Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

Cup game more expensive than Prem

Still disappointed about yesterdays game as I''m watching Spurs and Stevenage and thinking what might have been. The club charged more for a ticket than a premiership game. How? My season ticket averages out at slightly less than £25. If your not going to pick the best players then how can justify the ticket price. What sort have message does it send out to the players when the manager doesn''t take it seriously. No wonder we delivered the performance we did. I''m not angry with you Lambert just disappointed!

Yesterdays game was priced as high as the club could get away with cause they know they can because the demand exceeds the supply!

In all honesty yesterdays non performance would have been an insult at £10 for adults and £5 concessions!

Didn''t sit in my usual comfy and snug season ticket seat, preferring instead, to take a pew in the Jarrold....

£25.00 to get cold and wet and witness a dire cup performance.....Well worth it.....

Still, that''s football.....

You total clown it was not more than a Premiership ticket, it was more than the price of an individual match as part of your season ticket! Twenty five pounds is still less than most matches from last season and even the season before. Were you expecting to pay fifteen pounds in the Semi''s because its the Cup?

The manager is the only person who decides who the best players are. We clearly do not have a ''best 11'' this term as players are clearly picked according to the opposition.

FFS I''m quite bemused as to how many of you are reacting like total muppets to yesterday. You should all take stock of where are club is at the moment and stop winging! It''s fans like you that really put me off visiting Carrow Road..

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Didn''t sit in my usual comfy and snug season ticket seat, preferring instead, to take a pew in the Jarrold....

£25.00 to get cold and wet and witness a dire cup performance.....Well worth it.....

Still, that''s football.....

[/quote]

What no free programme,tea and biscuits or state of the art TV to watch Mello ? [;)]

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]You total clown it was not more than a Premiership ticket, it was more than the price of an individual match as part of your season ticket! Twenty five pounds is still less than most matches from last season and even the season before. Were you expecting to pay fifteen pounds in the Semi''s because its the Cup?

The manager is the only person who decides who the best players are. We clearly do not have a ''best 11'' this term as players are clearly picked according to the opposition.

FFS I''m quite bemused as to how many of you are reacting like total muppets to yesterday. You should all take stock of where are club is at the moment and stop winging! It''s fans like you that really put me off visiting Carrow Road..[/quote] did you go yesterday brighton?

Yes I did. I thought we were decent enough, just unable to get the right passes together in key areas. This happens sometimes unfortunately. This happened several times earlier in the season and we have largely improved on this.

I truly cant understand people winging about paying 25 quib for yesterday. On another hand we have people moaning because the Cup''s are becoming devalued. Can''t have it both ways...

As I understood things the ticket price is 1 of the reasons why there was a delay in being able to buy them. I heard that NCFC wanted to charge similar prices to the previous rounds but Leicester wanted the price to be higher as they get a cut with it being FAC.

Brighton Yellow it is safe to say we have 2000 home seats at premiership prices, the rest of us pay slighty less than the cup price. Divided between 19 matches that is the premiership price for 22000 people. I''m sure our best 11 would have Grant Holt in the team. ''Fans like you'' Is that fans who are disappointed when we lose an FA Cup 5th tie at home to a lower league opposition having only got the quarter finals 6 times before because they didn''t play their strongest team? Holt Surman and Ruddy should have been playing. Simple as that!

Brighton, Lambert devalued the cup yesterday by letting Holt take the kids swimming and then we get charged £25. As I said it''s more than I normally pay, we don''t want it both ways we want the best team played at all times, that''s what we pay to see!

Holt is one player. It is very questionable to say that one player would have made a difference.

Why do you consider that a Cup game should cost less than your season ticket?

Correct me if I''m wrong..

We wanted to price the tickets a lot cheaper, but with Leicester being entitled to 50% of the gate receipts they wanted to up the price. That''s why tickets took so long to come on sale, because we couldn''t settle on a price..

What annoyed me most about Yesterday and the dire performance, is Lambert''s attitude. He knows there will be over 26000 people there paying £25, and yet he admits he won''t play a full strength side because the League is more important, but to be honest, even if we lost every game till the end of the season, we would probably stay up, surely he could have taken it more seriously than he did? If the fans said ''we won''t go to the cup game, as all we care about is the League'' Lambert would moan, but that is virtually what he did! They have taken us for a ride again in a cup game! (like the MK Dons and Orient games etc!)

Lesson learnt. Next season Listen to the cup games on the radio.

I have both home and away season tickets but didn''t go to the game as I feared we wouldn''t be playing a full side. Very sad, we''ve still never made an FA Cup final and can''t expect to if we don''t take the cup seriously.

Whilst the Premier League is far more important, with 35 points on the board, I think we should have given it a real go especially as it was another sell out.

["Brighton Yellow"]Holt is one player. It is very questionable to say that one player would have made a difference.

Why do you consider that a Cup game should cost less than your season ticket?

I think 2 players would have made the difference, Ruddy and Holt.

We''d of been more secure at the back and wouldn''t of looked so wobbly when defending corners which led to Leicesters goal.

Upfront the dodgy looking Leicester defence would have been put under more pressure by a targetman striker (Holt) who actually wanted to be out there and Holt would have chased lost causes!

Jed Steer was our Man of the Match against West Brom in the last round without his performance we would not have been playing Leicester at all. I honestly don''t think the inclusion of Ruddy would have made any difference at all.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Did we fill the ground? Yes so it was priced correctly. However I won''t be attending a cup game ever again until Lambert does take it seriously if he ever does.[/quote]

That shows it wasn''t priced correctly as it has affected future sales i won''t go a number of others won''t go in the future. I expect they may find it hard to sell out next year in the early stages if we have a lower league team and that is based fundamentally on past performances and the fact we all know Lambert will put out a crap team. Still furious if i am honest about this charade. Mcnally out i say i think he is to blame for this he clearly calls the shots.

I don''t know why some fans think that paying a set amount entitles them to a set standard of game.Whether we win 5-0, get hammered 7-1 or simply draw 0-0, the ticket price is the same despite the performance potentially being totally different in each of those examples - That''s just football.Your entry fee to watch doesn''t guarantee anything in regards to a result or performance.It was clear beforehand that PL didn''t value the game as much as the league and that some players would be rested, but he still put out a good side even if it wasn''t an arguable ''first XI'', and the reaction so far has been so OTT it''s unreal.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I don''t know why some fans think that paying a set amount entitles them to a set standard of game.

Whether we win 5-0, get hammered 7-1 or simply draw 0-0, the ticket price is the same despite the performance potentially being totally different in each of those examples - That''s just football.

Your entry fee to watch doesn''t guarantee anything in regards to a result or performance.

It was clear beforehand that PL didn''t value the game as much as the league and that some players would be rested, but he still put out a good side even if it wasn''t an arguable ''first XI'', and the reaction so far has been so OTT it''s unreal.
[/quote]

Two points. There is a difference between not valuing a Cup game quite as much as a League game and not giving a damn. Lambert plainly didn''t didn''t give a damn. Secondly, many fans have to decide pretty much once the draw is made whether to make the journey back to Norfolk. By the time Lambert had made his comment about caring more about the Man Utd game (which still didn''t indicate just how little he cared for the Cup) people had bought their tickets and paid for their travel. They were stuck with the expense.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Did we fill the ground? Yes so it was priced correctly. However I won''t be attending a cup game ever again until Lambert does take it seriously if he ever does.[/quote]

Wise words indeed. If your team are not prepared to give it their best shot - what''s the fcuking point in turning up to watch??

Let''s be honest and say that we don''t have the biggest squad, so at least a few ''first XI'' players are likely to needed to play, and in some cases there was little choice, such as at CB where we''ve got both Whitbread and Ayala out, but if Lambert truly didn''t give a damn about the game, why bother putting most of the first team out as well?We could easily have fielded a team such as:SteerMartin, Ward, Barnett, DruryCrofts, FoxBennett, LappinWilbraham, VaughanThat would arguably have been showing he didn''t give a damn, despite half of those players being ''first XI'' players as well.We simply played badly with a lack of effort, using a formation that didn''t work against the way Leicester set up stall.Regardless of team selection, ticket prices don''t guarantee anything, so whilst I understand why fans who travelled were frustrated at what they saw, paying to watch doesn''t mean you''re entitled to us playing well. What it should however entitle you to is some passion and for me that''s the most frustrating thing about the match, not the team selection or tactics, simply the lack of passion.

I agree whole heartedly with your comments Indy.

This weekend has gone a long way to make me realise just how idiotic some of our fans are. I stated elsewhere that we clearly don''t have a ''best 11'' and that whoever Lambert picks is a team he considers will win the game. I certainly am not going to be questioning the man as he is clearly our effing Messiah.

As stated Holt is one player and he is clearly influential but we played a more than capable front two and Seer was blooming brilliant in the last round.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Let''s be honest and say that we don''t have the biggest squad, so at least a few ''first XI'' players are likely to needed to play, and in some cases there was little choice, such as at CB where we''ve got both Whitbread and Ayala out, but if Lambert truly didn''t give a damn about the game, why bother putting most of the first team out as well?

We could easily have fielded a team such as:

Steer
Martin, Ward, Barnett, Drury
Crofts, Fox
Bennett, Lappin
Wilbraham, Vaughan

That would arguably have been showing he didn''t give a damn, despite half of those players being ''first XI'' players as well.

We simply played badly with a lack of effort, using a formation that didn''t work against the way Leicester set up stall.

Regardless of team selection, ticket prices don''t guarantee anything, so whilst I understand why fans who travelled were frustrated at what they saw, paying to watch doesn''t mean you''re entitled to us playing well. What it should however entitle you to is some passion and for me that''s the most frustrating thing about the match, not the team selection or tactics, simply the lack of passion.
[/quote]

You don''t think that Lambert saying beforehand he was more bothered  about the Man Utd game and then leaving Holt and Naughton out of the  squad, plus benching Surman, might not have sent a message to those selected that they didn''t need to pay with much passion?

Brighton Canary, it''s not the fact that we lost or how bad we played, it''s the fact that the cup game WAS NOT taken seriously enough given that we were in the 5th round. If you were old enough to witness the semi final against Sunderland in ''92 then you''d understand the importance of this game to us fans not idiots!!! If I was told this game was not a high priority for the manager before I purchased my ticket I wouldn''t have gone.

So when for example Lambert selected Lappin to start against QPR recently was he not taking the game seriously? When Lambert decided against giving Holt a single minute on the park at Old Trafford was he not taking the game seriously? I clearly could go on here.

Also, we have known from minute one that survival is the only basis for success this season so to think anything else is somewhat naive. However I still believe Lambert select a match day squad he thought was more than up to the job of dispatching Leicester. Unfortunately for all concerned things for once did not work out.

Holt wasn''t inform when we played man utd nor fit enough hence looking a lot fitter when he got back in the side. Against QPR we played Fulham 2 days previous so Lappin decision is understandable. You don''t bring on wilbraham and a half fit Vaughan on 60 mins if your serious about winning the game.