Sign in to follow this  
willo2

Team for tomorrow

Apologies Board police if there is already a thread....                                 RuddyMartin          Ward               Barnett             Drury                                 Fox          Bennett                                  Pilks                                 Hoolahan                    Morison           VaughanSubs; Steer, Lappin, Johnson, Crofts, Holt, Jackson, Surman, although Wilbraham will be there somewhere.....Great squad when you consider a) the bench back up and b) Whitbread, Ayala, Bennett, Tierney and Naughton to add to that back 4, Howson to the midfield

Following Norwich''s Twitter, this is what Lambert has said about the game:

PL: There''s a good chance Jed Steer will play, he was magnificent at West Brom in the previous round.

PL on cup clash: Game is too soon for

Whitbread and there may be other changes but team I put out won''t be a

weakened one that''s for sure

So unless this is mindgames, I reckon Steer will get a deserved start.             SteerMartin Ward Barnett Drury              Fox        Johnson Bennett            Hoolahan     Morison Holt (Vaughan if fit)       

[quote user="willo2"]Apologies Board police if there is already a thread....

Ruddy
Martin          Ward               Barnett             Drury

Fox
          Bennett                                  Pilks

Hoolahan

Morison           Vaughan

Subs; Steer, Lappin, Johnson, Crofts, Holt, Jackson, Surman, although Wilbraham will be there somewhere.....

Great squad when you consider a) the bench back up and b) Whitbread, Ayala, Bennett, Tierney and Naughton to add to that back 4, Howson to the midfield
[/quote]

I basically agree, but if they''re the only back four available I would prefer a more defensive mid-field. I also think that the game has become too important to consider blooding Vaughan and that the very presence of Holt in the starting line-up would put the sh--s up Leicester from the word go. Such is the grat man''s reputation nowadays.

Yep can see your point Broadstairs, although I think psychologically Vaughan needs to start a game.The Naughton news this morning, whilst great throws my team selection, I would now go with Ward and Martin, Barnett on bench, Kyle at RB.

Personally I would like to see our strongest side play, that includes Holt and Ruddy although I appreciate Steer has done no wrong.  If we do play a weaken side and lose you will never hear the end of it and rightly so with relegation all but put to bed and real chance to go all the way.  Cant wait for tomorrow, taking my nephew, niece, father, brother and his wife!

Going from what PL said in the press conference:

Steer

Naughton Martin Ward Drury

Fox

Johnson Pilkington

Hoolahan

Holt Morison

Subs: Rudd, Barnett, Bennett, Jackson, Vaughan, Crofts, Lappin