Sign in to follow this  
smooth

What is everyones thoughts of Yellows for me it is yuk

[quote user="marvin the martian"]

On the subject of Zaks, anyone remember the burger van they used to have on the old cattle market with all the silver foil jammed into the tarmac ?

[/quote]

Do you mean the burger van that stood on the left by the cattle market car park entrance as you come round the bend by the Bell Hotel or the Zaks caravan that stood on the piece of land next to what was La Rouen Pub ? If you are talking about the Zaks caravan i remember it got trashed by Newcastle fans which subsequently brought about the move to Mousehold.

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="pete_norw"]Whats with the american connection then?[/quote]

It''s run by cowboys......
[/quote]

PMSL should have known I would get that answer

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I was in there just yesterday, very tasty imo as was the manageress! My Jack Daniels was excellent and the blue cheese burger was to die for.

The service, as usual, was damn good too.

[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it Wiz, I''ve been banging on about those Blue Cheese Burgers for ages. By far and away the best burger in the city. Zaks, Capt America''s etc can''t hold a candle to Yellows burgers.

In Yankee land the best burger I ever had was in a Drive Thru in California called "In and Out Burgers". For a steak, give me "The Texas Roadhouse" every time.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="pete_norw"]Whats with the american connection then?[/quote]It''s run by cowboys......[/quote]

PMSL should have known I would get that answer

[/quote][:D]It was irresistable pete.  [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="pete_norw"]Whats with the american connection then?[/quote]It used to be an Indian restaurant.[/quote]Yes... I made a reservation there once....

I remember the Zaks burger van. It was a real treat for us Yarmouth yokels to come up in our first cars and impress the girlies.

I''ve eaten in yellows a couple of times had the burger deal and the Christmas special 2/3 years ago it was OK. Maybe a bit overpriced.

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]I have eaten there many times and never been dissapointed. I also think the staff are great - better than u find in many other restaurant imo. If I was to choose between somewhere like Zaks and Yellows I would pick yellows every time - the  standard is so much better for same price[/quote]I agree with this.They use far better quality ingredients than Norwich''s other ''American'' diners, freshly prepared too, not frozen squit.I love the eggs benedict, the blue cheese burger, (probably the best in Norfolk) and to finish the dunkin donuts or baked cheesecake.mmmmm delicious!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Anyone who''s ever been to USA will know that it''s not just burger bars that are cheaper. My over riding memory of my two visits to Vegas was the food and the price paid. For example the carvery''s are cheap and plentiful. Prime rib or turkey and they keep carving until YOU say stop. No wonder there are a lot of lard arses out there[;)] But of course you do have to count in a decent tip which is compulsory. However a lot of us tip in these places in this country.

I''ve never eaten at Yellows so am interested. I''ve eaten at Captain America''s ever since it opened in the early seventies. It''s beauty is it''s simplicity. Nothing has changed in those 40 years and all the menu''s from that whole period are on the wall!! But surely Captain A''s chips are frozen too?

[/quote]

What happens if you choose not to tip then? Do you get shot?

[/quote]

I can remember, as a 21 year old, with some mates in Miami, having the proprietor chase us down the road after we (well one of our group who was paying) hadn''t left a tip, shouting about didn''t we like the meal etc?!!

Also remember the Zaks van on the old Cattle Market - hoooge burgers!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Very overpriced, amazed that some people have the money to go in there![/quote]

its only a tenner for a burger meal I think?

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="pete_norw"]Whats with the american connection then?[/quote]

It used to be an Indian restaurant.

[/quote]

Yes... I made a reservation there once....
[/quote]

Did you sue them after

The Zak''s caravan, near the La Rouen pub, sold superb burgers back in the day. I haven''t tasted better burgers before or since eating there. A mate of mine did once break a tooth whilst "dining" there, though. It was a good pit stop on a night out, and was always busy. Memories!

i actually managed to get a burger beer and chunky chips deal within the alloted time slot and it wasn''t bad and it stopped my son whining about snacks all through the game so it must have been very filling ... the staff were fine and it was a pleasant prematch meal watching the chelsea game..only complaint being not enough condiments out on the tables so having to keep bothering others for salt and ketchup   [:D]