Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

how tall is jed steer ?

[quote user="i''m spartacus"]Barely looks 6 ft but according to wikipedia he is nearly 6 ft 3"  ... looked like a little boy lost at times[/quote]

Yes and his selection sent a message throughout the team as to how important PL considered this fixture, for some reason, which I have difficulty deducing.

It was unfair to Jed, who must have felt the passion of the crowd behind him and must have felt under a lot of pressure. It was unfair to the fans and, in a way it was unfair to Ruddy, who seems to be revelling in it all nowadays and did not need resting.

I am more angry about yesterday than I have been about a game for as long as I can remember, because I feel we gave it away big time.

Myself and my messiah were not on the same wavelength yesterday.

He played in the previous round at West Brom and was raved about. Can see no reason why such a prospect shouldn''t be given a go in this sort of fixture.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="i''m spartacus"]Barely looks 6 ft but according to wikipedia he is nearly 6 ft 3"  ... looked like a little boy lost at times[/quote]

Yes and his selection sent a message throughout the team as to how important PL considered this fixture, for some reason, which I have difficulty deducing.

It was unfair to Jed, who must have felt the passion of the crowd behind him and must have felt under a lot of pressure. It was unfair to the fans and, in a way it was unfair to Ruddy, who seems to be revelling in it all nowadays and did not need resting.

I am more angry about yesterday than I have been about a game for as long as I can remember, because I feel we gave it away big time.

Myself and my messiah were not on the same wavelength yesterday.

[/quote]

I agree with every comment you have made! Such a shame. I paid good money to take my 6 year old who loves Grant Holt - now he cannot understand why he didn''t even get to see his hero. "But WHY Dad? If Grant Holt plays for Norwich City WHY wasn''t he there?"...

Kids don''t understand why someone decides that another person needs ''a rest'' do they?

Not tall enough.

Suspect Ruddy might have kept out the first goal which went in over Steer''s head.

Not tall enough.

Suspect Ruddy might have kept out the first goal which went in over Steer''s head.

Jeez now people are picking on Steer!!! How the hell did he look like a little boy lost or be at fault for the first goal!! what is wrong with some people!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Jeez now people are picking on Steer!!! How the hell did he look like a little boy lost or be at fault for the first goal!! what is wrong with some people!!!

[/quote]

Nobody is picking on Jed for God''s sake. The overall message is complimentary towards the kid. It is debateable as to whether Ruddy would have stood a better chance with their first goal in any case. I thgink not.

The essence of this post, for me, is that PL sent out the wrong message by picking a rookie ''keeper. To his own side, to Leicester City and to the fans.

To say that he was picked because of his performance against WBA fails to ring a bell with me. I wasn''t fussy over that game. Yesterday''s game was a round forward and we had, in the meantime, picked up that crucial six points in the League.

It was a completely different scenario, played out appallingly in front of 25, 000 disappointed fans (x £25 per person.) 

Not tall enough is what I thought!

I hope the boy Steer comes through but his presence in the team sent out the wrong message as well as Holt not playing!

I also think Steers inclusion weakened our defence and we looked dodgy defending corners which led to Leicesters goal!

Constructive critiscism nothing more before all the "you can''t slag him cause hes only young" police come out but ultimately yesterdays performance and the stench of half heartedness was hard to take!