEL Limassol @ 1/12
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
17/02/2012 23:36:0210.000.00

Chelsea get us underway at 12:30 tomorrow followed by Wrexham at 3pm and Real Madrid at 7pm. On Sunday Anderlecht kick off at 1:30, Spurs at 2pm and AEL Limassol at 3pm.

Good luck everyone............[:)].....

Apologies for being so late.

So nearly went with Coleraine, who are in excellent form but I''ve bottled it at the last minute and I am going for -

Real Madrid - Home win

I''ve got a bad feeling about Madrid though, that this could be one of those shock results[:S]

Good luck all