Sign in to follow this  
lobstercatcher2

Rubbish,disgraceful,embarrassing,slow.......will never go again!!!!

[quote user="lobstercatcher2"]Did anyone else go in the new place on riverside that replaced west coast for a prematch meal[/quote]

I believe your referring to West Coast which is opposite Weatherspoons?

I took mum there for a "quick" bite to eat before the match as when i usually go there the service is quite swift and a pleasant experience.

What i then experienced in the next 90 minutes was worse than the defeat at Leicester.

Drinks alone took over 15 minutes to arrive, and even then they ballsed up the order when i asked for a cappuccino and a pepsi and received a twinnings tea and a pepsi.

The food order took at least 45 minutes to arrive.

People who had ordered food were walking due to the amount of time taken. A couple of lads on another table had to ask one of the staff THREE times about the status of their order and they had ordered before i even arrived.

Im sure another couple walked out without paying as at this time the restaurant was been overtaken by a group of Leicester fans.

The bill then took 10 minutes to arrive as by then all the members of staff were close to suicide. To then put the icing on the cake they then had the cheek to ask what the service was like!

Last week i was at a restaurant in Guildford and fire alarm was set off (faulty). The fire brigade were called in and the problem was sorted within 20 minutes. Obviously the food took a while to arrive but the owners had the decency to offer me and my friends a round of free drinks and knocked off a few pound off the bill.

West Coast did nothing!

What the OP stated in the title of the thread was 100% correct.

I can''t believe people are posting threads like this after one bad meal experience.  That manager was at Morley''s a couple of years ago before joining West Coast and since then he''s taken them from The Larkman to a respectable position within Riverside, and because of one poor meal experience where he tried a couple of younger members of staff and changed the rota round a bit, people are calling for a boycott?  It makes me ashamed to be a fast food fan sometimes [:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="lobstercatcher2"]Did anyone else go in the new place on riverside that replaced west coast for a prematch meal[/quote]

isn''t it still called West Coast then??

Hold on people, apart from the OP, you have all complained about West Coast.  The place doesn''t exist anymore, it''s been changed to something which is supposed to be like a classic pub.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Hold on people, apart from the OP, you have all complained about West Coast.  The place doesn''t exist anymore, it''s been changed to something which is supposed to be like a classic pub.
[/quote]

I noticed on Saturday as we walked past that it now has a traditional pub name the name of which has escaped me.West Coast has gone.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Hold on people, apart from the OP, you have all complained about West Coast.  The place doesn''t exist anymore, it''s been changed to something which is supposed to be like a classic pub.[/quote]

I noticed on Saturday as we walked past that it now has a traditional pub name the name of which has escaped me.West Coast has gone.

[/quote]We never got a chance to say goodbye [:''(]

The bar/restaurant mentioned in this thread has been rebranded as a "traditional pub" and is now called The Bridge Tavern. They have various large boards and signs on display proclaiming words along the lines of: best pub experience in town, best value food, good selection of hand-pulled ales etc. I haven''t bought anything in the pub yet, but I walked in to take a look and I will now make the following observations: 

Where are the hand-pulled ales? All I could see were lagers and your common or garden fizzy beers. YUK!

As far as I could tell the items on the menu were almost entirely more expensive than Spoons - which as you know is a short chundering distance away. Surely if you''re trying to compete with a similar product to a leviathan of a pub company such as Spoons, you have a few meals on the menu at least as cheap, if not cheaper than their offering - and you have a selection of real ales available too. Simples.

The place that used to be west coast was a clue in the orignal post......it has been renamed and rebranded.It is now serving (or attempting too)the same kind of food as wetherspoons.It was a complete shambles saturday ,not the staff''s fault to be honest though at the time i was really peed off and let them have it both barrels.The manager came and saw us apologised for getting 2 out of 4 meals wrong no forks on the table no salt or pepper and enough chips to feed an ant.......oh yeh and the 60 minute wait.To his credit he did only charge us £10 (including 2 pints,a wine and a coke) and asked us to please come back when they are up and running better.We have used this place for the last 3 years and will be giving it another chance,contary to my orignal post now i have calmed down