Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Best City Overseas XI

If we had to compile a team made entirely of overseas players who''ve played for City who would get in it.

Michael Theoklitis

Steen Nedergaard

Ade Hareide

Jens Bertel Askou

Erik Fuglestad

Dickson Etuhu

Yousuf Safri

Jim Brennan

Dani Pacheco

Matthias Svennson

Efan Ekoku

Is my go it''s a team of sorts, I couldn''t think of any other goalkeepers and I''m not sure whether it would fit any formations maybe 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

Askou better than Zak Whitbread!!

What about.... Olf Ottoson, Gaetano Giallanza, Cedric Anselin, Fernando Derveld, Jean Yves De Blassis, Mo Camara, Juan Velasco, Goran Maric, Mattias Jonson, Thomas Helveg, Dennis Van Wijk, Paul McVeigh, Phil Mulryne

Suppose it also depends on what you define ''overseas'' as. Ekoku was born in Manchester but played for Nigeria. Keelan was born in India but you wouldn''t describe him as Indian.

Despite Zak being born in America and living in Singapore for a while, he is Liverpool through and through.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]If we had to compile a team made entirely of overseas players who''ve played for City who would get in it.

Michael Theoklitis

Steen Nedergaard

Ade Hareide

Jens Bertel Askou

Erik Fuglestad

Dickson Etuhu

Yousuf Safri

Jim Brennan

Dani Pacheco

Matthias Svennson

Efan Ekoku

Is my go it''s a team of sorts, I couldn''t think of any other goalkeepers and I''m not sure whether it would fit any formations maybe 4-1-2-1-2 formation.[/quote]

I think I would rather have Mark Libbra in goal than that clown!!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Errol Crossan.[/quote]

And Sandy Kennon as goalie. Keelan was born in India but was British. Kennon was South African.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Hoolahan?[/quote] Doesn''t make international sides does he?[/quote]

Think your not getting this post!!

Yeah I thought I was stretching things a bit with picking Theoklitis for goal but couldn''t think of any at the time. I reckon you could probably make a scandanavian outfield who''ve played for Norwich and bend the rules to include Jaaskelainen as the goalie seeing he was here for a short period before joining Bolton.

I was going to say Drazen Muzinic, as John Bond admitted after he signed on reputation alone as he hadn''t seen him (you couldn''t see PL doing that!) and as Justin said ''I don''t think we got Muzinic, I reckon they sent his milkman''

Scandanavian XI

Jussi Jaaskelainen

Erik Fuglestad

Jens Askou

Are Hareide

Thomas Helveg

Matthias Jonsson

Jonathan Johansson

Steen Nedergaard

David Nielsen

Ulf Ottoson

Matthais Svensson

As I said before using Jaaskelainen is bending rules a bit, but this team would do OK I think. (433)