Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Team vs Manure.

Time to move on from yesterday and look forward to the Manure game. My team would be assuming Whitbread, Ayala, Howson and Tierney are still unfit..

Ruddy

Naughton Martin Ward Drury (Tierney if fit)

Bennett Fox Johnson Surman

Holt Jackson

I would play Pilks instead of Bennet, but otherwise agree.  If we win he will be a genius, if we lose there will be plenty of morons on here  ready to slag him off.

[quote user="Smokebomb"]I would play Pilks instead of Bennet, but otherwise agree.  If we win he will be a genius, if we lose there will be plenty of morons on here  ready to slag him off.
[/quote]

Is "moron" the word of the week? It does seem to have been rather over-used on this Board of late and innacurately that. Chambers is a good dictionary.

Pilks instead of benno?!?!? are you all mad!

Pilks was bloody hopeless vs leicester unlike benno who got back and did try to make things happen.

Not sure naughton would like to face nani on his own.

[quote user="Smokebomb"]Just tapping into the vernacular [:)]
[/quote]

Well there might be one or two on here with an IQ of less than 70 but most of us are fairly average in that respect and I doubt would be critical of Lambert if we lose next week. Yesterday was an entirely different matter, for me anyhow.

I dont remember people calling Nigel Worthington a genius the last time we beat Man Utd , we have beaten them many times before (even in meaningless cup matches ) .

[quote user="lake district canary"]

For me it has to be the team that played at Swansea.  

Strongest footballing team on paper and it showed in that match. 

Return to league form and give them a real run for their money.

[/quote]

I would go with that but I think a midfield of Pilks, Bennett, Surman and Fox would get overun by Man Utd.  I think I would go with Fox and Johnson in the middle just to give us a little bit more of a physical presence.

I also don''t know about defence.  I hope Whitbread is fit but if he''s not I would play Martin and Ward ahead of Barnett and Ward.

Assuming Whitbread is still injured I would go with...

Ruddy

Naughton           Martin         Ward         Drury

Bennett               Fox            Johnson      Pilkington/Surman (can''t decide)

Holt         Jackson

My 1st thought is that Steve Morison should take on the same role Holt had on Saturday!

Team that played Swansea would be a good one I think cause while it may leave us a little open we''d give ManU problems when we attacked them!

Not sure why you were so keen to "move on" but with regard to team selection for the Man Utd game I think we should take a leaf out of Lambert''s book. Objectively, there is a low probability of Norwich gaining any points from the Man Utd match. Premiership survival is paramount. We have winnable games after the Utd match away at Stoke and Wigan. Therefore, it follows logically that we should rest talisman striker Holt because not only would he benefit physically from a protracted rest but , and I read this on this MB, mentally he needs a break too. And whilst we are at it, why not rest goalkeeper Ruddy, Naughton and Surman too. Of course, we can still put out out a pretty decent side and there''s no reason to believe that the morale of the players selected would in anyway be adversely selected by the decision to treat the match as dispensable.