Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Absolute disgrace

For the first time for a long time I can say from all the players on the pitch today and the Manager we were an absolute disgrace , I can not believe how pathetic we were and the attitude was appalling.Steer  : said before match there is a whole difference between away and home games far more pressure at home and should have had Ruddy in goal. Looked like didnt want to be there when ever corner came over resulting in goal and could have been more (3)Drury : probably one of the players who can walk off pitch with some pride although looked tired at end , for me our best player  (8)Ward : Dealt with headers well but looked worried when ball on floor, really do not think he can make it in Premier League torn apart for second goal (5)Barnett : Plenty of effort and considering hasnt played for a while OK but as with Ward on the ground and he looked vulnerable (5)Martin : Looked the weak link again so much came from him not closing down including many many corners we need Naughton there asap (4)Pilkington : Was he actually on the pitch , no control no cover enough said (2)Bennett : At least he tried and put some effort in but too many mistakes and rarely tracking back to get ball (5)Hoolahan : Didnt look like Ccaptain didnt look like he cared apart from odd dash and  I lost count of the number of attacks he lost the ball by miscontrol , no way man of match (4)Fox : Started awfual couldnt pass to anyone bu a Leicester player got better but like the entre midfield let Leicester take control (5)Morrison : Probably one of few players to keep trying , although given service more like away game so I have some sympathy for him should NOT have been subbed , as still causing Leicester defence to panic. (6)Jackson : Was he on the pitch today , could not control ball even when got it did not find any space probably his worst performance ever struggle to see why not subbed at half time (1)Wilbraham and Vaughan (5) Can not blame them game already lost when Lambert decided to put them on.Lambert : Sorry I will not forgive him easily for this three of our best players not on and two not even on bench and he watches one of the most dire performances from the team and waits until we are losing to bring on a forward who hasnt played in six months and another  who couldnt score in six months taking off the only forward who was making an impact. Fans paid good money to watch a fifth round FA Cup match this is not a friendly not a noddy cup, if he has a shred of confidence should know we are safe in the League and he picks that side. Ruddy should have been in goal Holt and Surman on bench that I could have accepted not what was delivered. No doubt there will be some who will say oh what about the league well if Lambert doesnt shake his ideas will be out of that too! Anyone knows wins breeds confidence and todays performance will have shaken the fans and players belief we can stay up it was that bad. Man Utd must be waiting to do their goal difference the world of good next weekend as Lambert struggles to turn this around. (1)Should have refunded money for that performance certainly didnt justify 25 pounds

I agree 100% with your title and your comments on PL, but have to say i majorly disagree with your ratings.Steer - 6, didn''t really do much wrong, had a lot of pressure on him at corners, but not at fault for either goalR Martin- 5, very poor today, not involved in anything going forward, kept lossing his man, showed no leadership like he usually doesBarnett- 3, god this guy gets worse everytime i watch him, he reminds me of the doc in the way he always holds his man when the ball comes to the striker, but rarely attempts to win the ball without pulling the man down. Very slow on the turn and made to look like a legless fool for the second goalWard- 6, look fairly composed, not really got much to say about himDrury, 6 (MoM), solid defending, offers little going forward (apart from one real nice run)- we really do miss TierneyBennet- 5, tried hard and continued tracking back as usual, often i saw he was our last man defending, but first touch so so poor today, just did not work for himFox- 4/5Wes- 4, very poor, lost the ball way too much despite a bright start. Please stop shotting from outside the box and please do not take penalties again, everyone of his penaltes goes to the goalies leftPilkington- 3, was he even playingMorrison- -10 (yes negative 10), wish i had had a sniper to pick him off and save the torture of watching this guy walk around a pitch. (would love to see his stats for distance covered, perhaps he ran 100 yards all game)Jackson- 6, tried hard and close to MoM for me, just never gave up even if he did look a bit headless at times

[quote user="CJ"]For the first time for a long time I can say from all the players on the pitch today and the Manager we were an absolute disgrace , I can not believe how pathetic we were and the attitude was appalling.

Steer  : said before match there is a whole difference between away and home games far more pressure at home and should have had Ruddy in goal. Looked like didnt want to be there when ever corner came over resulting in goal and could have been more (3)

Drury : probably one of the players who can walk off pitch with some pride although looked tired at end , for me our best player  (8)

Ward : Dealt with headers well but looked worried when ball on floor, really do not think he can make it in Premier League torn apart for second goal (5)

Barnett : Plenty of effort and considering hasnt played for a while OK but as with Ward on the ground and he looked vulnerable (5)

Martin : Looked the weak link again so much came from him not closing down including many many corners we need Naughton there asap (4)

Pilkington : Was he actually on the pitch , no control no cover enough said (2)

Bennett : At least he tried and put some effort in but too many mistakes and rarely tracking back to get ball (5)

Hoolahan : Didnt look like Ccaptain didnt look like he cared apart from odd dash and  I lost count of the number of attacks he lost the ball by miscontrol , no way man of match (4)

Fox : Started awfual couldnt pass to anyone bu a Leicester player got better but like the entre midfield let Leicester take control (5)

Morrison : Probably one of few players to keep trying , although given service more like away game so I have some sympathy for him should NOT have been subbed , as still causing Leicester defence to panic. (6)

Jackson : Was he on the pitch today , could not control ball even when got it did not find any space probably his worst performance ever struggle to see why not subbed at half time (1)

Wilbraham and Vaughan (5) Can not blame them game already lost when Lambert decided to put them on.

Lambert : Sorry I will not forgive him easily for this three of our best players not on and two not even on bench and he watches one of the most dire performances from the team and waits until we are losing to bring on a forward who hasnt played in six months and another  who couldnt score in six months taking off the only forward who was making an impact. Fans paid good money to watch a fifth round FA Cup match this is not a friendly not a noddy cup, if he has a shred of confidence should know we are safe in the League and he picks that side. Ruddy should have been in goal Holt and Surman on bench that I could have accepted not what was delivered. No doubt there will be some who will say oh what about the league well if Lambert doesnt shake his ideas will be out of that too! Anyone knows wins breeds confidence and todays performance will have shaken the fans and players belief we can stay up it was that bad. Man Utd must be waiting to do their goal difference the world of good next weekend as Lambert struggles to turn this around. (1)

Should have refunded money for that performance certainly didnt justify 25 pounds

[/quote]

Thanks for nearly 3 years of total success. [:|]

I''m with you on those ratings priceyrice. Our team were not at the races. How Wes got MOTM is beyond me [:S]  Apart from scoring the rebounded penalty, what else did he do that was effective? Leicester muscled him off the ball. He took 1 touch too many most of the time and then we lost the space the player had created to who he passed the ball.

Spot on Pricey, I agree wholeheartedly with you marks although Bennet a 4 for me, his passing and finishing was utterly woeful.

Sorry Mr Lambert, but unfortunately I think, as do many others, you got this one wrong - it was our best chance to win something for years, after all, isn''t that what it''s all about and whilst I appreciate Premiership survival is a must you have to be in it to win it!

TAXI FOR MR MORRISON>

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]CJ = disgrace. How is this person allowed on the internet, absolute disgrace!![/quote]

Even complete arseholes have rights. [:(]

I won''t be buying any cup tickets next season. If the team don''t take the competitions seriously I don''t see why I should give them my money. Best chance of cup success in years gone without a fight. 8 days to the next PL game and there is no chance we will go down now so we should have fielded our strongest line up and gone for it.

[quote user="ricardo"]Not a disgrace at all. They didn''t play well today.

Sometimes it happens.
[/quote]

I''m with you totall Rickyyyyyyy.

But I''m disappointed. Thought we had a chance this year.

Will we ever see City win that cup?

Dear oh dear...Three blistering seasons and you''re suicidal over a poxy cup exit?Get a grip for Christ''s sake.

It is disappointing but I''d rather be in our position than Bolton''s.  Or Leicester''s, come to think of it.  I think when people are suggesting hiring snipers to shoot our own players then things have got really rather stupid and everyone needs a reality check.To make things slightly worse, the Binners won again and Dirty Leeds & Dirty Warnock got a 99th minute winner against Doncaster.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It is disappointing but I''d rather be in our position than Bolton''s.  Or Leicester''s, come to think of it.  I think when people are suggesting hiring snipers to shoot our own players then things have got really rather stupid and everyone needs a reality check.To make things slightly worse, the Binners won again and Dirty Leeds & Dirty Warnock got a 99th minute winner against Doncaster.

[/quote]Lol, i didn''t suggest hiring a sniper, i was suggesting i would do it myself!! I know a lot of opinions after this game are a bit hyperbole and we have had such a great season, but the fact there is so much anger and frustration after this performance just highlights the extreme lack of effort that appeared to be on show.

Sorry but I agree with most of the posts on here. Just got back and not a a cheap day out with the fuel and tickets, totally pissed off. Please don''t spout on about how we should be grateful we are 8th - course I am f*ckin grateful but when is the last time we had a cup run of any sort. What makes it worse is that Lambert sees it as an inconvenience to the league but we are pretty much safe so I don''t really care if we finish 12th or 8th but I would remember a cup semi and not many supposed better teams left in. I would feel differently if we were in amongst the bottom teams but we are not. Opportunity missed. Rant over.

Lambert would have to shoulder a huge part of the blame today. It was obvious very early that the midfield wasn''t set up correctly and at half time we were lucky that the scoreline was level  when he could have changed it. He didn''t ,and despite seeing Leicester''s 2nd coming a mile off all through the 2nd half ,still didnt change it and only then did when it was too late with 12 mins left after we''d gone 2-1 down.

Can''t agree at all with the OP... to put it mildly.

We have a fantastic Manager who is totally professional and follows his priorities in an almost religious manner.

He cannot say anymore than his after match comments otherwise he would be in trouble.

His team selection and subs spoke volumes.

He s not the first nor the last Premier Manager to come out with such comments after an FA Cup game. What a surprise.

Even in our promotion year under Saunders, we actually rolled over to Hull at home 3 nil.

I know I''m in the minority but we''ve got through the game, given some players match practice and protected those who needed a rest eg Holt, Surman and Naughton.

Good luck to Leicester for the cup and their championship games remaining.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Not a disgrace at all. They didn''t play well today.Sometimes it happens.[/quote]

[/quote]Well I think it unlikely that I will Nigel.Still hope springs eternal every year but it did seem a good opportunity to go the distance.I''m a bit disappointed tonight but I''ll be ok after a couple of Jamesons and then its roll on next Saturday.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Not a disgrace at all. They didn''t play well today.

Sometimes it happens.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I think it unlikely that I will Nigel.

Still hope springs eternal every year but it did seem a good opportunity to go the distance.

I''m a bit disappointed tonight but I''ll be ok after a couple of Jamesons and then its roll on next Saturday.
[/quote]

Have an extra Jamesons Rickyyyyyy, you''ve got ''til Sunday[;)]

Arsenal are out now too. Huge opportunity gone. I bet Grant Holt is disappointed, It may have been his best chance.

Why do people think paying money means a good performance? It''s a sport you, pay your money to see your team, S**t performances and losses are the risk you take if you purchase a ticket.