Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Norwich Vs Leicester thread

I love him to bits, but Barnett is NOT Premiership standard. Wins everything in the air, but that''s it.

Morison''s really starting to concern me. I can''t believe Lambert''s going to be pleased with his attitude.

Wheelie bin continues to impress. Very unlucky not to score - like Holt, there''s a lot more to his game than being a big lump up front. Not as good as Grant mind.

At least Vaughan didn''t get injured! If he can stay fit, he''s gonna be good.

he cost us posession time and time again... Wes is a good player but he MUST learn to use that right foot rather than holding the ball and trying to make something happen with his left.he''s been found out a couple of times this season...

Dreadful game, we looked like complete strangers.

Almost on par with the Sunderland result a few weeks back, nobody was at their best today & we have lost to a fairly average Championship team at best.

Too much hoofball & some rather strange substitutions & team selection from Lambert. Was Holt suspended/injured as it''s quite clear he should have been involved today. And why bring on Johnson for Fox? Very poor & very pissed off, dreadful.

Quote jas the barclay king : Wes Hoolahan is a greedy little sh*t!

Yeah - he was a bit today. There was an opportunity to put JV through and he completely ignored him !!

Hoolahan was quite clearly our best player today, and apart from Jackson and JV, the only one who looked like he gave a damn.

He will never say it publicly but I hope PL gives them a rocket behind closed doors.

who cares!!!!!potentially top ten in the premiership in the first season up or a cup run ? i know which one will make a massive difference to the quality of player we can attract for next season ;) it was always unlikely we would win the bloody thing even if we went through, sod the extra games the squad is suffering with knocks as it is. Leicester only just beat a weak (ish) Norwich 11 which had a handfull of players in who are coming back from injury or havnt really featured

stop moaning. you can all take the piss out of your leicester supporting neighbours by reminding them we get to play at the top level every week whilst they get glamour ties against donny & peterborough

That was as poor as I''ve seen us for a while, apart from Sunderland where we were truly dreadful.

With our first choice back 4 out injured I''d have expected Holt to a least be in the squad as we would clearly need goals as we were never going to keep a clean sheet.

Ah well just the small job of Man Utd next week.

So it ends up another of these strange performances that only happen in cup games. A real shame because Leicester didn''t show me anything that would have troubled us greatly if we''d actually played, we just had too many players that decided to have a day off today.Moro should have been off at half-time, no question. With Barnett and Ward at CB you know we''re likely to need a centre forward, but he was doing his impression of a telephone box today. Diamond certainly didn''t work today either, last time I saw our midfield stretched that badly was Spurs... and Leicester aren''t Spurs.Plus points? Vaughan is back. That''s it. Garh. Can''t remember the last time I was so angry about losing a game.

We are not good enough to rest key players. I half expected a half hearted performance but nothing as incompetent as that. The worst I''ve seen. Did Gunny take training this week or was it Roeder.

Leicester will thank their lucky stars they drew a team who didn''t want to be in the competition. They may as well have had a bye. Now for the spin!!!!!!!

Agreed technika. Like it or not, Lambo sent a message out with the team selection and subs made during the game.

The Prem is the target and still is !!!

I should add, recalling an earlier thread this week when it was asked what would we do if we didn''t have Holt, well today gave us a bit of an idea.

Very poor performance. This was a real chance for us in the FA cup and we''ve let it slip away without putting up much of a fight.

I know there has been a lot said about Holt but I actually think we also sorely missed Ruddy, Naughton and Surman too.

Neither of our fullbacks covered themselves in glory today. The two centrebacks actually did fairly well considering that neither of them have played much football lately and they were facing a couple of tricky strikers. Steer didn''t have much to do but I suspect their first goal wouldn''t have gone in with Ruddy between the sticks.

In midfield Fox wasn''t finding yellow shirts as consistently as he usually does. Both Hoolahan and Bennett tried hard but both lacked end product. Pilkington took it easy and rarely pushed himself.

Morison was pretty useless upfront and was a million miles away from some of the performances Holt has put in of late. Jackson tried hard and was unlucky to be subbed off at the same time as Morison just to give Morison a bit of protection. Wilbraham was definitely an improvement.

I imagine Hoolahan and Barnett will probably take a fair bit of the stick for today but I would say there were probably bigger culprits.

Very poor showing today unfortunately. Yes, there''s the excuse that we have some injury problems; and I can understand why Lambert chose to rest Holt even though it was clearly a bad decision in retrospect. But certain players are showing the strain now. We needed a sub to come on and make a quick impact on the game today, but instead we got Wilbraham. Hate to say it but for me, Lambert called it wrong pretty much throughout this afternoon. I know not everyone will agree, which is fine, but here''s how I''d rate the players today :

Steer - 8 - Another good effort from Steer. Some good saves and solid command of his area - Good to see he''s not afraid to come out and collect the ball if needs be. Despite conceding two, he can be proud of himself - not much he could have done about the second goal, his defence shouldn''t even have let the opportunity arise.

R Martin - 5 - Struggled today against Dyer. He got turned and outplayed several times. Hard to see how he''ll cope against Valencia or Giggs in the United game. Worst performance for a while from Martin - Is he carrying an injury?

Barnett - 3 - Clearly isn''t good enough, too many mistakes today. Won some headers, which is great, but looked like his feet were nailed to the floor every time Leicester ran at him. He just couldn''t deal with a couple of fairly average Championship strikers. Sorry to say it, but I think he''ll go in the summer.

Ward - 5 - Tried hard but looked shaky at times - perhaps more understandable given he''s been out for a long while. Good work with the goal-line clearance - hard to see if it was a goal or not to be fair, but the attempt at a block was the right thing to do regardless.

Drury - 5 - Gave his all for the club as expected, hard to fault his effort but just beginning to show his age after a run of games - looked half a yard short of pace at times.

Fox - 7 - Good performance again today, tried hard to contain Leicester and get things moving for Norwich; but sometimes outmuscled by the physical approach of certain Leicester players.

Pilkington - 6 - Solid game, played well enough without excelling himself.

Bennett - 6 - Put in a decent shift, but he''s done better. Needed a creative spark to get us going, but it didn''t really come.

Hoolahan - 8 - Creative, tried hard and was at the centre of almost everything attacking Norwich did. However, he''s got to learn not to be so greedy - more than one occasion when he would have been better to pass than take the shot.

Morison - 4 - Worst performance I''ve seen from him so far. Didn''t look up for the fight at all - Any more (non)performances like this and questions must surely start being asked about his commitment to the club.

Jackson - 7 - Gave the ball away a few too many times, but also looked a genuine threat with his pace on occasion. Probably looked the most likely to score from open play - Can''t see why Lambert took him off.

Vaughan - 8 - Probably the best thing about this match from a Norwich point of view. Showed he has the hunger, pace and skills to do well for us given the opportunity. Fingers crossed he stays injury free!

Wilbraham - 4 - One half-decent shot, but otherwise pretty much anonymous. Again showed he''s currently about 2 divisions above his level. Not exactly the ''impact sub'' we needed.

Johnson - 5 - Didn''t have much time to get involved really. Might have been a better choice than Fox from the start against Leicester''s push-and-shove players?

With none of the back four not first choices why did we play a rookie keeper behind them? Steer did nothing wrong, but he had little to do. It''s the message sent to Leicester really.

Where was Grant Holt? What a diabolical nonsense.

Where was Surman? He''s been on fire of late.

Why blood Vaughan in what, IMO, had become the most important game left for this season?

Leicester are a mid-table Championship side and they played like it. We were back to League 1 level.

A complete cock-up.

I am completely bemused, disappointed and angry. It was there for the taking.