Sign in to follow this  
whitty

newcastle live on sky??

I have heard that the newcastle game is live on sky on sunday March 11th, should be Villa v Bolton, but Bolton are in the FA cup so the Newcastle v Norwich fixture replaces it...anyone else heard anything??

You mean March 18th if we''re chosen, we''re playing Wigan on SKY on March 11th, out of the three Saturday 3pm fixtures to replace Bolton''s game ours is probably the most interesting but I don''t know if we''d be chosen for SKY two weeks in a row.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]You mean March 18th if we''re chosen, we''re playing Wigan on SKY on March 11th, out of the three Saturday 3pm fixtures to replace Bolton''s game ours is probably the most interesting but I don''t know if we''d be chosen for SKY two weeks in a row.
[/quote]

But do not forget SKY / ESPN have to cover at least 10 of our league games a season. So why not show the Newcastle away game?

Newcastle are on TV on the Monday before as well, so both teams would be live twice in 10 days.

We''ve already "lost" a live TV fixture (ManUre) so perhaps we''ll be more likely to be in the running because of this.

The ticket office seem to think it''s fairly likely.

quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"

quote user="Mr. Bump"You mean March 18th if we''re chosen, we''re playing Wigan on SKY on March 11th, out of the three Saturday 3pm fixtures to replace Bolton''s game ours is probably the most interesting but I don''t know if we''d be chosen for SKY two weeks in a row.quote

But do not forget SKY / ESPN have to cover at least 10 of our league games a season. So why not show the Newcastle away game?

Are you sure this is correct Tangie? I just thought they had to pay for 10 games, not actually show 10 games and any more than 10 games shown will result in extra cash for us. This may be what you mean anyway, if they are paying for 10, may as well show 10.

I think we''re all putting 2+2 together - given that applications for Fulham on 31 March are already open, they need to get their skates on for Newcastle.  It''s surprising they haven''t opened up Newcastle applications already after we were knocked out, so I''m guessing they''re waiting for Sky to make the decision.

Be interested to know if anyone has a sauce, not just speculation like the rest of us.

its obv not definate, but i know someone who is involved with that match who has been told it will "almost certainly be on the sunday"

[quote user="priceyrice"]quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"

quote user="Mr. Bump"You mean March 18th if we''re chosen, we''re playing Wigan on SKY on March 11th, out of the three Saturday 3pm fixtures to replace Bolton''s game ours is probably the most interesting but I don''t know if we''d be chosen for SKY two weeks in a row.

Are you sure this is correct Tangie? I just thought they had to pay for 10 games, not actually show 10 games and any more than 10 games shown will result in extra cash for us. This may be what you mean anyway, if they are paying for 10, may as well show 10.
[/quote]

Thats right if they show an eleventh match, NCFC picks up another £500,000.

£500,000 per match.

Minimum of ten per season.

Open goal !

Anyway I see Newcastle tickets go straight to general sale on Sunday morning, presumably they''re not expecting it to be over-subscribed with the alternative of feet up in front of the TV on Sunday afternoon!

Think I''ll make the trek tho'' as I''ve never been to St J P or whatever it''s called now.