Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Bit more pressure on Holt etc?

Seeing as Holt, Surman, Naughton and Ruddy were rested for the cup game, do you feel there is a bit more pressure on their shoulders for Sunday, cos if one of them has a nightmare, there could be some serious whinging on here? Perhaps we ought to have an amnesty now that we sign up to, that  no matter what the result on Sunday, no one mentions the Cup game!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Seeing as Holt, Surman, Naughton and Ruddy were rested for the cup game, do you feel there is a bit more pressure on their shoulders for Sunday, cos if one of them has a nightmare, there could be some serious whinging on here? Perhaps we ought to have an amnesty now that we sign up to, that  no matter what the result on Sunday, no one mentions the Cup game![/quote]For the players and manager it was a ''non'' game on the day..... and it remains so....Get over it.

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="crabbycanary"]Seeing as Holt, Surman, Naughton and Ruddy were rested for the cup game, do you feel there is a bit more pressure on their shoulders for Sunday, cos if one of them has a nightmare, there could be some serious whinging on here? Perhaps we ought to have an amnesty now that we sign up to, that  no matter what the result on Sunday, no one mentions the Cup game![/quote]

For the players and manager it was a ''non'' game on the day..... and it remains so....

Get over it.
[/quote]

Why didn''t they play it behind closed doors then?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"][quote user="crabbycanary"]Seeing as Holt, Surman, Naughton and Ruddy were rested for the cup game, do you feel there is a bit more pressure on their shoulders for Sunday, cos if one of them has a nightmare, there could be some serious whinging on here? Perhaps we ought to have an amnesty now that we sign up to, that  no matter what the result on Sunday, no one mentions the Cup game![/quote]For the players and manager it was a ''non'' game on the day..... and it remains so....Get over it.[/quote]

Why didn''t they play it behind closed doors then?

[/quote]Because it''s all about the money the club can pull in and has nothing to do with the service they provide for it.I thought you would have realised that by now.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Seeing as Holt, Surman, Naughton and Ruddy were rested for the cup game, do you feel there is a bit more pressure on their shoulders for Sunday, cos if one of them has a nightmare, there could be some serious whinging on here? Perhaps we ought to have an amnesty now that we sign up to, that  no matter what the result on Sunday, no one mentions the Cup game![/quote]

No. I expect them to be fully focussed on that game, and they will go out and give it their best shot! Can''t see them giving the fan''s post match message board chunderings a moment''s thought. I wouldn''t anyway!

I know they will be focused, my point being that these players were rested with the Man U game in mind, so they ''have'' to produce the goods or I can see that the more extreme posters (re the fall out from the Leicester game) might well be using that as a stick to beat PLwith after Sunday if any of the rested players have a mare. I was critical about the game, I felt PL made one or two errors, that''s all, nothing life threatening, christ he has got far more right than wrong so far.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Seeing as Holt, Surman, Naughton and Ruddy were rested for the cup game, do you feel there is a bit more pressure on their shoulders for Sunday, cos if one of them has a nightmare, there could be some serious whinging on here? Perhaps we ought to have an amnesty now that we sign up to, that  no matter what the result on Sunday, no one mentions the Cup game!   [/quote]

What Cup game?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]In my opinion, Sundays a no pressure game cause anything better than a defeat will be a tremendous job![/quote]Agreed, which makes it even more rediculous that we didnt put out our strongest team last week.