Sign in to follow this  
Nicholls

You're a Disgrace!

Harry and Tottenham you''re f**king useless!! You''ve cost me 30 pounds down the pub for a game you clearly didn''t want to win. None of the players cared, as for defoe.. SELL HIM!... He''s a useless lazy tw*t! I mean Harry might as well have threw the game with that line up! With my tactical knowledge they''d have won 27-0.

Tottenham sit 3rd in the Premiership with a Manager being linked with England. Anyone see there performance/result today?

Just because Leicester are a division below us it doesn''t give us a divine right to win. People are acting like complete and utter idiots! I don''t care what anyone says no player goes out to have a bad game! I''m sorry do you expect the club to give a refund every time we lose?

Sh*t. Happens.

Ha Ha. What gets me is the people who have come on this board and said Lambert got it wrong yesterday.

No he didn''t. He put out a team with the Premier league as the season target. If Leicester had happened to roll over he would have taken that. They didn''t, so now for the rest of the season.

Lambert shrugs off Norwich City exit

03:30 PM 19 February, 2012

http://www.fansfc.com/story/39143.html

Paul Lambert has shrugged off Norwich City Football Club’s exit from the FA Cup.

The Canaries crashed out of the competition following a shock 2-1 home defeat to Championship side Leicester City on Saturday afternoon.

However, Lambert has shrugged off the defeat, insisting that the priority for him and his team this season has always been to retain their Premier League status.

"It (the cup defeat) will be a blessing in disguise if we stay in the league," he said. "No-one would pat us on the back if we got to the quarter-finals of the cup and got relegated.

"I don''t think the FA Cup is a discredited competition. But I wouldn''t have wanted to do well in the FA Cup and get relegated at the end of the season."

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Ha Ha. What gets me is the people who have come on this board and said Lambert got it wrong yesterday. No he didn''t. He put out a team with the Premier league as the season target. If Leicester had happened to roll over he would have taken that. They didn''t, so now for the rest of the season.[/quote]

Spot on BY. [Y]

What''s troubling me though is how well we did when we played West Brom in the cup, how excited Lambert was by that win.

Why was it that Paul Lambert said this when we beat Burnley? -

"To go through is the most important thing, but we dominated the game from start to finish.

"Burnley have been doing well in the Championship but, hopefully, we have moved on from last year when we had two really tough games against them.

"The Premier League does that to teams, with the level and the intensity you play at. It makes everybody step up to the plate and it was important nobody went below that."

Holt started both games.

People it seems don''t take criticism well, particularly when it is implied or stated of the manager or of individual team players but all they can criticise back are the fans who saw us put in strong performances of two sides but didn''t expect a different attitude from our manager and possibly players for this game.

Why was it important to go through from Burnley but not against Leicester?

I think the difference now is that it gets to the stage where games have to be moved, so far the cup matches have been on Cup weekends. It might not be an issue for the big sides but for us, having extra games could cause issues.

Yes we are almost safe, but until it is certain you take nothing for granted: for example, pre-season all many could talk about was our horrid run-in and how we needed to be safe with 5+ games to go. Well, that run in is still there, even if it doesn''t look as scary as it did given how we''ve done so far.

I get what people are saying who laud the cup, but it really has lost some of it''s sheen: all you have to do is look at the half empty stadia (except ours!) to witness this. It is something that it''d be great to win, but not at the expense of league form/place, if only for ££ reasons, and anyone who thinks otherwise is plain daft.

Most stupid post of the weekend?

Spurs were playing away (pitch looked poor stopping their passing game) against a lower division team who were going to be up for it more than ever!

We were playing at home (nothing stopping our passing game) against a team team 1 division below us who''s main aim is a play off place. We are as good as safe (everyone thinks so) so you can''t look at the spurs game as an extra excuse!

Had we done what Liverpool have done and gone with a very strong balanced team (we were too light weight in midfield yesturday) we would have possibly had a result like them. Well done liverpool they picked a strong team, and have a day less to rest and a bigger game next sunday!

p.s. this was the liverpool starting 11!

• 25 Reina
  • 02 Johnson
  • 03 Jose Enrique
  • 23 Carragher
  • 37 Skrtel
  • 08 Gerrard (Shelvey - 76'' )
  • 14 Henderson (Kuyt - 76'' )
  • 19 Downing (Maxi - 76'' )
  • 26 Adam
  • 07 Suarez
  • 09 Carroll

[quote user="Ruddygore"]What''s troubling me though is how well we did when we played West Brom in the cup, how excited Lambert was by that win.

Why was it that Paul Lambert said this when we beat Burnley? -

"To go through is the most important thing, but we dominated the game from start to finish.

"Burnley have been doing well in the Championship but, hopefully, we have moved on from last year when we had two really tough games against them.

"The Premier League does that to teams, with the level and the intensity you play at. It makes everybody step up to the plate and it was important nobody went below that."

Holt started both games.

People it seems don''t take criticism well, particularly when it is implied or stated of the manager or of individual team players but all they can criticise back are the fans who saw us put in strong performances of two sides but didn''t expect a different attitude from our manager and possibly players for this game.

Why was it important to go through from Burnley but not against Leicester?[/quote]Thanks Ruddygore for someone on this board who doesn''t always feel they have to praise Lambert et al come what may. What worries me is Lambert really thinks we could still get drawn into that relegation battle, does he really believe we can not get five or six points in remaining matches. It would have cost him little to have Holt on the bench even if he never intended to bring him on and  given a message to Leicester . And if you watched the Tottenham match it was like watching ours over again with a manager and team underperforming that have eyes elsewhere that is England and the Premiership Title

That''s alright CJ, along with worrying that what little old us say may have such an impact on Paul Lambert that he''ll get the hump and take the Wolves job because we are so ungrateful, what we have to bear in mind is that we have very low post counts and we do not know enough to be allowed an opinion, may possibly be Binners - sneaked on here to have a pop, or even worse - Glory Hunters who don''t know anything about football, the club or our players and that when we talk about Grant Huckerby we is talking sh1t.

Paul Lambert isn''t a fragile maiden aunt, he doesn''t scare like a thoroughbred horse at the sound of a cars horn because we have high expectations and that we got those from him. He has always said that the league was his priority and of course we should have known that playing in a debased cup competition shouldn''t be taken seriously. It''s purely the ticket paying fans who should have remembered this and not have remembered his pleasure at getting past Burnley and West Brom. We must know our place thats all.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Most stupid post of the weekend?

Spurs were playing away (pitch looked poor stopping their passing game) against a lower division team who were going to be up for it more than ever!

We were playing at home (nothing stopping our passing game) against a team team 1 division below us who''s main aim is a play off place. We are as good as safe (everyone thinks so) so you can''t look at the spurs game as an extra excuse!

Had we done what Liverpool have done and gone with a very strong balanced team (we were too light weight in midfield yesturday) we would have possibly had a result like them. Well done liverpool they picked a strong team, and have a day less to rest and a bigger game next sunday!

p.s. this was the liverpool starting 11!

• 25 Reina
  • 02 Johnson
  • 03 Jose Enrique
  • 23 Carragher
  • 37 Skrtel
  • 08 Gerrard (Shelvey - 76'' )
  • 14 Henderson (Kuyt - 76'' )
  • 19 Downing (Maxi - 76'' )
  • 26 Adam
  • 07 Suarez
  • 09 Carroll
  • [/quote]

This is a copy of my post on the thread "anyone complaining about the Leicester result is a moron":-

I''m a MORON!

If the qualification to be classified a Moron is dissatisfaction at the Norwich performance and result then I am a total and absolute moron. I can''t deny it I have to admit it. So perhaps I should assume all the people right who say the objective is to play as few games as possible in order to concentrate on just one priority, that taking on more than one competition will have such a detrimental effect that total failure is guaranteed. I will assume they''re right ''cos I don''t like being a moron.

Based on that assuption I am totally disgusted at Kenny Dalglish and his foolhardy approach to the Brighton game. Everyone knows Liverpools priority from the start of this season is a minimum of fourth place, that it is vital and essential to achieve that and total disater will ensue if it is not met. Everyone knows that Liverpool are now struggling to keep that fourth spot within their grasp and every league match from now on in is vital and of the upmost importance taking precedent over life itself. And what does he go and do? He goes and fields his strongest side he deemed will win the match. He failed to listen to those who said he should rest his important players and take opportunity to give fringe players and youth a run out and match experience, that his important players need rested because of the league and a cup final at Wembley just days away. The mans a bigger moron than I am, the only saving grace he has is that he didn''t give a s**t about the Norwich match whilst I did!

That mans an idiot, not only has he placed the league at risk but totally f****d up the chances of winning the Carling cup too. Does he not understand the modern game and how much footballers need rested and they can''t cope with the pressure of more than one priority at a time. He''s been away from football too long, that''s his trouble - He still thinks that "rested" means "dropped"!!!

At the end of the season, when Liverpool have only managed at best to scrape into 5th spot in the league and have only the Carling and FA Cup runs to show for their effort I''m going to write and tell him "WE TOLD YOU SO!".

Signed, a disgusted Moron

Liverpool (half the week)

Norwich (the rest of the week)

[quote user="Ruddygore"]That''s alright CJ, along with worrying that what little old us say may have such an impact on Paul Lambert that he''ll get the hump and take the Wolves job because we are so ungrateful, what we have to bear in mind is that we have very low post counts and we do not know enough to be allowed an opinion, may possibly be Binners - sneaked on here to have a pop, or even worse - Glory Hunters who don''t know anything about football, the club or our players and that when we talk about Grant Huckerby we is talking sh1t.

Paul Lambert isn''t a fragile maiden aunt, he doesn''t scare like a thoroughbred horse at the sound of a cars horn because we have high expectations and that we got those from him. He has always said that the league was his priority and of course we should have known that playing in a debased cup competition shouldn''t be taken seriously. It''s purely the ticket paying fans who should have remembered this and not have remembered his pleasure at getting past Burnley and West Brom. We must know our place thats all.[/quote]

Bitter and twisted![6]

well said if the players we had were brilliant every game they would

playing for a champions league side... they are not perfect but i love

the lads for what they have given us this year

[quote user="Ruddygore"]However, Lambert has shrugged off the defeat, insisting that the priority for him and his team this season has always been to retain their Premier League status.

"It (the cup defeat) will be a blessing in disguise if we stay in the league," he said. "No-one would pat us on the back if we got to the quarter-finals of the cup and got relegated.

"I don''t think the FA Cup is a discredited competition. But I wouldn''t have wanted to do well in the FA Cup and get relegated at the end of the season."[/quote]I hope Lambert doesn''t leave the club if I suggest that on this issue, Paul Lambert''s not being straight with the media (or alternatively, whistling to keep his spirits up - or alternatively, simply talking out of his arse.)No logic in playing pretty much full strength teams in the previous rounds and then, when we''re all but certain of staying in the Premier League this season with fantastic away wins at WBA & Swansea, putting out the dog''s breakfast of a team & tactics & motivation yesterday in a very winnable game.

[quote user="Smokebomb"]He changes the team for every game and we invariably do well, when we dont win it`s a dog`s breakfast! [/quote]"the dog''s breakfast of a team & tactics & motivation"It''s never just the team, it''s how they''re set up and how they play.  I was careful to make that point.

I should have known which way the wind was blowing yesterday when the dog''s breakfast was regurgitated onto the kitchen floor.

It''s a bugger getting you''re metaphors all mixed up.

Once the whistle goes it`s down to the players, the team he picked should have been good enough, on another day they may have had enough to win.

No sensible Norwich fan would expect us to have a devine right to win but it was the manner of the defeat that really was hard to take. The whole performance stank of of half heartedness, especially Steve Morison!

Constructive critiscism is not illegal, afterall its a free Country!

Not a disaster yesterday by any means but the next time the team decide they aren''t that worried about a cup game they should tell us hardy souls before we part with our cash!

Most stupid post of the week..? That''s rich coming from you Banana. Firstly where in my OP did I use the spurs game as an excuse? I was taking the p*ss. Secondly the pitch really wasn''t that bad.. If you want to talk "bad" pitches, remember league 1? Thirdly did you see the spurs line-up? I don''t care how "up for it" Stevenage were, Tottenham should have won easily. They didn''t, they just couldn''t get going today. These things happen, there''s no certainty''s in football.

On the team selection.. Yes Lambert got it wrong, there''s no shame in saying that. But the team that was out there, minus Steer, have all performed in the Premiership this season. I mean we dropped Holt for Morison, Morison a player that has started how many times this season? A player that cost how much in the summer? A player that scored how many goals in the Championship? It''s not as if we started with Wilbraham, It was hardly a massive shock.

On the team selection for Burnley and West Brom.. Do you honestly think Lambert and the players wanted to win them 2 games and suddenly decided against Leicester they didn''t fancy it? Do you honestly think any players turn up and decide to play badly? Loving winning & hating loosing is natural in every person. The team selections for both Burnley and WBA reflected on what our current ''league'' team was. Both times players were rested, I expected Morison to start.

Like I''ve said there''s nothing wrong with saying Lambert got it wrong, but some of the stuff being said on here is well beyond that and is "moronic" We can''t win every game.. and its a sure thing we''re not going to play brilliant football every game. There''s shocks in football results most weeks.

Get. Over. It.

[quote user="Nicholls"]Most stupid post of the week..? That''s rich coming from you Banana. Firstly where in my OP did I use the spurs game as an excuse? I was taking the p*ss. Secondly the pitch really wasn''t that bad.. If you want to talk "bad" pitches, remember league 1? Thirdly did you see the spurs line-up? I don''t care how "up for it" Stevenage were, Tottenham should have won easily. They didn''t, they just couldn''t get going today. These things happen, there''s no certainty''s in football.

On the team selection.. Yes Lambert got it wrong, there''s no shame in saying that. But the team that was out there, minus Steer, have all performed in the Premiership this season. I mean we dropped Holt for Morison, Morison a player that has started how many times this season? A player that cost how much in the summer? A player that scored how many goals in the Championship? It''s not as if we started with Wilbraham, It was hardly a massive shock.

On the team selection for Burnley and West Brom.. Do you honestly think Lambert and the players wanted to win them 2 games and suddenly decided against Leicester they didn''t fancy it? Do you honestly think any players turn up and decide to play badly? Loving winning & hating loosing is natural in every person. The team selections for both Burnley and WBA reflected on what our current ''league'' team was. Both times players were rested, I expected Morison to start.

Like I''ve said there''s nothing wrong with saying Lambert got it wrong, but some of the stuff being said on here is well beyond that and is "moronic" We can''t win every game.. and its a sure thing we''re not going to play brilliant football every game. There''s shocks in football results most weeks.

Get. Over. It.[/quote]I honestly believe the players got the message loud and clear the manager didn''t really care.  Friday''s interviewed pretty much told us that.

Lambert''s had that same attitude in both previous rounds. You can never read him in any of his interviews, this season more than ever he''s used the press to play mind games.

Every player wants to play at Wembely, every player out there wanted to win. For some reason nothing we done worked, credit to Leicester. It just wasn''t our day and it showed in the players attitude. Lets be honest more unusual things have happened.