Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Cat in hells chance ?? Man Utd tickets

ZT if you are going to accuse people of not being true supporters, try doing it to someone who actually deserves it, not a loyal supporter who happens to have Cancer, you outrageous f***wit.

I don''t go to every game, I dont even make a quarter of them. I''ve been a fan since I was 2 years old, I was taken out of school for the day, aged 7, and driven 200 miles each way by my Dad who is a fan of 40 years to be there for the Bayern Munich home leg. I also did 200miles each way down to Exeter to watch a 1-1 draw (getting an £80 parking ticket as i was desperate not to miss kick off) a week after our 7-1 drubbing in league 1. I guess I''m not a real fan though, having grown up 200miles away, and followed them through thick and thin seeing as I dont make every game?

You really are an odious little t**t.

Ignore this, Tim, you don''t deserve morons like this sniping at you.

Cheers mate, where are you based? Im on the North Wales border not far from Chester, i know what you mean about how deep yr support runs, i hate being accused of being less of a fan because of geography, if anything the effort to get to a game makes us just as much of a fan, in my younger day id travel down to a home game and back on my own in the same day.

Luckily my two teenage boys caught the bug and love going also, despite being near Manchester and Liverpool, im so proud they picked the Canaries and not a big club, and in reference to going just to the big games i loved our season in League one, going to grounds like Carlisle and Oldham was very grounding and fantastic to meet the salt of the earth footy fans :))

[quote user="kick it off"]ZT if you are going to accuse people of not being true supporters, try doing it to someone who actually deserves it, not a loyal supporter who happens to have Cancer, you outrageous f***wit. I don''t go to every game, I dont even make a quarter of them. I''ve been a fan since I was 2 years old, I was taken out of school for the day, aged 7, and driven 200 miles each way by my Dad who is a fan of 40 years to be there for the Bayern Munich home leg. I also did 200miles each way down to Exeter to watch a 1-1 draw (getting an £80 parking ticket as i was desperate not to miss kick off) a week after our 7-1 drubbing in league 1. I guess I''m not a real fan though, having grown up 200miles away, and followed them through thick and thin seeing as I dont make every game? You really are an odious little t**t. Ignore this, Tim, you don''t deserve morons like this sniping at you.[/quote]

Sorry but dont put the Health issue on this, for one i didnt know Tim had this, apologies to Tim, and i really hope what ever he is going through he manages to come out on top.

All i was getting at, is everyone seems to want Man Utd tickets, but are not so bothered when playing lower league clubs, but now seeing Tims last post i got it wrong..

Life`s too short Zema apology accepted, i too am a bit fed up of not being able to get tickets for certain games, im not that bothered about the United game but the boys wanna do it, its been this way for years, i went to Arnhem home and away and Munich in our european run but then struggled to get a ticket for the Milan game at home, i ended up in the press box in the old south stand in the end which was rather surreal,lol

Anyway lets hope we beat Leicester and give it to the mancs the week after, at the end of the day we all love City despite our location OTBC

Hi Tim, sorry should have been a bit more diplomatic, as i can see from your posts your not jumping on the band wagon for the Utd game, but like a colleague just said, let all and sundry jump on the band wagon, that way thier money ends up in our Club!!

Hope you and your family manage to get to some more games, and your doing a grand job with your boys, bringing them up to support City considering the distance..

Once again Sorry

Tim''s health isn''t even an issue here.  There are American Norwich fans who haven''t even been to Carrow Road yet, does this make them lesser a supporter than Zema? No.  There are fans all over the World that take offense to the comments made here, fans who have been supporting the club for as many as 30 years, through good times and bad.  Judging people without having a clue who they are and how long they have been City fans, or how they support the club is nothing short of ignorant. People move away from the fine city all the time and cannot attend games weekly due to family/ work commitments or through other situations. Others are attracted to our football and become supporters in places thousands of miles away, something we should all be proud of. Tim, I hope you manage to come across the tickets you need, 99.9 % of Norwich fans are absolutely fantastic, I''m over for the Man U game and we needed a additional ticket for our group-  I was contacted by a Norwich fan who not only had a spare ticket, but didn''t want payment for it. That''s a real Norwich fan for you, willing to help others out without a thought for whether or not they went to Oldham or not, whether it rained that night or was maybe a tad chilly.. And THAT''S why our supporters have such an amazing reputation. Up the City.

No probs Zema and thanks :)

Made up you guys from New York got yr extra ticket, be fantastic for you to see a win, and yr right we have an amazing following of great supporters all over the globe, tickets look unlikely as loads of people want to go but thats life, might even consider the holiday inn route ;)

Yes, I''ve flown over to go to Stoke away (not in the Prem), Coventry away,  Sheffield Wednesday away, Portsmouth away (not to see promotion) and before I moved to the US  I traveled all over the country watching Norwich City. If you really wanted to judge dedication, lets put up the cost of you going to Tranmere against the cost of me flying home for a game from 3500 miles away....It''s not cheap! I fly over once or twice a season and usually its based around the time I can do it and  the cost of the flights, not who we are playing, as long as we are playing someone, I couldn''t care who (although it is nice to see City take on the likes of Man U and no Norwich fan should be hassled for wanting to see a game that has happened twice in the last 10 years), and this is also true of many supporters around the World.  I was born and raised in Norwich, parents moved away when I was 7, a home game from then on was a 4 hour round trip. Regardless,  it doesn''t matter whether you are in Norwich, Newton Flotman, New York, the Netherlands, Nepal, New Zealand, Norway or Namibia- A Norwich fan can be just a dedicated, and passionate as any other.Up the City. 

Well said NYC.

Tim - I grew up around Worcester, but I''m currently at uni in derby.

ZT fair play for apologising. Just give it a thought before you jump down people''s throats. I never ever base watching Norwich on who we are playing, I base it on whether it''s logistical, and whether I can afford it. Myself and Tim mentioned his situation before you posted on the thread.

I''ve done Villa, WBA x2, Bolton, and Wolves this season, all away, and although I should manage Stoke, unfortunately it looks like the first time I can remember that I won''t manage at least one pilgrimmage to Carrow Road.

I hope we manage a result for all those going and all those exiled who will be watching on the edge of their seats online - as I will be, and I hope you manage to get hold of the tickets Tim so don''t have to join the streaming crowd for this one!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]NY would you fly over for a Tranmere game on a Tuesday Night![/quote]

Zemas are you serious ? These guys are flying from the other side of the globe for gods sake, have you not learnt from your posts re Tim. I am sure that they are not just flying in Saturday and leaving Sunday ???? If you lived in NY would you not pick one of the top 3 to see whilst over here !

You sure dont do yourself any favours do you [:$]

Hi Charlie, the only reason I''m coming over this time is to watch City-- I arrive Sat am, and head back just 2 days later.  I did also manage to get tickets for QPR v Fulham on the Saturday, so taking in that game also. I''m bringing over 3 Americans who have never been to England, including the owners of the bar we call home here.  Those guys made the NY Canaries a possibility, allowing us to take over the pub, getting up early to open for us to watch games and letting us put up Norwich City pictures and shirts all over the walls.