Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

Am I reading too much into Spurs letting Naughton play in the cup?

I can''t remember a parent club ever allowing a player to play in Cups before, unless the parent club was out of that cup.Am I reading too much into this, or does anyone else suspect a deal may have already been done for the summer?I hope so, to borrow a line from the Lambert hymn sheet, I think he''s been "colossal" for us, and has improved so much from the start or the season.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I can''t remember a parent club ever allowing a player to play in Cups before, unless the parent club was out of that cup.

Am I reading too much into this, or does anyone else suspect a deal may have already been done for the summer?

I hope so, to borrow a line from the Lambert hymn sheet, I think he''s been "colossal" for us, and has improved so much from the start or the season.
[/quote]

No, it''s a good sign, it occured to me as well. Both Norwich and Spurs are favourites to go through so a next round pairing between the two is far from out of the question as well. 

In this scenario, a Norwich v. Spurs sixth round tie, would they allow him to play for us then?

No not a chance of them letting play in a hypothetical game against Spurs. Would be great if he cam here though, been getting a lot better going forward too recently.

I would also love him to be a Norwich player next year.trying to think of other reasons why they would let us play him.The only thing I could come up with was if we were drawn (if we get through) against a big club we would have more chance of KO''ing them with Naughton.Hense spurs would prefer to play us rather than Arsenal for example.Although I to could be just reading to much into it aswell lol

Don''t think it is too significant. Tottenham would have had the chance to recall Naughton in the January window, so they didn''t let him play in the cup and thus get cup tied in case they recalled him.Now the transfer window is shut Tottenham can''t recall him, so there is no problem him playing in the cup.He won''t be able to play against Tottenham if we draw them.It''s not uncommon for loan players being allowed to play in cups, especially on season long loans. De Laet could have played in the cup for us.

[quote user="JamesOL"]No not a chance of them letting play in a hypothetical game against Spurs. Would be great if he cam here though, been getting a lot better going forward too recently.[/quote]

We''ve all heard that and it could well be correct.But spurs have Walker and the england U21''s right back aswell.Surely they wouldn''t miss him :)

We will be short in that position when he goes back,but ofc sir Paul probably already has a replacement lined up.