Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh dear, we're still 8th in the PREMIER League.

Not often I think First Wiz is bang on but in this case I have to say well done...Bang On!People need to calm themselves down a little.

Maintaining Prem status was always key this season but having virtually done that already it does seem that we won''t get a better chance for a tilt at the cup for at least the next few years.  So it''s a bit disappointing, but certainly not the end of the world as it''s being painted on some threads here.

The point isn''t that we lost. The point is that we put out a half-arsed lightweight midfield, and that the substitutes after 60 minutes (which is normally where Lambert grabs the game by the scruff of the neck) merely conceded defeat.The point is that people paid good money for THAT

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Some twits on here need a reality check.

We lost, move on........ its Man U next.[Y]

[/quote]

Oh, do piss off Wiz.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Some twits on here need a reality check.

We lost, move on........ its Man U next.[Y]

[/quote]

Oh, do piss off Wiz.

People paid a lot of good money during 2006-7, 2007-8, and 2008-9.  Sometimes the team don''t perform and/or get outplayed.  From some of the reaction, I wonder if the same complacency our team apparently displayed was shared by the supporters who all turned up expecting an easy victory and are now angry because their hopes were maybe unrealistically high.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"].............and I paid £26.50 for that utter crap[/quote]Such is life. Supporting your team is about taking the rough with the smooth. Swallow it and move on, there''s always next week.OTBC.Well said Wiz. City haven''t turned into a poor side overnight and we''ve seen far more good games than bad in the last three years.C''mon you Yellers

[quote user="Icecream Snow"].............and I paid £26.50 for that utter crap[/quote]I think that''s exactly why many are unhappy adding the price of the kids.  It''s easier to shrug the defeat off if you didn''t go.  Like the last old dear on canary call, yeah thanks love thanks for the pep talk but you just didn''t fork out £50 for it.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]The point isn''t that we lost. The point is that we put out a half-arsed lightweight midfield, and that the substitutes after 60 minutes (which is normally where Lambert grabs the game by the scruff of the neck) merely conceded defeat.The point is that people paid good money for THAT[/quote]

Welcome to the premier league!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]People paid a lot of good money during 2006-7, 2007-8, and 2008-9.  Sometimes the team don''t perform and/or get outplayed.  From some of the reaction, I wonder if the same complacency our team apparently displayed was shared by the supporters who all turned up expecting an easy victory and are now angry because their hopes were maybe unrealistically high.[/quote]yes yes yes, we''re talking about 2012 not 6 years ago.  And how it looked, the club didn''t take it seriously, it seems they''re more bothered about Manure next week, which fans will be less fussed if we lose that.

The trouble is that it isn''t the disappointment of playing well and losing to a better team, it''s the disappointment that seems to affect me when I have a sneaking feeling that we just weren''t trying.

I try to ignore the feeling, I try to be positive but comparing being in the top half of the Premier League with losing a game in a cup competition that still has all the magic it has always held for me just isn''t doing it.

Some of you need to allow us depressives a bit longer time than you need to get over it.

Meanwhile First Wiz.....Do one.

Finishing 8th or even 2nd in the Premiership does not get you a major trophy , we have never even been in a FA Cup final and with our league position safe and a defeat more than likely next weekend i believe most supporters would have liked to see a full team give it a real go today .

[quote user="Lisa Ate All The Bread Again"]Finish 8th and out in the fifth round, or stay up on goal difference and win the cup?

Cup every time for me, nevermind Lambert I forgive you.[/quote]Finishing 8th instead of 17th is worth an extra £7 million or so.Winning the Cup you might make £3 million tops.It''s all about the money these days I''m afraid......

[quote user="Ruddygore"]The trouble is that it isn''t the disappointment of playing well and losing to a better team, it''s the disappointment that seems to affect me when I have a sneaking feeling that we just weren''t trying. I try to ignore the feeling, I try to be positive but comparing being in the top half of the Premier League with losing a game in a cup competition that still has all the magic it has always held for me just isn''t doing it. Some of you need to allow us depressives a bit longer time than you need to get over it. Meanwhile First Wiz.....Do one.[/quote]

Hmm?..... Err?....NO.    

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Don''t give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings![/quote]

Double wow.

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lisa Ate All The Bread Again"]Finish 8th and out in the fifth round, or stay up on goal difference and win the cup? Cup every time for me, nevermind Lambert I forgive you.[/quote]

Finishing 8th instead of 17th is worth an extra £7 million or so.

Winning the Cup you might make £3 million tops.

It''s all about the money these days I''m afraid......
[/quote]

Sadly this is so, it doesn''t make it right but thats football these days.

To managers like PL and Alex Ferguson, it''s always about the next game.    The priority is the league.  The next game is MU.   That has been PL''s thinking since last Saturday.   It must be, otherwise he would have played his strongest team today.

I am sure he is being honest when he says he put out a team to win today, but plainly, success this season is based on the premier league.  PL''s and NCFC''s credentials this season will stand on how well we do in the Prem.     If we finish 8th instead of 9th, actually that is quite a big deal.  

Yes, we would all like to have won today, but actually at the end of the season, this result will have been forgotten in the euphoria of a successful season in the prem league.   Then it''s preparation for next season and trying to do even better - with a stronger squad again next season, we may do even better in the cup too.

Roll on next Sunday...................

[quote user="lake district canary"]

To managers like PL and Alex Ferguson, it''s always about the next game.    The priority is the league.  The next game is MU.   That has been PL''s thinking since last Saturday.   It must be, otherwise he would have played his strongest team today.

I am sure he is being honest when he says he put out a team to win today, but plainly, success this season is based on the premier league.  PL''s and NCFC''s credentials this season will stand on how well we do in the Prem.     If we finish 8th instead of 9th, actually that is quite a big deal.  

Yes, we would all like to have won today, but actually at the end of the season, this result will have been forgotten in the euphoria of a successful season in the prem league.   Then it''s preparation for next season and trying to do even better - with a stronger squad again next season, we may do even better in the cup too.

You are sooooo wrong on so many levels I dont even know where to begin

[/quote]

[quote user="Ernie"][quote user="lake district canary"]

You are sooooo wrong on so many levels I dont even know where to begin

In fact why do you even follow football?

[/quote][/quote]