Sign in to follow this  
chris bakewell

skimpy,miserable and disgracefull norwich city

so says Alan Young in tonights Leicester Mercuary former foxs player go''s on to say hang your head in shame what a limp excuse for denying many of suporters the chance to see there team in the fa cup  lets beat them or at least bring them to the KP and where w can give them a lesson in hospitality.

As a Norwich fan living in Leicester i can tell you they aint stop moaning lets stuff em and they can stick there hopitallity.

I will assume you''re not being sarcastic.

We didn''t give them their full allowance of tickets (4000, I believe) on health and safety grounds, so it wasn''t really the club''s fault.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]What did we do wrong? I''m not up on this.[/quote]

Thanks no I wasn''t, although afterposting that I did read the allocation thread for the first time.

On the surface it does seem a bit unecessary to restrict it this way, the I saw those dreaded  words "Health and Safety," so no more explanation needed. 

[quote user="Stretcharm"]I will assume you''re not being sarcastic. We didn''t give them their full allowance of tickets (4000, I believe) on health and safety grounds, so it wasn''t really the club''s fault.[/quote]

Wrong quote box. Thanks again.

I seem to have lost my edit button!!!

Am I the only one thinking NCFC were just being sneaky when they so quickly took the ''advice'' of the health and safety?I''d be willing to bet they didn''t have to take it. The option would have been there to allow Leicester to sell more tickets, but assuming it will be a sell out anyway why not give the tickets to the home fans for a bit of extra support? Good on them.

Leicester being an absolute dump... you have to have sympathy that they''ve lost the chance to escape from it for a few hours......

Does seem abit odd that health and safety suddenly plays its part and means they can only have about 2000-2500 tickets, yet teams like Leeds etc brought alot more fans than that last season and nobody cared. Am I missing something?

Although it''s not really the clubs fault I can understand Leicester''s frustration however. I would be abit peeved if it was at their place and we were given so few tickets.

Have they actually sold out their entire allocation yet?

[quote user="Jonzey"]Am I the only one thinking NCFC were just being sneaky when they so quickly took the ''advice'' of the health and safety?I''d be willing to bet they didn''t have to take it. The option would have been there to allow Leicester to sell more tickets, but assuming it will be a sell out anyway why not give the tickets to the home fans for a bit of extra support? Good on them.[/quote]Course they are.  It''s that obvious, it''s the reason why Leicester are getting their knickers in a twist.

"Leicester being an absolute dump... you have to have sympathy that they''ve lost the chance to escape from it for a few hours......"

To be fair Cluck, only half of Leicester is a dump. The other half is quite leafy and nice.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Leicester being an absolute dump... you have to have sympathy that they''ve lost the chance to escape from it for a few hours......"

To be fair Cluck, only half of Leicester is a dump. The other half is quite leafy and nice.[/quote]I bow to your better knowledge then blah......   [:)]It''s much the same with many of the Northern towns too and I was staggered when I went to Halifax some years ago.... and Barnsley wasn''t that bad either.

There seems to be a contradiction over who actually took the decision. This story from the EDP says it was the SAG:

The Canaries declined to make any comment on the ticket decision, but a spokesman for the Safety Advisory Group said: “Following representations from the football club and advice from Norfolk Constabulary, the Safety Advisory Group supported the Constabulary’s view that, on this occasion, the visiting supporters’ allocation should not be increased to 4,000.

This, assuming it is genuine, is an email sent from Norfolk Police to a Leicester fan and fingers NCFC:

"The actual decision to reduce the numbers of Leicester City supporters attending this match was made by Norwich City Football Club in conjunction with The Football Association. This decision to reduce the numbers of Away fans was supported by Norfolk Constabulary, based on the grounds that there has been a recent history of significant disorder involving elements of both Norwich City and Leicester City supporters. In reaching this decision Norfolk Constabulary are in no way branding all Leicester City F.C. or Norwich City F.C. as high risk but just a small minority of supporters from both clubs."

@paintmeyellow “Does seem abit odd that health and safety suddenly plays its part and means they can only have about 2000-2500 tickets, yet teams like Leeds etc brought alot more fans than that last season and nobody cared. Am I missing something?”

The Leeds away attendance as reported in the NCFC programme was 2250 in the 2009/10 League 1 season and 2256 in the Championship season. A similar attendance despite there being trouble reported after the game in the League 1 season. The number of tickets that Leicester have been allocated appears to be very much the same as Leeds were.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="chris bakewell"]

so says Alan Young in tonights Leicester Mercuary former foxs player go''s on to say hang your head in shame.....

[/quote]

Assuming Alan Young is a Leicester City season ticket holder ...... would he change seat for an away fan?

[/quote]

If Leicester season tickets are sold on the same basis as ours then he would have to be prepared to, as would any Norwich fan. Certainly those in the Jarrold. Season tickets are for League matches, not cup ties. I have certainly had to move in the past and will be happy to do so again.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Question Mark"][quote user="chris bakewell"]

so says Alan Young in tonights Leicester Mercuary former foxs player go''s on to say hang your head in shame.....

[/quote]

Assuming Alan Young is a Leicester City season ticket holder ...... would he change seat for an away fan?

[/quote]

If they''d been given their full allocation would you have had to change your seat Tangie? If so was refusing Leicester their full allocation the excellent customer relations you referred to on the baked beans thread?