Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Huddersfield sack Lee Clarke

Can''t blame Huddersfield for sacking old Norwich coach Lee Clarke. Three defeats from 30 league games? Deserves all he gets! Mourinho to replace him? I''d imagine that Huddersfield and Clarke had an arguement over him going to Leeds or Wolves.

It looks to me that he has left them and not been sacked. Must be odds on for the Leeds job now?

I hope he doesn''t go there as I like him as a manager and wouldn''t want the leeds doing well,

He will 100% be a prem manager for the future

That give Jordan Rhodes less reason to stay there for anyone willing to take a gamble on him.

No he was sacked Butterbean_Canary here''s a statement from club chairman Dean Hoyle 

"This was a very difficult decision; one not taken lightly or in response to one result," "Lee and his coaching staff have put their all into the job over the past three seasons and has made a huge contrinution to the club. "However with 16 matches to go we still have an oppotunity to achieve promotion and we have made this change with this in mind."

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

No he was sacked Butterbean_Canary here''s a statement from club chairman Dean Hoyle 

"This was a very difficult decision; one not taken lightly or in response to one result," "Lee and his coaching staff have put their all into the job over the past three seasons and has made a huge contrinution to the club. "However with 16 matches to go we still have an oppotunity to achieve promotion and we have made this change with this in mind."

[/quote]

Too many non football minded people in charge of football decisions. From the outside looking in, this is an absolute shocker of a decision!

Just looked on their message board and they all seem delighted oddly. Even stranger is it seems they would welcome back Neil Warnock with open arms. Be careful what you wish for.

I''ve never understood how come Huddersfield have been stuck in League 1.  They were better than a good proportion of the teams in the Championship we played last year and havne''t they just had that massive unbeaten run ?

Having said that, our 3-1 win at their place was one of our great away performances that season.  Particularly after they scored with a near post header after about 2 minutes and I was thinking "maybe not the best away game I''ve been to" and the place was as noisy as anywhere I''ve been.  We worked our way back methodically and tore them to bits in the 2nd half (similar to a recent away trip to Wales maybe?) and by the end you could only hear the City fans.  Aaaaaaaaaaaah.

Not a big fan of Lee Clark''s, but cant quite put my finger on the reason why. However, after loosing only 3 games out of the last 55, I sincerely hope Huddersfield now get what they deserve - a manager who makes them a very average mid table (at best) league one team. This decision seems to be up there with those Venkys idiots at Blackburn getting rid of Alladyce when they were in a relatively comfortable position and replacing him with Steve Kean.

Big fan of lee Clarke, the only good thing about the Roeder era. From what i know, Clarke was the ones who communciated with the players, took training, he got on really well with them. As a manager i assumer he keeps a bit more distance from his players but still close to them, very similar to Lambert in that respect. he seemed to have done a godo job at Huddesfield, really do not get this sacking. They are not the best team in that league so bit surprised they find being 4 points off automatic with 16 games to go not good enough. i very much think there is something else going on

As if we needed any more evidence that football has indeed gone mad, then this is it.A manager who has transformed the club over the last 3 years, has them currently sat in 4th with only 3 losses out of 30 and apparently they think they can do better...Seriously, who the f**k makes a decision like that???Yet another clueless executive who can write what they know about football on the leg of a pubic louse.Really hope he goes to a bigger and better club who then proceed to knock the s**t out of Huddersfield in the cup...

I wonder if they''re maybe asking themselves..."if we hardly ever lose a league game and have a ridiculously prolific striker upfront then why are we 12 points off the top and 4 off automatics??"

It seems odd especially as Lee Clark always seems to have enjoyed a good relationship with the suits at the club but has he taken Huddersfeld on in the last year or two? Have they made any real progress? Perhaps not.

[quote user="Ashwood"]Not a big fan of Lee Clark''s, but cant quite put my finger on the reason why. However, after loosing only 3 games out of the last 55, I sincerely hope Huddersfield now get what they deserve - a manager who makes them a very average mid table (at best) league one team. This decision seems to be up there with those Venkys idiots at Blackburn getting rid of Alladyce when they were in a relatively comfortable position and replacing him with Steve Kean.[/quote]Bizarre move, the similarity with the Allardyce sacking is spot on. There must be more to it, either that or they are also idiots!

[quote user="Kathy "]Just looked on their message board and they all seem delighted oddly. Even stranger is it seems they would welcome back Neil Warnock with open arms. Be careful what you wish for.[/quote]Two Norwich-based Huddersfield fans on our train back from QPR said exactly the same thing Kathy.

I wonder what Pilks makes of it ??Just going on twitter for a bit........"Wow so shocked about the news that have sacked Lee Clarke! Top manager and did a lot for my career! "There we go!

Perhaps you''ve hit on the real reason NWC. They''ve realised what a bargain we got when we signed Pilks from them and they''ve taken it out on Clarke.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Perhaps you''ve hit on the real reason NWC. They''ve realised what a bargain we got when we signed Pilks from them and they''ve taken it out on Clarke.[/quote]Ha ha - maybe my friend :)

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Kathy "]Just looked on their message board and they all seem delighted oddly. Even stranger is it seems they would welcome back Neil Warnock with open arms. Be careful what you wish for.[/quote]

Two Norwich-based Huddersfield fans on our train back from QPR said exactly the same thing Kathy.
[/quote]

There''s clearly more to this than meets the eye, Kathy and Pete. Just looked up Colin''s record at Hudds ,and it''s nothing terribly special; no better or worse than their last 3 managers, so what''s the big attraction to him ?What will Colin bring to the party that Clark didn''t.

Very odd, but no doubt all will be revealed in due course.

Without knowing what''s been said between the two leading up to this, it looks like a very foolish decision.

This is probably completely incorrect, but it wouldn''t surprise me if they''re fed up of having a manager that gets linked with every job going. Although it''s undoubtedly a good sign as he must be doing something right, it must be somewhat distracting both for the squad and for Lee himself.

Is Clarke slightly overrated though? As someone else has said, have they really improved at all since the season we were in League 1 with them? They have a big, big budget compared to some of the sides around them, and i''m not sure it''s really shown in their results.

It''s still a remarkably inept decision though. Are they really going to do any better? There''s some good sides down there these days. Got to feel sorry for the bloke, but he''ll go on to bigger and better things.

From the outside this all looks very odd. Three defeats all season is an excellent record.  But it''s all about expectation levels.Looks like they saw the match against Sheff Utd as a benchmark, with automatic promotion as the bottom line.

And also so very bloody stupid to sack him for that, when if true they could have got money out of Leeds or Wolves for componsation, but now they face an unfair dismissal charge, and his payoff to boot,   

In the last 3 seasons, they''ve been at most 6 points off auto promotion, they''re 4 off at the minute, and were 5 off last season.So in each case, just 2 wins instead of losses would have got them promoted.In leagues like league one where there tend to be less ''standout'' teams, this sort of consistency shows good management and a certain degree of bad luck, as we all know that there can easily be 2-3 games a season you feel have been lost due to the ref or similar and maybe his luck hasn''t fallen right.Even the signing of Rhodes, who some saw as being expensive for a relatively unproven youngster was proved excellent, as was signing Pilks from Stockport for very little money. Clark has proven he has an eye for young talent, but also the man management skills across the board.Don''t want to sound like his biggest fan, but I hate to see a quality young manager being dealt with like this, when the same old shower keep getting jobs they''ve often proven to be either totally inept at, or simply there for a fat paycheck. Who''s next to replace Clark - Eriksson? Souness? Roeder???Total joke, and shows that Hoyle is better suited to organising birthday cards instead of contracts...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]As if we needed any more evidence that football has indeed gone mad, then this is it.

A manager who has transformed the club over the last 3 years, has them currently sat in 4th with only 3 losses out of 30 and apparently they think they can do better...

Seriously, who the f**k makes a decision like that???

Yet another clueless executive who can write what they know about football on the leg of a pubic louse.

Really hope he goes to a bigger and better club who then proceed to knock the s**t out of Huddersfield in the cup...
[/quote]

Furthermore Clarke produced a competitive squad despite losing Pilkington to us and their right back last season to Leicester last summer.

Amazing decision.