Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Lambert was right to have a go at the moaners a couple of weeks ago!!

[quote user="Alex "]Bloody well said, SOB. I used to think it''d be the lure of a ''bigger'' club that would be the reason behind our SUPERB managers departure from NCFC. Now i realise i was wrong. It''ll be the supporters (or ''customers''?) that push out the greatest manager we''ve possibly ever seen with their reluctance to accept the odd poorer performance amongst the many OUTSTANDING performances. And to think our future looked so rosy... Here''s to welcoming back Glenn bloody Roeder this August...[/quote]Perfectly put Alex....Leicester (despite the current league standings) are just as big a club as we are.... and it''s time these fantasists got a grip and came to terms that we aren''t Manchester United..

I''ve yet to see anyone mention that we are as big or as good a club as Manchester United apart from you Cluck saying it here.

Just another example of how to hype an argument that doesn''t exist.

People aren''t disappointed by the result, we''ve lost before and to team in leagues lower than us. People are disappointed by what appeared to be a lack of trying, or a lack of effort in certain positions.

That isn''t trying to claim that we are a better team, a team as big as one of the top 6 or even that we have better players. However some of us "fantasists" believed we had a "big" team spirit. A bit of pride.

And where exactly did Cluck say we are not as ''good a club'' as Man United, Ruddygore?. He didn''t. The simple fact is we have team spirit like you wouldn''t believe, the other simple fact being as mere human beings you will occasionally get the odd blip where the performance is not up to our usual high standards - most normal people can comprehend that and move on to the next match without having to come on here ripping into a ''clueless'' Lambert - i would suggest that''s a little bit beyond being ''disappointed'' wouldn''t you?. ''Clueless'' i saw some armchair manager mention yesterday... HAHAHA! GIVE US ALL A FUCKING BREAK YOU PLONKER!. Doing an outstanding job for our fine club and city so am hoping our small minority of ''emotional fans'' don''t have one hissy fit too many and make him think ''Ungrateful twats - What''s the point? Have taken this job as far as i can''. Personally i''m happy to take the odd loss under his brilliant management and therefore have no need to get hysterical on the odd occasion we ''dont turn up''. OTBC

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="Alex "]Bloody well said, SOB. I used to think it''d be the lure of a ''bigger'' club that would be the reason behind our SUPERB managers departure from NCFC. Now i realise i was wrong. It''ll be the supporters (or ''customers''?) that push out the greatest manager we''ve possibly ever seen with their reluctance to accept the odd poorer performance amongst the many OUTSTANDING performances. And to think our future looked so rosy... Here''s to welcoming back Glenn bloody Roeder this August...[/quote]Perfectly put Alex....Leicester (despite the current league standings) are just as big a club as we are.... and it''s time these fantasists got a grip and came to terms that we aren''t Manchester United..[/quote]

Can I suggest you read the thread a bit more closely then Alex and play the ball not the man so to speak?

Here Cluck plainly attempts to paint a portrait of fantasists believing that we are Manchester United as demonstrated by the phrase " Got a grip and came to terms that we aren''t Manchester United".

My point was that I had not seen anyone say that they thought we were Manchester United and that this instance was the first time it had even been mentioned.

What I would say is that while I do not agree with Cluck here he has made many a valid point about the number of season tickets held and where was the opportunity for new fans, younger fans to pick up a "casual ticket" and be introduced to our great club (not quite as great as Manchester United though lol, no please don''t accuse me of hype haha).

Well yesterday was just one such occasion, as I believe I saw one poster on this board mention that he brought his young family to the game for the first time and maybe many others did too. Would they have been hooked by yesterdays performance? Maybe, maybe not. FA Cup games, all cup competition games are THAT opportunity for "casual fans" to get their chance. Its a point well made by Cluck but not the one about people claiming that we are Manchester United.

Read the thread next time eh Alex

''Not as good a club'' as Man Utd is certainly not my interpretation of the point that Cluck made - it was yours as you typed in your initial response, so i will not be reaching for the reading specs just yet, Ruddygore - perhaps it was just poorly worded on your part. I think his reference is to those bad losers who do not see the bigger picture of supporting our home city club, and perhaps, if they can''t handle the odd poor performance amongst the usual superb and highly committed performances then they''re best looking elsewhere (Barcelona? Though don''t they lose on occasions?). Personally, to me anyway, football''s not just about winning the Champions League every season - which is what would happen if we never had a bad day at the office eh?. Cluck and myself (and i would hope yourself) posted on here when the prawn sandwich brigade weren''t out in force and are obviously now delighted with what Paul Lambert is doing for our club, and equally in my opinion, our fine city these days. For the record, my first home match as a lad in the 80''s was a defeat - didn''t stop me supporting my home city club - i would hope that also to be the case with the casuals who turned up yesterday thinking because they paid their money (customers or supporters i ask?) they were guaranteed the other team wouldn''t play better than us on the day. Funny old game...

Oh you''re back then Alex? You must have signed up for the full course of 8 arguments then...

And your point is...? Anyone? Anyone?

No...lost on me I''m afraid. Defending a point made hyping an argument that didn''t exist and attacking one that pointed that out?... No, lost me there...a long time ago.

lol.

So in an attempt to get this thread back on track, we should all just applaud our manager regardless of the decisions he makes?

I remember that leading us in to troubled waters not so many years ago.

Take the twin imposters of praise and criticism with equal measure.

[quote user="Alex "]''Not as good a club'' as Man Utd is certainly not my interpretation of the point that Cluck made - it was yours as you typed in your initial response, so i will not be reaching for the reading specs just yet, Ruddygore - perhaps it was just poorly worded on your part. I think his reference is to those bad losers who do not see the bigger picture of supporting our home city club, and perhaps, if they can''t handle the odd poor performance amongst the usual superb and highly committed performances then they''re best looking elsewhere (Barcelona? Though don''t they lose on occasions?). Personally, to me anyway, football''s not just about winning the Champions League every season - which is what would happen if we never had a bad day at the office eh?. Cluck and myself (and i would hope yourself) posted on here when the prawn sandwich brigade weren''t out in force and are obviously now delighted with what Paul Lambert is doing for our club, and equally in my opinion, our fine city these days. For the record, my first home match as a lad in the 80''s was a defeat - didn''t stop me supporting my home city club - i would hope that also to be the case with the casuals who turned up yesterday thinking because they paid their money (customers or supporters i ask?) they were guaranteed the other team wouldn''t play better than us on the day. Funny old game...[/quote]

Did you even go?

Ps. Wasn''t this thread entitled "Lambert was right to have a go at the moaners a couple of weeks ago"?

So in an attempt to get this thread back on track, we should all just applaud our manager regardless of the decisions he makes?

I remember that leading us in to troubled waters not so many years ago.

Take the twin imposters of praise and criticism with equal measure.

[quote user="Ernie"]

[quote user="Alex "]''Not as good a club'' as Man Utd is certainly not my interpretation of the point that Cluck made - it was yours as you typed in your initial response, so i will not be reaching for the reading specs just yet, Ruddygore - perhaps it was just poorly worded on your part. I think his reference is to those bad losers who do not see the bigger picture of supporting our home city club, and perhaps, if they can''t handle the odd poor performance amongst the usual superb and highly committed performances then they''re best looking elsewhere (Barcelona? Though don''t they lose on occasions?). Personally, to me anyway, football''s not just about winning the Champions League every season - which is what would happen if we never had a bad day at the office eh?. Cluck and myself (and i would hope yourself) posted on here when the prawn sandwich brigade weren''t out in force and are obviously now delighted with what Paul Lambert is doing for our club, and equally in my opinion, our fine city these days. For the record, my first home match as a lad in the 80''s was a defeat - didn''t stop me supporting my home city club - i would hope that also to be the case with the casuals who turned up yesterday thinking because they paid their money (customers or supporters i ask?) they were guaranteed the other team wouldn''t play better than us on the day. Funny old game...[/quote]

Did you even go?

[/quote]Here we go.... the ''I was there'' snobbery in full flight......Grow up eh?

Sorry Ernie, no - I''m waiting for our next Champions League clash of course (which is where we should be at this moment in time under Lambert, right?). See you there me old mucker ;)

[quote user="Ruddygore"]

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="Alex "]Bloody well said, SOB. I used to think it''d be the lure of a ''bigger'' club that would be the reason behind our SUPERB managers departure from NCFC. Now i realise i was wrong. It''ll be the supporters (or ''customers''?) that push out the greatest manager we''ve possibly ever seen with their reluctance to accept the odd poorer performance amongst the many OUTSTANDING performances. And to think our future looked so rosy... Here''s to welcoming back Glenn bloody Roeder this August...[/quote]Perfectly put Alex....Leicester (despite the current league standings) are just as big a club as we are.... and it''s time these fantasists got a grip and came to terms that we aren''t Manchester United..[/quote]

Can I suggest you read the thread a bit more closely then Alex and play the ball not the man so to speak?

Here Cluck plainly attempts to paint a portrait of fantasists believing that we are Manchester United as demonstrated by the phrase " Got a grip and came to terms that we aren''t Manchester United".

My point was that I had not seen anyone say that they thought we were Manchester United and that this instance was the first time it had even been mentioned.

What I would say is that while I do not agree with Cluck here he has made many a valid point about the number of season tickets held and where was the opportunity for new fans, younger fans to pick up a "casual ticket" and be introduced to our great club (not quite as great as Manchester United though lol, no please don''t accuse me of hype haha).

Well yesterday was just one such occasion, as I believe I saw one poster on this board mention that he brought his young family to the game for the first time and maybe many others did too. Would they have been hooked by yesterdays performance? Maybe, maybe not. FA Cup games, all cup competition games are THAT opportunity for "casual fans" to get their chance. Its a point well made by Cluck but not the one about people claiming that we are Manchester United.

[/quote]Says the forum gang clingon who has an unhealthy obsession with Cluck....  [:D][:D][:D]You couldn''t make it up.

People are fed up because they took the opportunity to take their family to see the match and spend more money in the process.  That is clouding some of their judgement of the match.     It was poor yesterday by normal standards, as was the match at Sunderland.      We can''t win them all.  We have to accept defeat sometimes and say for whatever reason, Leicester were better on the day.    The side looked strong on paper, taking into account injuries and resting players, it just wasn''t our day.   Disappointing for all fans whether they were  at the match or not, we''ve all been there and know what it''s like.   Get over it folks and move on to the next match...............

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="Ruddygore"]

[/quote]Says the forum gang clingon who has an unhealthy obsession with Cluck....  [:D][:D][:D]You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]

Unlike you to not address the post Cluck.

Unhealthy Obsession? Yeah...like I''m stalking you....

Still does nothing to disprove the fact that you can''t hold a decent discussion but don''t break the habits of a lifetime eh?

[quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="Ruddygore"]

[/quote]Says the forum gang clingon who has an unhealthy obsession with Cluck....  [:D][:D][:D]You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]

Still does nothing to disprove the fact that you can''t hold a decent discussion but don''t break the habits of a lifetime eh?

[/quote]I see your avatar and don''t bother....Maybe you should try the same?

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="Ruddygore"]

[/quote]I see your avatar and don''t bother....Maybe you should try the same?[/quote]

When you''ve been caught out making your usuall BS statements and can''t argue your corner that''s probably your best option.

Makes a change from your mate who goes crying about post numbers. As if making umpteen thousands of mindless gibberish posts eer guaranteed intelligence...

Sob...sob...

I took my nephew yesterday and he absolutely loved it ! had to beat the little f*cker when he cheered Licester''s goal but he is only five ! So I do agree it was an opportunity to take kids who normally can''t go and I reckon we have another fan to the fold. Mind you had to cover his ears at the start of '' On The Ball '' !