Sign in to follow this  
Barclay Trucker

Get a grip you un-loyal fans.... go and support Ipwsich

As the title says....

anyone that is winging because we are now out of the cup, go and support that other lot of crap down the road...

that was probably the 4-5 bad performance since Lord Lambert has been in charge, now im not being funny, it happens.

yesterday we was poor, and yes it cost me 55quid to go and watch such crap, for 5-10 mins after the game, i was upset, as would of liked a cup run... but as for you morons that are still complaining about it, get over it, its over, and we are 8th in the Premier League with Manchester Utd visiting Sunday.

Holt was rested, as Lambert clearly thought, that sundays game is bigger, and in my eyes yes it is.

Ruddy was rested, because Jed Steer was unbelievable at West Brom a few weeks back and the young lad, deserves his chance.

Ok Hoolahan was poor yesterday along with a few others, but TBH i think Hoolahan is starting to slip away in this league, yes he is skillful, but he takes too much time, and gets himself into trouble, by trying to be clever, which is frustrating.

anyway, as I said iou all still wanna complain about the crap yesterday, then go and support Ipswich down the road, theyl be more than happy to have you there.

Onwards and Upwards.....

Classic, start a post today labelling the performance as poor and crap and moan about others saying the same.

Holier than thou? You bet he is!

PMSL.

Last time I checked this wasn''t a totalitarian regime where negative thoughts were censored. There is a point to be made that some posts may be over the top. But yesterday''s game was very winnable. This was not Manchester City away. This was a no show against a very average team.

[quote user="Barclay Trucker"]As the title says....

anyone that is winging because we are now out of the cup, go and support that other lot of crap down the road...

that was probably the 4-5 bad performance since Lord Lambert has been in charge, now im not being funny, it happens.

yesterday we was poor, and yes it cost me 55quid to go and watch such crap, for 5-10 mins after the game, i was upset, as would of liked a cup run... but as for you morons that are still complaining about it, get over it, its over, and we are 8th in the Premier League with Manchester Utd visiting Sunday.

Holt was rested, as Lambert clearly thought, that sundays game is bigger, and in my eyes yes it is.

Ruddy was rested, because Jed Steer was unbelievable at West Brom a few weeks back and the young lad, deserves his chance.

Ok Hoolahan was poor yesterday along with a few others, but TBH i think Hoolahan is starting to slip away in this league, yes he is skillful, but he takes too much time, and gets himself into trouble, by trying to be clever, which is frustrating.

anyway, as I said iou all still wanna complain about the crap yesterday, then go and support Ipswich down the road, theyl be more than happy to have you there.

Onwards and Upwards.....[/quote]Who the hell do you think you are telling people what they can say/think and who they should support, we were crap yesterday and if I want to say we were crap I will say it but I will still be there next week supporting the team as always.

Phyxius did you go to Man city away?

not trying to stoke the fire but Morison was just as poor against Kompany and Lescott and missed a sitter one on one at 0-0. I know it''s a completely different ball game with those two but Moro offered nothing that game too.

Was a fantastic game to watch though Clichy and Richards just basically stood on our 18 yard box for the entire game! Also great to get to do the poznan!

Didn''t get that at Tranmere or Yeovil away!

[quote user="Barclay Trucker"]what gets me tho is people still complaining about it...[/quote]

So were you about half an hour ago[;)]

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Phyxius did you go to Man city away?

not trying to stoke the fire but Morison was just as poor against Kompany and Lescott and missed a sitter one on one at 0-0. I know it''s a completely different ball game with those two but Moro offered nothing that game too.

Was a fantastic game to watch though Clichy and Richards just basically stood on our 18 yard box for the entire game! Also great to get to do the poznan!

Didn''t get that at Tranmere or Yeovil away![/quote]

My point is that nobody was expecting a result against Man City so their judgement of our performance was shifted accordingly. This forum tends towards a free for all at times. Very rarely are your opinions met with anything other than utter disdain and then your mental competence is called into question. Some people are just fickle.

[quote user="Phyxius"]Last time I checked this wasn''t a totalitarian regime where negative thoughts were censored. There is a point to be made that some posts may be over the top. But yesterday''s game was very winnable. This was not Manchester City away. This was a no show against a very average team.[/quote]

Actually this was not an "average" team.  Leicester have some very good players and have been a bit inconsistent this season.  They plainly played above themselves because they were playing a premiership team.     We needed to be on top of our game to beat them.  We weren''t so we got beaten.  That''s football.   Disappointing though it may be, these things happen in the cup.   

The vitriol some people have shown is based on the fact that they "expected" to win.   I even heard one of the players afterwards say "we expected to win".     If you expect something to happen and it doesn''t you are going to be doubly disappointed.      The success PL has had with us so far has been on the grounds that you don''t "expect" anything.   You treat each game on its merits and do your best to win, as I am sure the players did their best.      There are no easy matches and this one proved so.      The team selection was similar to earlier in the season when Holt and Surman weren''t featuring that much - a team that did ok, so it should have been good enough to win yesterday.  The fact that it didn''t is disappointing, but much of the vitriol afterwards is misplaced.

Great post lake district

I thought Leicester we''re full value for the win and even with Holt and Ruddy we would have been lucky and maybe got a draw which none of us wanted.

Any team who can spend 3m on a premier league striker is not poor! Just under performing and yesterday the turned it on and we didn''t. It happens.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"] Any team who can spend 3m on a premier league striker is not poor! .[/quote]

yeah righto a bit like Chelsea and Torres this season then is it?[:|]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Phyxius"]Last time I checked this wasn''t a totalitarian regime where negative thoughts were censored. There is a point to be made that some posts may be over the top. But yesterday''s game was very winnable. This was not Manchester City away. This was a no show against a very average team.[/quote]

Actually this was not an "average" team.  Leicester have some very good players and have been a bit inconsistent this season.  They plainly played above themselves because they were playing a premiership team.     We needed to be on top of our game to beat them.  We weren''t so we got beaten.  That''s football.   Disappointing though it may be, these things happen in the cup.   

The vitriol some people have shown is based on the fact that they "expected" to win.   I even heard one of the players afterwards say "we expected to win".     If you expect something to happen and it doesn''t you are going to be doubly disappointed.      The success PL has had with us so far has been on the grounds that you don''t "expect" anything.   You treat each game on its merits and do your best to win, as I am sure the players did their best.      There are no easy matches and this one proved so.      The team selection was similar to earlier in the season when Holt and Surman weren''t featuring that much - a team that did ok, so it should have been good enough to win yesterday.  The fact that it didn''t is disappointing, but much of the vitriol afterwards is misplaced.

[/quote]

Yet another poster still missing the point, if we had played Holt, Ruddy, Surman and Naughton and still lost then no one would be having this argument. Clearly it wasn''t seen to be as important to the club as it was to the fans. They got it wrong end of.

[quote user="Ernie"]Yet another poster still missing the point, if we had played Holt, Ruddy, Surman and Naughton and still lost then no one would be having this argument. Clearly it wasn''t seen to be as important to the club as it was to the fans. They got it wrong end of.[/quote]My problem wasn''t the players picked yesterday it was the way they performed, with the players that started the game we should have been able to win.

Ernie wrote:    "Yet another poster still missing the point, if we had played Holt, Ruddy, Surman and Naughton and still lost then no one would be having this argument. Clearly it wasn''t seen to be as important to the club as it was to the fans. They got it wrong end of."

No Ernie, you don''t get the point.     Leicester played above tthemselves to win the match.  We had a team out who didn''t play up to the level they are capable of.  End of.