Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Who was it?

McNally teasing us with the revelation that they turned down 2 bids for a player other than Holt. Any inside info on who it was..

I initially thought Pilkington but could well be Steve Morison. Had a very impressive first half of the season, as did Pilks of course. Wonder which club it was.

I would imagine it was another Premier League club, and could have been any of Pilks, Tierney or Morison.

Tierney a good call-left sided, left footed, pacy and with a few years in him yet, yes, real possibility.

Him or Pilks I reckon. Or maybe one of Ruddy or Steer. And another-wasn''t there a story that Wolves were interested in Crofts?

Hell, a few years ago you''d have been hard pushed to think of any of our players that might be the subject of some interest from other clubs, now we virtually have a full side of them!

To be fair,and thinking outside the box, nowhere did Mc Nally actually say it was a Prem club that did the enquiring/ bidding . So is it possible that it was not one of the usual suspects (Pilks, Morison, Hoolahan etc) , but instead one of the more "fringe" players, and the bidder was someone in the Champ or even below. Perhaps Barnett,Drury, or Wilbraham, or  even Korey Smith ?  Maybe even one of the two reserve keepers ?

Whatever, it''s good to see that they resisted the opportunity to cash in, as everyone will have a part to play at the business end to the season. Even when we are mathematically safe, I cannot see PL being the sort of guy who will let everyone get the deckchairs out, and let the season tail off.

McN actually said two bids for one player-according to EDP report. Or has another one contradicted that?

So must be the two Rangers bids (a Twix and two first class stamps upped to a Twix, a ham and cheese sandwich and two first class stamps) for Holty.

He''d have been chuffed to go there, sign, don''t get paid, club in peril!

I believe it was Steve Morison and the bid was from Sunderland. My source is somebody that has received players lounge tickets for numerous games via Morison and was told that Sunderland were interested in him. Whether or not they actually put a bid in, I''m not sure but it is likely. Also a reason that Morisons performances may have dropped recently may be due to his love life. I have no reason not to believe my source as like I said, Morison has got them players lounge tickets before and my source isn''t the type to lie.

This is all speculation, but i''ve heard from a fairly good source that it was Tierney to West Brom.

They failed to get him, so bought Liam Ridgewell from Brum instead.

[quote user="dpit"]McNally teasing us with the revelation that they turned down 2 bids for a player other than Holt. Any inside info on who it was..[/quote]

Wilbo

After the draw came out for the 5th round, he was seen as our main weapon to get us past Leicester, so the offers were rebuffed. [;)]

[quote user="dpit"]McNally teasing us with the revelation that they turned down 2 bids for a player other than Holt. Any inside info on who it was..[/quote]

McNally has now twittered an official clarification:

"Just to clarify, we received two offers for one player only during the January transfer window."

So the two offers were both for Holt, but it is not entirely clear whether McNally means it was Rangers bidding twice, or one bid from Rangers (or its administrators...) and one from another club. I suspect the latter, since he talked earlier about one bid being in the public domain (ie, from Rangers) and one not.