Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

To any supporter that thinks -

I think you''re probably right a1[Y]

It''s strange to read a thread and find that in part I agree with all posters and yet disagree at the same time. Even my buddy SOB accepts that times have changed. It''s nothing to do with Norwich City why we can''t just pitch up on the day. It''s the way of it now with the all seater stadiums and demand for tickets. But if we expand the ground and make more casual tickets available it still won''t solve the problem. We won''t get back to the days when you could be in the pub and decide to go to football on the spur of the moment. The cost will be too prohibitive. So for a family to go it will still take planning and seats will have to be booked.

But the so called snobbery is a load of bollox. Genuine fans are genuine fans regardless of where they live, what they can afford, how they watch the game or even how they support the club. Some of the stuff on here lately especially towards the guy from NYC is ridiculous. I''ve met a fan from New York who flew over at Christmas and went to the Spurs game. Now he''ll probably watch the rest of the games he can in George Keeleys Bar. But his commitment in getting to one game is at least the same as a local person buying a season ticket.

Ricardo makes a good point too. But I don''t wholly agree with it. However what I do agree with is that those fans who ditched their season tickets when we were relegated to league one aren''t as good a fans as those who stuck with it through thick and thin.And fans who only go when there''s a freebie aren''t as good a fans as those who pay. And those who posted on here pretending to have tickets to throw in whilst encouraging genuine fans to do the same aren''t fans at all.

I can see the merit of this post, i don''t come on here much anymore (think i got called "Aussie Newby" one of the last times i did) but came on for a look to check a bit of an excitement gauge for this weekends cup game.

I only watch our games on tv now so i guess im "an armchair fan" but this is only because i married an australian girl and moved to be with her. I do generally get the feeling that you are looked down upon by people who attend every week and see themselves as better supporters.

I would still place myself as commited as people who go to every game, last time i was in the uk i was at the southend away game within 16 hours of getting off the plane from Oz and i was at the oldham game 20 years ago which was the one where we got 10.5k spoken of in an earlier post. I still keep my membership but doubt that this would be enough to get me a ticket for most games nowadays which saddens me as it is the thing i most want to do when i come back for holidays.

Anyway i will be as nervous as anybody at midnight tonite when we kick off in such a massive game for the club, have just blown up my inflatable canary.

Hope all norwich fans have a fantastic day and maybe this year we can finally break the hoodoo and reach the FA cup final

If winning puts a smile on your face for days, if screaming at the telly when we score, screaming in Carrow Road when the ref fails to give us a stone cold penalty, if loving all things yellow and being so pi$$ed off when we lose that you fall into leak despair then you are a true fan.

I admire those that get to EVERY away game but I can''t afford it but I don''t give a monkeys if they think they are a better supporter than anyone else. I don''t care if you think you are a better supporter than me if you saw your first game in the womb and came out fully kitted up scarf and bobble hat too. Thats your problem not mine lol.

citys capacity is just over 27,000, so if city have only 26,000 supporters everyone can get in to every match, but if they have 28,0000 supporters some will miss out and be unable to attend. i imagine city have several times this number of true ardent supporters who, because of availability of seats, finances, health or location are just not able to attend matches.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Brighton Yellow"]

This is a totally boring comment which is made on a near weekly basis on this message board.

Everyone has their own experiences/expectations of being a fan and they really shouldn’t care what other people may or may not think of them. Just enjoy the football as I hear it’s rather good at the moment...

[/quote]

It may be boring to you - but if you have been subject to taunts about being and armchair fan or for not living in Norfolk or not going to many matches -  as I and other fans have on here have recently, you would feel the same and want to respond.   That is what the board is for.

We are all enjoying this season and don''t you to tell us to, thank you.   Oh, and if you find it that boring - go and do something else!

[/quote]

I''ve stopped biting the bait LDC, I constantly have it thrown at me, but I know I do what I can to support the club.

Top post btw. [Y]

LDC you are right, Its no different to the idiots that think ''if they sit in the Barclay they''re beyond anyone in the River end.

But on the other hand there are alot people like yourself, who cant attend matches for different reasons. This isn''t aimed at you, but a quite a few people in your situation, despite listening to games on radio norfolk, think they can give an expert analysis of everything. It always shows in what they say because they talk nonsense. This is where the abuse starts.

I don''t believe anyone thinks you''re less of a supporter, its just someone who''s been to every game this season doesn''t like being told by someone that''s only been to Tottenham at home.

But when It comes down to it, we''re men talking about football.. Don''t we all think we''re Alex Ferguson.

["Sons of Boadicea"]I am with Cluck to an extent in that I miss the days where you were able to pitch up to Carrow Rd and pay at the gate, in those days I had no need for a season ticket, unfortunately in this modern age of all seater stadia there has to be more control on the number of people who attend a match.....

This subject has been regergatated over and over on this forum and no doubt less popular Canary website forums!

Any Norwich fan the wrong side of 35 whos been going to games from an early age will remember walking up to the ground and paying at the gate. For most of the time when we could pay at the gate, crowds were nowhere near capacity, thats the big difference now. If we were still getting 14,000 crowds then casual tickets would be easily available, at a much reduced price, they''d be little need for super memberships and someone walking around the City between 2-2.30pm on a Saturday when there was a home game could decide last minute to go and catch a game!

In current times when the demand far exceeds supply (I think a capacity matching our support levels would be 10,000-15,000 higher than the current 26,800 odd current useable capacity) the club are going to encourage season tickets which is guaranteed income and any casual tickets left are going to cost as much as the club can get away with. This is why todays cup game costs £25 for adults which is as high as the club can push the price to. While I think £20 for adults would be fairer the clubs pricing is justified by the current ticket sale for the game which will ensure a 26,000+ crowd!

The club are always going to give priority to those who commited to season tickets rather than fans who may go to some games and thats got nothing to do with which supporters are better than others!

If folk want to think that they are better fans or more loyal supporters than others of NCFC.....let them think.

At the end of the day, to the club, you''re just another customer.......

Right, I''m now off to Carra Rud to be a loyal customer......OTBC!

Now customers is a different ball game. I''m sure the club would like you to think that they treat all supporters the same. But they do seem to look after their loyal customers....

Perhaps they should do a Tesco and issue loyalty points for every game attended, for every item bought in the Club shops, for every programme purchased and for every one of Delia''s pies eaten. Double points for away fixtures and attending League Cup games.

The supporter of the season would be the one with the most. Now that would be status. Even a top one hundred list could be considered.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]One''s support of NCFC is directly proportional to one''s disliking for ITFC.  [:D][/quote]Ipswich are just another club to me....I think this apparent hatred is more of an issue for the youngsters and under-developed adults.

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]One''s support of NCFC is directly proportional to one''s disliking for ITFC.  [:D][/quote]Ipswich are just another club to me....I think this apparent hatred is more of an issue for the youngsters and under-developed adults.[/quote]As a self-confessed son of Suffolk you can''t be expected to understand. Passionate City fans will always loathe the binners, it''s in our green and yellow blood. You''ve probably got a signed picture of Paul Jewell on your bedroom wall.......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]One''s support of NCFC is directly proportional to one''s disliking for ITFC.  [:D][/quote]Ipswich are just another club to me....I think this apparent hatred is more of an issue for the youngsters and under-developed adults.[/quote]As a self-confessed son of Suffolk you can''t be expected to understand. Passionate City fans will always loathe the binners, it''s in our green and yellow blood. You''ve probably got a signed picture of Paul Jewell on your bedroom wall.......

[/quote]It''s so easy to prise you out of your bunker slaps. Did you never actually achieve puberty?There''s nothing wrong with Suffolk folk... and we were all one under Boudicca once.