Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Are we taking Leicester for granted???

I''m seeing a lot of posts about who we want to face in the next round, and how many we will win by on saturday. Now archant have started talking about our impending victory earning us an extra million for the coffers. Then there''s that whole ticket allocation thing.Is this the kind of game that bites us on the ass?? PL has already said he is concentrating on the manyoo game.

[quote user="NWC"]I''m seeing a lot of posts about who we want to face in the next round, and how many we will win by on saturday. Now archant have started talking about our impending victory earning us an extra million for the coffers. Then there''s that whole ticket allocation thing.

Is this the kind of game that bites us on the ass?? PL has already said he is concentrating on the manyoo game.

[/quote]

I''m sure Lambert and the players wont be taking anything for granted and thats the most important thing.  Fans will always get a bit carried away which in a lot of respects is understandable under the current circumstances.

Never underestimate a team from a lower league (MK) I don''t think for 1 minute our team selection will show signs of us being flippant or odds on to go through Lambert is not the type that will allow the team to think that either he will field a strong team to win, For the first time in years we are at the stage where we have nothing to prove or lose, we are safe in the league we have players making good progress on the fitness front and returning to the first team, So PL can put out the strongest team he likes, Leicester, on the other hand got beat the other night Pearson has his sights set on the play offs so he could make a lot of changes with the focus on league.    

[quote user="NWC"]I''m seeing a lot of posts about who we want to face in the next round, and how many we will win by on saturday. Now archant have started talking about our impending victory earning us an extra million for the coffers. Then there''s that whole ticket allocation thing.

Is this the kind of game that bites us on the ass?? PL has already said he is concentrating on the manyoo game.

[/quote]

I''m just hoping for a better game than the MK Dons cup game (cannot see it being that bad)

I think the whole ''Man U'' quote from Lambert was to deflect from the Leicester game though.

I''m certainly not, they had a disappointing result mid-week, Pearson has said he will make a few changes, maybe they''ll play a few players with a point to prove, it''s going to be a tough game.

We did the same in the run-up to Burnley. They were on a run of 6 wins out of 7, so how Leicester are going better than Burnley were, I''ll never know!

We SHOULD beat them, and if we play anywhere near our best, we will beat them. Of course, if we don''t, Leicester have players that can cause us problems, so we will need to be sharp. 2-1 home win for me.

So we could get £1million pounds if we win tomorrow and get an away tie at a big ground. It is a good little extra but how much do we get for an extra place in the premiership 800k?

Not too bothered but guess I just don''t want a draw clogging up our schedule if we get a draw. I think the article in the archant about these figures are hasty, talk about the figures we have had from the cup so far. Which at the moment is probably the monthly wage bill.

If we beat a good Leicester team, who will be keen to give us a game after there result at the weekend, then talk about that money. Yes we are the premiership team and we are developing into good premiership players, but it is a knockout game. I do think some our getting ahead of themselves, if we had consolidated last year in the champ. and not spent as much as we had, there line up would be pretty good against ours.

Lets talk about this extra million if we win. But to be honest if we get an extra 800k for each place up the league then we are winning all the way as anything over 17th is a bonus this season and hence the £££ from being midtable would be more than a cup run. Yes I would love to see a cup at carrow road, but I would rather see established premiership team with great youngsters coming through, quality of players brought in improving and a debt disappearing. So premiership survival the next two seasons is what I am looking at.

nugent always seems to do well against us too

Fingers crossed the team are up for this

Confidence is high at our club and I think it is right that we go into this game with great expectancy to progress - however Leicester are no mugs and with the squad they have, are more than capable of turning us over. I think we will have too much power and technical ability for them, but they have some Premier League quality players (Nugent, Gallacher, Mills, Schmeichel) so we won''t be taking them lightly.

I doesnt matter a dot if "we" take them for granted, its whether PL and the team do and I''m sure there won''t be another MKdon''s situation as, a) we are pretty much safe in the prem now and the Prem took all of our teams focus back then; b) Its the FA cup, not the carlingsworthton cup; c) I have a 5''er on us to win 4-1.

I think Leicester will be difficult opponents and so should the team - think along the same lines.

The MK Dons debacle earlier this season is proof that we can never win a game without being fully commited and professional! 

The last and only time we''ve beaten Leicester in the FA Cup was 100 years ago!Since 1912 we''ve played them 4 times and lost the lot.So much for history.

That is a true stat Ricardo, but we have also apparently won the last three home fifth round games that we''ve played, so that''s one in our favour. The thing about such stats, of course, is that they are thankfully completely irrelevant! :)

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]That is a true stat Ricardo, but we have also apparently won the last three home fifth round games that we''ve played, so that''s one in our favour. The thing about such stats, of course, is that they are thankfully completely irrelevant! :)[/quote]That''s right BP, however if people didn''t think stats were in some way relevant why do they bother looking at form tables?

I''m sure PL will make sure all the players are up for this game. League position is pretty safe now so the lads will go for it without taking anything for granted. Anyone know who the ref is today ? A poor refereeing display is more of a worry for me.

[quote user="fellowyellow"]I''m sure PL will make sure all the players are up for this game. League position is pretty safe now so the lads will go for it without taking anything for granted. Anyone know who the ref is today ? A poor refereeing display is more of a worry for me.[/quote]Mike Dean. Reffed one of our games this season - West Brom away in the league.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="fellowyellow"]I''m sure PL will make sure all the players are up for this game. League position is pretty safe now so the lads will go for it without taking anything for granted. Anyone know who the ref is today ? A poor refereeing display is more of a worry for me.[/quote]

Mike Dean. Reffed one of our games this season - West Brom away in the league.
[/quote]

Dean had a pretty good game to be fair and could have sent Ayala off. Anyway, confident PL will have the boys fired up enough to win in 90 + 4 minutes.

What I''m worried about most is not the players'' mentality, but the crowd''s. I really hope people enjoy the match and continue to get behind the team and not the opposite, going silent and moaning at why we''re not 2-0 up after 10 minutes and Leicester are actually giving us a game!

[quote user="ricardo"]The last and only time we''ve beaten Leicester in the FA Cup was 100 years ago!

Since 1912 we''ve played them 4 times and lost the lot.

So much for history.
[/quote]

Indeed my glass half full friend Rickyyyyyyyyy[:)]

But in 1972 we beat them in the League Cup and went on to beat Arsenal in the quarters, Chelsea in the semis and lost to Tottenham in the final at Wembley.

So much more for history[;)]

Yep! 

Lambert''s Snorefolk interview was extremely laid back - think he was happy enough. 

I bloody ain''t though!