Sign in to follow this  
Stop Calling Please

Please respect our privacy regarding Arthur (dads) death

This news is true, as Arthur''s son I have had to join this forum due to several phone calls from strangers calling family and friends asking if this news was true.

Can people please show some respect for his family and friends and stop this persistent phone calling.

I understand some of you had a kind of relationship with my father but complete strangers calling family members asking if this is true since 5pm is simply not on.

Your sympathy is appreciated and my father had great memories of you all but please draw a line under this and think before you call someone you don''t know, and understand that if a member of your family died would you want a complete stranger ringing you asking if it''s true.

No offende to anyone on here, I don''t know the age groups of the people who post on here, but this evening it has gone beyond a joke.

Whoever is passing numbers of our family and friends please think twice before doing so and respect our privacy.

It''s seriously not on to pass private home and mobile numbers around based on hearing news on an Internet forum and I''m sure the majority of you surely know this.

Thank You.

R.I.P Dad

I lost my dear old mother a week before Christmas so I can understand your grief at this time.Not one of your callers... and I''m sorry you have been troubled by it all, but it shows he was a very popular contributor on the PinkUn and we all send our best wishes.

Sorry to hear of Arthur''s passing, he certainly was a character and used to enjoy a good wind up on here.

I would like to think that it''s not pink''un posters passing phone numbers around and causing you more upset at this sad time.

Shocked to hear this.He was a great character on this forum and well known and respected for his love of the Canaries and for his forthright views.Will be missed by us all I am sure.

Didn''t always agree with some, well most of the things he said but he would always stick by his words, if it is people from this forum that are ringing you they need to grow up and show some respect to your family

R.I.P. the Whittle Windmill

Peoplee calling a dead mans family''s phone is a pretty disgusting thing to. 8i wouldn''t call someone unless they knew the family, clearly has been non the cards since a poster reviled iron the la Bert appointment doesn''t impress me post .

To be honest not sure how long ago he died but stirring familys emotions with calls from people he hadn''t imet is pretty low.

Bit twisted the person handing the numbers out also.

P.s. what is a whittle windmill?

sorry to hear your news mate, I lost my dad to lung cancer a few years ago so I know what you''re going through and to compound that with unwanted phone calls is just awful.

I suppose people who haven''t been through this horrible experience wouldn''t know how to react but surely a bit of common sense should be applied here.

I wish you and your family condolences at this time and RIP Arthur Whittle.

Some people on this forum are out of touch with reality and feel the only world is the pinkun forum. They need to regain touch with humanity and realise how others will be feeling. Some people are just so self centered here that it makes them come across as sick and disturb human beings. RIP Arthur a great man and i hope you can rest. Family i wish you well and try to keep strong. Regards, a human being.

Dealing with unwanted phone calls at such a terrible time must be hard but in time I hope you will realise that if they have originated from this site it is only because your Dad was so highly thought of. We may be strangers to you but many of us have shared laughs with him on this forum over the years and he has been sorely missed.

Arthur arrived on this forum as the self appointed leader of a protest movement who wanted to ''sack the board''. As an opinionated grumpy old right winger it''s no great secret that we didn''t exacly get on in those early days and I hate to think how much time we wasted arguing about Delia Smith and politics. But if there is one thing that this place does well it is to remind us that we all have at least one thing in common which drew us here in the first place. And if we have one thing in common then maybe there are other thing we can agree on? For me and Arthur it was Lost and the petty arguments that we used to have on a regular basis pretty much disappeared as we swapped theories with a dedicated group of fans of the show over on the non-football forum. Post Lost we got on famously (now when he called me a bed wetting, self loathing lefty it made me smile) and I''d go as far to say he was as close to a friend as it is possible to get when you''ve never met. This place hasn''t been the same since he stopped posting and the news that he will never be back fills me with much sadness. RIP Arthur.

Very sorry for your loss.

As others have commented above, while Arthur''s opinions differed from my own, and many others, he was always respected and thought of fondly by many.  Arthur could ignite the pettiest of arguments from the simplest of discussions, but he always got people talking, and if that''s not the point of forums then I don''t know what is.  He has been, and will be more so now, missed.

RIP Arthur

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Dealing with unwanted phone calls at such a terrible time must be hard but in time I hope you will realise that if they have originated from this site it is only because your Dad was so highly thought of. We may be strangers to you but many of us have shared laughs with him on this forum over the years and he has been sorely missed.

Arthur arrived on this forum as the self appointed leader of a protest movement who wanted to ''sack the board''. As an opinionated grumpy old right winger it''s no great secret that we didn''t exacly get on in those early days and I hate to think how much time we wasted arguing about Delia Smith and politics. But if there is one thing that this place does well it is to remind us that we all have at least one thing in common which drew us here in the first place. And if we have one thing in common then maybe there are other thing we can agree on? For me and Arthur it was Lost and the petty arguments that we used to have on a regular basis pretty much disappeared as we swapped theories with a dedicated group of fans of the show over on the non-football forum. Post Lost we got on famously (now when he called me a bed wetting, self loathing lefty it made me smile) and I''d go as far to say he was as close to a friend as it is possible to get when you''ve never met. This place hasn''t been the same since he stopped posting and the news that he will never be back fills me with much sadness. RIP Arthur.

[/quote]

Shacks top post says it all for me, Arthur will be badly missed on here, sad for your lost, but think of just how many guy''s here liked him.

RIP Arthur.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Shacks top post says it all for me, Arthur will be badly missed on here, sad for your lost, but think of just how many guy''s here liked him.

RIP Arthur.

[/quote]

Yes well put Shacks. sad news like this allways smacks you in the face , my thoughts are with you and your family

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Well said.

I''m sorry to hear of your Dad''s passing. He was a great character on here and always said it how he saw it......most definitely '' old school ''. To his mind PC meant Plod which is a real breath of fresh air in this day and age.I loved reading of his exploits and tales of following City long before many on here were born. I remember a rumour of his demise surfaced on here a while back. It turned out he had been on holiday and  much I enjoyed reading his indignant denial on the '' Pink-Un '' site. Sadly this time it''s true. People who have telephoned you are thoughtless and it shouldn''t have but perhaps it does reflect the standing in which he was held on here. It is wrong but I suspect they meant no harm.My thoughts are with you and your family.

I had no idear Arthur had passed away... its very sadI like him, he was an old schooler and spoke his mind but he also made some very interesting and much valuable posts on this board which made it a much better place.When i set my sunday league team up Arthur actually contacted me out of the blue offering some help finding sponsorship and offering to put me in touch with some local business owners he knew who were keen to help out.RIP Arthur.. thank you for your contribution and thank you for being an all round good bloke when i spoke to you.if city get to Wembley in May, Arthur will be looking down proudly at the lads i''m sure.

I do appreciate your condolences and kind thoughts about my father.

I haven''t registered with this site to discuss the subject, no disrespect, but our family are thankful for your words and memories you gave my father in his later years.

The main reason was we have been receiving continuous calls since yesterday tea time and apparently someone from this forum has shared my fathers personal information and other relatives and friends. I don''t want to cause any ill feeling but it please has to stop as its upsetting especially for my mother who has still not come to terms with his passing.

He had great thoughts of you all, I did used to look at his posts on occasion and know he thought a lot of the likes of Shack, City Angel, First Wizard, Evil Monkey, Mr Chops to name a few of many, and impossible to name you all he mentioned, he enjoyed banter and friendship.

I know a lot of things he said were offensive and he would even acknowledge that, but he was stubborn as you probably gathered.

He even had a soft spot for Dela despite what he said on here and I shared many late night chats over a few spirits where he would admit she was a great ambassador and her heart is in the right place. He did have a couple of her cookbooks which is something he was probably reluctant to tell you.

Hopefully we can push for the FA cup tomorrow a trophy he longed to see us win over the league title, an old romantic at heart.

May he rest in peace and once again we really do appreciate your kindness but please respect our privacy and anyone passing personal numbers of our family and friends please realize you are stirring people''s emotions.

Best wishes.

OTBC

Very sad this happened and will be missed by all.

F.A. Cup for Arthur, may he ,and his pesky nephews rest in peace, god bless his racist cotton socks.

RIP Arto, City fan and friend.

sad news, often enjoyed his posts & as shack said, the discussions on lost were very intresting. have fun up there old boy.

There are so few characters left in the game-playing or watching-else life itself.

Arthur was one and revelled in it. You couldn''t fail to like him for that, even if you disagreed! After all, and he would say this himself, we might argue but we do have one thing in common, a passion for NCFC. And his was strong and determined. You can''t ask for much more than that!

Respect due and given. And best wishes to his family.

OTBC.

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, we exchanged thoughts and views quite often on the footy team we love, he was a real character and will be really missed .

Will be thinking of you and your family in this very sad time.

cityangel

I was very saddened to read this whilst making a fleeting visit to the site.

I like many others found Arthur very entertaining, i must be honest and admit i never took him seriously as i viewed him more as a comedy villain but he was very funny at times.

God bless you Arthur and may the market place pidgeons never shite on your chips again. :-)