Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Our most expensive signing under Lambert

title is pretty self-explanatory, just wondering who has been our most expensive signing under PL. I know most deals seems to be undisclosed but number do tend to get thrown about. I beleive Morrison was around £2.7M? and Bennet £3.2M (inc add ons)? Is that right, does that make Bennet the most expensive signing? If so i am confident he was not just bought for the future and to sit on the bench, he may be young but so is one of our starting CBs Ayala, and he only cost £800,000.

Perhaps people could also let us know of any cheap signings Lambert has made that have proved very astute, i think i am right in saying R Martin cost around £50,000

This site provides some useful information (albeit Bennett doesn''t seem to be on there...)

[url]http://www.transferleague.co.uk/agent-fees/norwich-city.html[/url]

The site is a load of bull in most cases, look at James Vaughan for example, we didnt get him on a free! Along with David Fox and Andrew Crofts who theyve also got down as free! The ones on there are only predicted in most cases as well or what has came in out in the press which we already know.

Martin i thought was between 50 and 100k

But each promotion activated a clause in his deal whereby Peterborough then got an extra 100k for each one so he cost us 250k in total.. Still amazing business!

The problem is you are dealing with rough figures.

I would go further and ask a rough valuation of the squad or teamsheet.

Most have been bargins even not Lambert players.

Drury has been solid for us for a decade. Am I right in saying he cost around £400k?

Whitbread wasnt that expensive, nor was Holt or Hoolahan.

Fox was something under £100k.

Johnson was free. Ayala £800k. Our forward players cost the most.

Bennet, Pilkington, Morrison, Vaughan all costing more than £1million.

Surman is another you will never get a fixed value on. Some say what Wolves paid for him whilst others say around £750k.

Isn''t it Ryan Bennett?

Swansea''s offer was supposed to be 3m +1.5m in add-ons and ours according to a Welsh paper was £3.5 rising to 5.5m. Not sure how they''d know our offer but I''d guess they have good sources on Swansea and we probably bid a similar amount. 4.5m inc add-ons would make him our most expensive Lambert signing... hope he''s good

Not being a german speaker i went on translate this means health? explain sorry?

[quote user="BW"]Not being a german speaker i went on translate this means health? explain sorry?[/quote]

Just trying to be funny BW, like you say, it means ''health''!   Nothing personal, just my daft sense of humour.

Ryan Bennetts brother in law works for my dad and the total cost of the Bennett deal could rise to 5.5 million with add ons, don''t know what these add ons are but would imagine its England call ups etc, hence why Barry Fry was so delighted with the deal I guess!!!  Things aren''t always crystal clear, remember when we signed Safri for 500k and it later emerged it was actually just over a million.

If Ryan Bennett is potentially costing us £5.5m, would that not make him the all-time record signing, not just under Lambert? I remember when we sold Chris Sutton for £5m it set a new transfer record; I don''t remember us spending that kind of money on anyone in the intervening years?

[quote user="Mahogany"]Isn''t it Ryan Bennett? Swansea''s offer was supposed to be 3m +1.5m in add-ons and ours according to a Welsh paper was £3.5 rising to 5.5m. Not sure how they''d know our offer but I''d guess they have good sources on Swansea and we probably bid a similar amount. 4.5m inc add-ons would make him our most expensive Lambert signing... hope he''s good[/quote]

£3.2m seems to be the figure