Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

will yesterday be forgotten Saturday?

....... If we carry on and ensure that no team has done the double over us? Beat or draw against Man Utd and of course it will.

Absolutely not..[:@] Yestrerday was a bigger game than United next Sunday (for us) we had a chance to do something special to this club. If we had been playing Wigan in mid week I would understand the team selection but as we have no game for 8 days ! no one will convince me the team selection was right yesterday.

Although nobody can complain about the progress the managment team have made to this club. They also have to be big enough and admit they got it wrong. 

There is a simple step that I will be taking in future and that is not buying any tickets for cup games. I was at MK Dons and understood at that stage of the season the reason for playing a weakened team but in the position we are now I say we should have started the strongest team .

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Absolutely not..[:@] Yestrerday was a bigger game than United next Sunday (for us) we had a chance to do something special to this club. If we had been playing Wigan in mid week I would understand the team selection but as we have no game for 8 days ! no one will convince me the team selection was right yesterday.

Although nobody can complain about the progress the managment team have made to this club. They also have to be big enough and admit they got it wrong. 

There is a simple step that I will be taking in future and that is not buying any tickets for cup games. I was at MK Dons and understood at that stage of the season the reason for playing a weakened team but in the position we are now I say we should have started the strongest team .

[/quote]

Leave out the sentence about not buying tickets for cup games in future and you are absolutely spot on Drinks.

["The Great Drinkell"]

I have to say I agree cause I think we''d of been better with just two players included - Ruddy, cause he''d of commanded his area far better than Steer which might of prevented the 1st goal and our ddogyness defending corners and Holt who''d of made the ball stick up front, chase lost causes and put a dodgy looking Leicester defence under more pressure than the "couldn''t be a*sed" Steve Morison.

But in Lamberts defence, he wouldn''t of been banking on Morison being so out of sorts and the team overall struggling to pass the ball with much accuracy!

[quote user="mastoola"]why? what happened on saturday?[/quote]I had a dozen Piton''s and sat on the beach all day. [B]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

Agreed, still miffed, no need to rest Holt or Ruddy should have also played Naughton, Surman the result against Man Utd win lose or draw will have no real bearing on our season and how many more years will it be before we getting a better chance of progressing further in the cup, as we are never going to win the league are we?  If you''ve never been to Wembly (Milk Cup) or the Millenium Stadium (play off final) then you will never understand it.  As to buying tickets for cup games in the future I''m not so sure I''ll bother.