Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Wilbraham was better than Morison

Never have I seen a performance so lazy by a Norwich player, Morison didn''t look like scoring in a million years today, he didn''t close down the defenders unlike Simeon Jackson who''s performance was a rare highlight in a poor team performance. I was sceptical when Wilbrahamovic came on yet within 5 minutes he did what Morison did all game, he looked sharp and threatened the Leicester defence with a good first touch and shot.

Anouther poor decision was not putting Holt on the bench when as far as I know he was not injured, making it look like Lambert didn''t view this game with any importance.

Also how the hell is Hoolahan captain? He was incredibly selfish today with several wasteful shots and he hardly looked like he was "leading" the team.

Completely agree, he was brilliant today when he

came on he got a lot of important flick ons and looked menacing, definately deserves his place on the bench, not too sure about starting him in front of holt/Jackson atm, credit to him for not giving up and lambert for playing him, hope the critics lay off him!

I''ve said it on many occasions this season. Morison doesnt work for the team and his attitude sucks. Yes, he''s scored some important goals but he offers very little else to the team. No way in hell does Holt let St Ledger win that header for one nil, moro didn''t even go for it, just let St Ledger have at it. Awful. He is the one player at this club I really dislike at the moment. I don''t mind if a player is crap, as long as they will run through brick walls for the team, Morison wouldnt run through a Walls Vienetta.

I wonder whether today was Morison''s last chance to buck himself up.  I actually thought PL would start with Wilbo, as he has been lively  and maybe deserved a start.    Having seen the match, I wish he had started with Wilbo.    

Morison doesn''t have what Holt has - good all round game - and he looks poor in comparison to Holt.   He may be struggling to find his confidence as a result of this. 

Wilbraham looked good when he came on.   Hope he gets more chances.

Wilbraham was excellent again today. If he could get a few goals under his belt it would do him the world of good, because aside from scoring, he is doing everything else right at the moment. Wilbraham was better than Moro by a country mile today, but then again Holt''s performance sitting in the stand was more productive than Moro.

I would rather have Wilbraham playing than Morison, he gives 100% everytime he is on the pitch unlike Morison who won''t run or challange for a lose ball and doesn''t look interested unless the ball is played to his feet or planted on his head.

"Anouther poor decision was not putting Holt on the bench when as far

as I know he was not injured, making it look like Lambert didn''t view

this game with any importance."

Why was it a poor decision, Lambert doesnt view this game as being as important as the Prem, he said thatbefore the game kicked off so why the surprise.

"Also how the hell is Hoolahan captain? He was incredibly selfish

today with several wasteful shots and he hardly looked like he was

"leading" the team."

Do you not think that Wes is a worthy captain for our team?

Wilbers first touch and control is very good - he actually looks like a player full of confidence, but just needs the goals he deserves to back up his great work. Does not deserve the childish stick he gets from some quarters.

[quote user="Largey24"]Wilbers first touch and control is very good - he actually looks like a player full of confidence, but just needs the goals he deserves to back up his great work. Does not deserve the childish stick he gets from some quarters.[/quote]

Yeah I must admit I was pleasantly suprised at how well he played yesterday, the way he brought one down from over his shoulder and how he skinned two of their players was pretty special. Also, did anyone else notice him chip Ruddy in the shooting practice? He seems to be a bit of a favourite with the other lads too, a very handy player to have around the club in my opinion.

Wilbraham is a decent player, I''ve known that from seeing him play before he joined Norwich. However, the guy has never been a prolific goalscorer and that wasn''t likely to change with him playing at an even higher level.

He tries to play the right way though and he does his best to help his team mates out. As has already been suggested, he is meant to be a bit of a character and a very popular squad member.

Steve Morison is definitely a more dangerous player but he''s not particularly great at combining with his midfielders and fellow fowards, he''s not always as neat and tidy as he could be. His general approach to the game isn''t going to do him any favours with the fans - especially when things aren''t going well. He doesn''t always appear to play with a lot of conviction but then maybe appearances are deceptive.

Wilbraham was better than Morison, Jackson, Vaughan, Hoolahan, Bennett, Pilkington, Russell Martin, Barnett and Steer yesterday.  I still wouldn''t give him 5 mins on the pitch against Man Utd though.

i love wilbraham because when he is on the pitch alot of people (including myself) give him stick and i always hope he scores because it will be hilarious, he is one of my favorite players because he always makes me laugh(not because he is bad, just because he looks stupid) my happiest moment last season was when he scored against leciester.

[quote user="J.Warman"]i love wilbraham because when he is on the pitch alot of people (including myself) give him stick and i always hope he scores because it will be hilarious, he is one of my favorite players because he always makes me laugh(not because he is bad, just because he looks stupid) my happiest moment last season was when he scored against leciester.[/quote]

Your attitude stinks.     You  say "give Wilbraham stick".   You say "he looks stupid".   Call yourself a fan?    

Imo you''re the one that looks stupid.  

Morison seems to have the same attitude problem that Chris Martin has.

It''s not that it''s an especially bad attitude, but i just don''t think it''s an attitude that fits the Lambert philosophy. He''s not the sort of player to get his head down and see out a spell out of the side and work his way back in to the manager''s thinking. This is exactly what Holt did earlier in the season, and now look at him.

I can''t and don''t see Morison doing the same thing, and ditto Martin. They seem more likely to get arsey, feel victimised and blame others when not in the team, rather than just get his head down and get on with it. Morison will never work his way back in to the side if he can''t learn to do this. Chris Martin the same which is a crying shame because he is talented.

[quote user="J.Warman"]i love wilbraham because when he is on the pitch alot of people (including myself) give him stick and i always hope he scores because it will be hilarious, he is one of my favorite players because he always makes me laugh(not because he is bad, just because he looks stupid) my happiest moment last season was when he scored against leciester.[/quote]

Unbelievable!!! How old are you? If you are more than 14 then you should be ashamed

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Wilbraham was better than Morison, Jackson, Vaughan, Hoolahan, Bennett, Pilkington, Russell Martin, Barnett and Steer yesterday.  I still wouldn''t give him 5 mins on the pitch against Man Utd though.[/quote]

Wilbraham did well and certainly compared favourably with morison but if you are seriously suggesting that he did better than Bennett who was our best player by a long way or even Martin or Hoolahan then I do question either your eyesight or your rationality.

The bloke sitting behind me did nothing but moan about Wilbraham and kept asking how many goals he''s scored this season and therefore why was he on the pitch, but I thought he did more in half an hour than Morison did in his sixty minutes. That said I''d start with Holt & Morison on Sunday.

You have to suspect that Morison will be up for Man Utd. That''s the kind of player he (so far) seems to be. Can''t get up for a cup tie v lower league opposition or more run of the mill premier league matches.

Compare and contrast Holt v Burnley.

[quote user="a1canary"]You have to suspect that Morison will be up for Man Utd. That''s the kind of player he (so far) seems to be. Can''t get up for a cup tie v lower league opposition or more run of the mill premier league matches. Compare and contrast Holt v Burnley.[/quote]

Would be surprised to see Morison in team for MU.    Suspect he might be down the pecking order at the moment.  After -  Holt, Jackson, Vaughan and dare I say Wilbraham , whose attitude when he came on was excellent on Saturday. 

Who dares to second guess Lambert''s team selections these days!

I''ll stick my neck out though and guess that Morison might be the type of player that Lambo expects to give the likes of Evans a tricky time.